“Awful avoid unless you want a sleepless night!!!!!”

ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed 23 February 2014

It has got to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Bed was a very thin mattress on a piece of board. Thankfully we only stayed the 1 night as we would not of stayed for more. Reception asked how our visit was and we informed them it was the worst bed I had ever stayed in and they didn't really care.

• Stayed: February 2014
Jordi_Pena, General Manager at ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the hotel.

I am sorry that the bed type used by ibis Budget was below your desired standards. Whilst I do understand that you felt it reception could have been more apologetic, the team is not in position to change the bed type used by the hotel - so they can only pass on their apologies.

Feedback from our guests is of paramount importance for us.

Jordi Pena

Write a ReviewReviews (1,978)

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed here for one night with two children in a room with a double bed and single bunk over. The room was as expected, compact, clean, basic facilities, mattress was a little hard for my liking but the kids slept well (they were also impressed with the multiple light switches/effects!). The staff were excellent - set up wifi on my phone as I couldn't manage it - and were friendly and efficient. Continental breakfast buffet was better that I'd expected, reasonable croissant/pastries, cereals, yoghurt, fruit and cold meats/cheese and bread/toast and the typical preserves. Apple and orange juice, and a coffee machine. We stayed at the Quays for a night with breakfast for the three of us for less than £30 (used quidco). Car parking was £3 per night, and although more prominent sign would be useful, once you pass the hotel and realise that you've missed the turning, it's easy to U-turn. There's a Tesco Express about 100 yds down the road, and you're within easy walking distance of a variety of other restaurants. Pleased with the experience, will be using again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for posting a very positive review of the hotel in TripAdvisor.

I am extremely proud that the efforts from my team are being appreciated and look forward to seeing you again at the hotel.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Ideally situated, with easy access to major carriageways and also into Manchester. Staff are friendly & very helpful. I've been staying at this hotel a few days, every week for the last 6 months and I've never had an issue. The rooms are no doubt utilitarian, but then, that's what it is, a 'Budget' hotel. Parking within the premises isn't sufficient, but on those rare occasions that the parking is full, there's sufficient parking on the side streets or the 'Pay & Display' car park beside the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces the car park at the rear. It's Manchester city & the wild North Wes...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Jordi_Pena, General Manager at ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to award a top score to ibis Budget Manchester Salford Quays in TripAdvisor.

Your words are very encouraging to me and my team - We very much look forward to welcome soon again at the hotel.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

A) I found the staff very rude
B) beds were the worst I ever slept in... would of rathered slept on the floor...
C) The room smelt of smoke (i thought no was smoking allowed in the rooms)
D) only best thing was the location..
E) breakfast is shocking. We Ended up going over to the matchstick (hungory horse)...

• Stayed: February 2014
Jordi_Pena, General Manager at ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for reviwing the hotel in TripAdvisor.

Although It is always dissapointing to receive negative feedback, we strive to deliver consistently superior service and we have noted all the points you have raised.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We booked and paid for 4 nights here but left after only 1!!!. Although it is clearly visible from Trafford Road getting in to the place is tricky as there are no signs off the main road to direct you in to the right street. First impressions were actually quite good as when I enquired about parking they only have 6-8 spaces in a secure car park. This is because they "rent" spaces from the Ramada which is in fact part of the same building. As I had quite a lot of cases etc. in the car and they couldn't guarantee a parking space there, only in an open public car park off site. This is not the best area to leave things in a car overnight. Really nowhere is. So they helpfully found us a larger room so we could put everything in. It was a disabled accessible room so a good amount of space. Unfortunately it was the WORST bed I think I have ever slept on. We got hardly any sleep. The mattress was about 3 inches thick on a board and had a plastic mattress cover on so it made us sweat. The water pressure in the tap for the sink meant every time you turned it on you got a shower as it sprayed out so much. The area near to reception was the eating area with vending machines and a microwave for guest use. It's location is good for access to Manchester (Tram), and also both Old Traffords. This is more akin to a hostel than a hotel. I booked another hotel and left after the one night. If on a budget and traveling light I suppose it might be OK.

Room Tip: If they have beds with proper mattresses make sure you get one.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts and impressions in TripAdvisor following your recent stay at ibis Budget Manchester Salford Quays.

Whilst I am obviously dissapointed that you did not enjoy your stay I would like to clarify that we do have 40 car park spaces available for guests at the hotel - When we run out of spaces, reception will automatically suggest to our guests to use the overflow pay and display near the hotel.

I am sorry to hear that the facilities provided by ibis Budget were not in line with your personal expectations. This will be noted for future reference.

Once again I thank you for your feedback, which is invaluable to improve the services and standards we offer.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Location:

Fantastic location. Just across the road from Salford Quays tram station, so right in the centre of it. Just across the way you will find The Lowry, The Lowry shopping outlet and the Imperial War Museum. A couple of stops away on the tram is Media City UK. A day ticket for the metrolink (tram) is £5 (off peak 10am onwards) which is a good deal, and you can add the metrolink bus to that for 80p.

Rooms:

The rooms were really clean and of good size but a bit "medical" for my liking. They looked extremely like hospital rooms, to the point where me and my partner were convinced it was a conversion! Non the less, if you are just using it as a stopgap and aren't spending much time in there, then its well worth it. The shower and toilet are separate, and the mirror & sink are in the middle of the main room which isn't really practical. Toilet door also didn't have a lock, which to me is really unnerving.

Facilities:

Free wifi which is always good, two lifts, so pretty easy access getting around the hotel, there was a cafe but couldn't see much action there. Breakfast is offered for around £4/5 but that is a continental breakfast. If that's not for you, there is a pub across the road if you would prefer something else at pretty much the same price.

Staff:

Staff were helpful and there was always someone around.

Value/Price:

Great value all over really, £43 for 2 people (booked around 8 hours before we were due to stay) so for a last minute deal is really good. Used booking.com for a buy now pay later deal which is well worth doing too.

Overall, well worth staying for a couple of nights if you have lots to do planned and need a place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for extra pillows and towels when you arrive as you only get one each and they aren't too pl...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback. I am pleased to read that overall you have enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

The team and I look forward to welcome you back at the hotel soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com