“Hard to fault”

Price range: US$22 - US$44
Cuisines: British
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Lowry Restaurant is located within the stylish surroundings of The Lowry, Salford Quays. Perfect for a relaxed lunch with friends, business meeting or pre-theatre meal, The Lowry Restaurant offers friendly and relaxed service whilst the highest quality ingredients ensure delicious Modern British dishes with style. The stunning waterside views are offered by the floor to ceiling windows of The Lowry Restaurant. In the evening unwind and enjoy the unique, striking architecture of The Quays as the sunsets and the area lights up.
“Hard to fault”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just the place to chow down before taking your place in the Lowry theatre. Service was nicely judged. I had a juicy piece of chicken and my wife sea bass.

• Visited July 2014
TheLowrySalford, Manager at The Lowry Restaurant, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Many thanks for your review. We hope you'll visit us again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Really, really good food.”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My graduation was held at The Lowry, so we decided to eat lunch in the restaurant afterwards, and we were really pleased with our decision. The setting was lovely and relaxed, the staff were friendly and attentive, and the food was absolutely delicious. We went for the £21.95 set menu, which I thought was very good value for three courses and a glass of prosecco. I really liked the menu, and there were plenty of things I could have chosen, but in the end I went for smoked salmon, followed by sweet potato cake with poached egg, and then strawberries with meringue. All the food was lovely, and I think the portions were more than big enough, I was very full by the end. I'd definitely eat here again.

• Visited July 2014
TheLowrySalford, Manager at The Lowry Restaurant, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Many thanks for your review. We’re really pleased that you enjoyed your visit on this special day. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Minute portions”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Went to this restaurant 16/07/2014 for my sons graduation,the food portions were really small and very bland,wanted to order a glass for wine with my tiny dinner but no waiting staff around,finished it by the time someone appeared,was told when I paid bill that staff had gone on a break,I don't mind paying over the odds for quality and great service,we had neither ,I came out feeling I'd been had,worst £67 pounds I have ever spent.

3 Thank ersky
Many thanks for your review. We’re disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your experience at The Lowry Restaurant. We strive to produce high quality dishes with great quality ingredients and we feel that we do this well. We’re sorry that you felt that it wasn’t quite right for you this time. Although your waitress had indeed gone on a break, another member of staff was assigned to your table – we apologise is this was of detriment to your experience. We feel that £67 for two starters, three main courses and three desserts plus a glass of Prosecco each is great value for money.
Sale, United Kingdom
“Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I chose The Lowry Restuarant ("TLR") to host our wedding breakfast in June 2014. Within minutes of initiialy meeting TLR's manager, Mike Lee, we knew we had found our venue.

Mike's enthusiasm and sense of creativity in creating a highly personal event was infectious. From helping with the design of a bespoke menu, matching wines and accommodating our own muscians on the day, Mike and his team at TLR were with us at every step of the way.

On the day, the service was fanstastic and the food sublime.

We can genuinely say that without Mike and his team at TLR, our most special of days would not have been the beautiful event that it was. We simply cannot recommend them any more highly and look forward to visiting them again - as friends - soon.

• Visited June 2014
Thank you for your review Chris. We’re thrilled you enjoyed your day with us and hope to you see you and your new bride again soon.
cheshire
“Good Food( and great music !)”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Opera North's annual Wagner visit to the Lowry(six hours)meant a dinner interval of course.The restaurant and ancillary dining areas operated very well to serve a large number of three course meals in 75 minutes(waiter service,not buffet style)but maintained a relaxed atmosphere throughout.Starters and desserts fine but nothing too special,a Lanceshire cheese tart on crushed peas,and a 'Manchester tart'of sorts with raspberries.
Main was a very tasty chicken cooked with good mushroom selection,runner beans and nicely oven cooked sliced potatoes.
House wine good and reasonably priced,ditto coffee.
So,a sunny summers evening,a view across the water,stylish surroundings and wonderful music;where-else could you be but Salford!

Visited July 2014
We’re pleased you enjoyed your Gotterdammerung Interval Dining experience. We hope you’ll visit us again soon.