“Great Weekend In Manchester”

ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Salford

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

We came for a night away with the girls and picked the hotel solely on the price. The hotel room was very clean and modern, shower was fantastic and was very room considering the size of everything. Before we booked it we saw on tripadvisor that people had been complaining about the size of the toilet but in all honesty the average size person fitted just fine. The bed was slightly hard but after a few drinks we did not really notice it. HOWEVER I wish the same could be said for the service. We have never experienced such rude staff in all of our lives. We had booked and paid for the room prior to our visit and double checked that the money had left our account. When we checked in the lady who took our details asked rudely How are you paying, we informed her that we had already paid to which she replied " no you haven't". As a large queue was forming she continued to argue with us to how we were going to pay it wasn't until we had asked her to check our payment that she reluctantly checked and realised we had actually paid causing embarrassment and inconvenience to us and everyone else I reception. Her reluctance to check if we had actually paid before asking if we are paying cash or card demonstrated her lack of customer care. She had an aggressive tone and refused to acknowledge any of her previous actions. However the morning staff when checking out could not have been more pleasant particularly the young man working through the night deserves some sort of recognition for his excellent rapport with the customers.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank 275HannahL88
Jordi_Pena, General Manager at ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your experience in TripAdvisor.

I am sorry that you felt it the lady at reception was rude upon your arrival to the hotel - I have passed on and reviewed your comments with her.

In a positive note, I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcome you again at the hotel on a hassle-free experience.

Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed here on business as the Travelodge up the road was way to expensive due to some rugby at Old Trafford. Overall my stay was as expected, average. The main complaint was the temperature of the room, there was what seemed to be an AC unit in the room but it only worked down to around 23 degrees, which is too hot to sleep in, I ended up leaving the window open all day while I was out of the room so it was cool enough when I was ready to sleep. Light sleepers may be annoyed by corridor noise as it is used over the weekend by a lot of party goers heading out for a drunken night in Manchster. I was on the 6th floor and traffic noise was still quite noticeable. One of the two lifts was out of action which meant I did work up a sweat doing up the many flights of stairs a number of times.

Overall I would say stay at the Travelodge up the road if you can, its much better and often the same price or slightly dearer. On this occasion it was more like £50 more so the Ibis Budget was the only option for me.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Laurence1985
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for posting your comments in here.

Please note that we have in place at the hotel a basic air-cooling system that will push cool or warm air based on outside temperatiures reaching set levels - As the weather is now colder, the unit will only push warm air. These settings are standard and cannot be modiffied by us.

I have also noted your comments in regard to noise caused by other guests for which I apologise.

Kind regards,

UK
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I found this hotel for a night out with the girls. Location is great for most things weather its for shopping or football, near lots of public transport stops. The cost was excellent £30 per room on Laterooms which for 4 girls was cheap as chips lol.

There was free wifi which worked excellently and there was a buffet breakfast which we didnt make but heard it was sufficient for the cost. They have alcohol drinks and soft drinks in the reception foyer which is always staffed 24 hours a day.

Basic room with a cheap price you couldnt ask for better really.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

The team and I are very proud that you have enjoyed your stay at the hotel and look forward to welcome you again at ibis Budget Manchester Salford Quays.

Stafford
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My partner and I wanted somewhere to stay for a couple of nights for a shopping trip. I had noted some negative reviews about this hotel but I found my stay to be good.The room was of a good standard,
modern in design with the lighting and laminate flooring. Nice big shower,separate toilet cubicle and sink facility in the room.
The bed was ok, a touch on the hard side, so I guess a deeper mattress would improve this. Didn't have a problem with the pillows supplied and was aware I could ask for extra of these, also bath mat and hairdryer. Biggest downside was no drink making facilities, but based on previous reviews I went armed with a travel kettle.The hotel does need to get it second lift functioning as it has 7 floors and one lift working is not ideal.I was also advised by the reception staff that if I went out in my car there would be no guarantee that I would get a parking space on my return,which wouldn't be so bad except the nearest parking was on a rough piece of waste ground opposite with no security and charging £5 for 24 hours.Having said that it was ok for the price and I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to have received your positive review and look forward to see you again in your next trip to Manchester.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have just stayed in this hotel and found the service good and a more than adequate breakfast. However the rooms were very basic and only suitable for families with one small child. We considered the bunk-beds dangerous as there was nowhere to hold onto when climbing up or down, also be prepared to make your own bunk bed as the sheets were left on top and difficult to make as you had to move the mattress while holding yourself upright on the steps.

The storage space for clothing was more than disappointing as there were limited hanging spaces and no drawers. The bathroom..doesn't exist! There is a small toilet which the door came open if you knocked it, the shower however was good and hot, very powerful but was in the bedroom! The hotel location is very good as it's close to the tram link and also a number of restaurants across the road. Would definitely recommend the matchstick man for a meal.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your experience in TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you overall enjoyed the stay at the hotel although I appreciate that the room facilities were too basic for your personal liking.

Please be assured that we have noted your comments.

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Smallest room Iv ever stayed in, had no kettle for a cuppa in the morning!! But very clean and a peaceful nights sleep, it's car park is shared with another hotel with maybe only 25 spaces for the ibis, close to tram stop pub and restaurants. Would stay again but not for longer than a day or two as to basic for any longer!

Stayed November 2013
Jordi_Pena, General Manager at ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Ibis Budget Manchester Salford Quays Hotel in TripAdvisor.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.

It is a company standard not to provide coffee or tea making facilities in the rooms. However, we have coffee machines available 24 hours at the common area in the lobby where you can enjoy a coffee or a tea for the price of £1.40.

As for the car park, it is a limited in space one, so we work on first-come-first-serve basis, hence we cannot guarantee the parking spaces. The alternative car park is just opposite Ramada Hotel with a cost of £5.00 for 24 hours.

We would love to have you again in our hotel for a more than pleasant stay.