My friend and I booked the cheapest hotel room that we could find for a lesiurely trip to Manchester, and this hotel was the result of that search.
From our initial observations, not being familiar with the local area, we missed the turning to the car park and couldn't really see any decent signage. In the end, we had to call reception to get directions where we later found out that the hotel shared it's parking facilites with the Ramada hotel which was next door. Parking was £3 per day, which we were informed of when we arrived - I did not spot any information about parking charges beforehand.
Next, we made our way to the reception area where the memeber of staff was really friendly, efficient, and smartly dressed. The friendly gentleman on reception proceeded to check us into our (first) room, where our keys were issued and we made our way up to the 6th floor to find that the keys didn't work with the door - It looked like there was a problem with the lock, and not our keys. The member of staff we saw earlier swapped our keys and we moved to the next (second!) room, which was a relatively easy process.
Our first thoughts on the room; it was very bright, welcoming, and fresh - however, it had a slight clinical vibe. There was a lack of facilities which, to be fair, you'd expect from a budget hotel but it's worth mentioning anyway:
- no safe/place to store valuables
- only two plug sockets
- no shampoo/shower gel/anything for the shower
- no hair dryer
- only 1 pillow per person
- no kettle or mini-fridge (however, there were food facilities downstaris)
There were also some good points about our expereince:
- friendly staff (very attentive, answered phone quickly, ect.)
- nice (in our opinion, of course!) view from the side of the building
- value for money
- good basic facilites
- super clean room on arrival
The sleeping arrangements were okay - we stayed in a standard double room fit for two. The bed was very hard, and there was only one pillow each, but it was relatively comfortable considering we just needed somewhere to sleep at the end of the day!
In the morning, we bought the breakfast option for £5. Initially, we thought it would be a standard fry-up, but soon realised that it was just cereal, toast, yogurt and pastries. We had built our appetite up for a greasy fry-up so we were slightly disappointed when it came around to getting our food. But, aside from that it was well stocked, and the lady running the breakfast was absolutely lovely.
At the end of the day, I would reccommend this room to anyone who simply needs somewhere to stay, and who doesnt really need the extras, or is on a budget! We had a pleasant experience overall, and feel like we have in fact got value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays is situated in close proximity to central Manchester by either car or public transport. The hotel is 100% non-smoking and all 210 bedrooms are en-suite with central air-control system and a flat screen TV. Enjoy the large selection of drinks and snacks available 24/7 from our grab & go section, displayed in our modern and welcoming public areas. Free WIFI throughout. A great continental buffet breakfast is served daily. IMPORTANT: Extremely limited amount of outdoor parking is available and chargeable at £7 per night - Please contact the hotel directly for additional information on car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Etap Manchester
- Ibis Budget Manchester Salford Quays Greater Manchester