“Not good & not bad”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Not good & not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Firstly we arrived & I could only see parking for the Ramada so I went to reception and asked where to park. I was told to park in a carpark over the road at £5 for 24hrs. The car park wasn't pleasant and we wasn't too confident leaving the car there. We went back in to check in I had some difficulties understanding the girl on reception due to her nationality. I didn't find her pleasant nor helpful so I wasn't too happy. I also didn't like how she was checking others in while sorting my check in out. The room was big we had been given a disabled room. It had a very funny smell a bit like new paint.
The bed was comfy and we slept well.
We had breakfast in the morning, I didn't feel there was much choice & they had ran out of orange juice. Most of the tables were dirty. Upon check out I waited a few minutes but no one came to the desk so I left my room key. Overall not happy at all. First time an Ibis has let me down!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Jordi_Pena, General Manager at ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Shell P,

Many thanks for posting your review in Tripadvisor.

We do have very limited car parking spaces available at the hotel and when we run out of them my team will automatically suggest the Pay and Display opposite the hotel as it is the nearest option available.

I do apologise that you felt it the customer service received by the team member concerned wasn't up to the expected standard and I will share your comments with my team.

Kind Regards,

Jordi Pena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Very basic, bed not very comfortable but as it implies it is a budget hotel. We chose to have the continental breakfast which was good value at £4.95 Very clean hotel and the location to the metrolink is excellent. A family can use a weekend day pass for £6.20, excellent value. Plenty of places to eat nearby and if you can't get on the very small car park there is a large open space next to the hotel that charges £5.00 per 24 hours. We will use again if we visit Manchester

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jordi_Pena, General Manager at ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your recent stay and very much look forward to welcome you again at ibis Budget Manchester Salford Quays in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Jordi Pena
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have been staying at Ibis Budget (Mon to Thurs) for over a month and found it suits my needs working nearby as a contractor. The hotel would also be very suitable for football fans attending Old Trafford or any event in downtown Manchester for that matter as the Salford Quay Metro stop is just across the road. The rooms are clean and the staff are very friendly and responsive. The rooms (all at least double- some triple) do have limited hanging space so would not recommend for single occupancy beyond a few days and would only suit couples on a stopover. There's a basic self service continental breakfast available. Drinks/ snacks can also be purchased from reception. There are a few eateries nearby and the Lowery Centre is only 10-15 mins walk.
I've found the rooms shower/ wc facilities to be excellent and if there's one negative point to add, it would be the room's television. Most budget hotels I visit nowadays have a Television with a basic 'no frills free to view' digital service. The Ibis/ Etap group have a dedicated Philips television system which at best is limited in its channels and at worst, can at times switch off and/or go into reboot. If any Ibis executives are reading this review, please can you reconsider using this dreadful system and arrange local suppliers to tender supply and installation. Your guests I am sure would be most grateful. Thank you.

Room Tip: Convenient to Old Trafford and Salford Quays' Metro
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jordi_Pena, RECEPTION TEAM at ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing your comments about your stay in our hotel.

Both the Management and the Reception teams are delighted to know that our location, prices and facilities met your needs.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience you may have come across regarding the TV sets. Your feedback is vital to us, so we note your comments which will be passed on in order to improve our services for our guests in the future.

We would like to continue having your trust for future stays in our hotel.

Sergio Rojo
Llanelli
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Originally I booked two nights at Ibis Budget Manchester Salford Quays but had to cancel the second one. Late Rooms website did not allow me to do this. A phone call to Late Rooms resulted in similar difficulty and a long, expensive call. Eventually the Late Rooms representative phoned the hotel to cancel. I was not impressed.
The location of the Ibis was ideal. I found a place in the small car park which is shared with the Ramada next door and nearby tram stops provided quick and easy transport into Manchester city centre. For a budget hotel the Ibis was very good and the staff friendly and helpful. My room (616) was over warm. I failed to reduce the stifling night time temperature, even with the window open, so my wife and I chose to sleep on top of the quilt. This was just as well because even there, the mattress springs made for a very uncomfortable night. In the morning my wife was in tears due to pain in her back. I reported the situation to reception. The receptionist was very apologetic and she promised to have maintenance look into the problem. I have heard nothing.
The buffet breakfast, all you can eat, provided plenty of choice and was excellent value at £4.95 per head. We would stay at the Ibis Salford Quays again but only after thoroughly checking the state of the mattress.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeterC1940
Jordi_Pena, RECEPTION TEAM at ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking your time and sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Ibis Budget Manchester Salford Quays hotel on TripAdvisor.

We do apologise for any inconvenience the mattresses may have caused you. We note your comment and we will pass it to the Maintenance team so that they can improve the quality of sleep for our guests.

We are glad to read that our location and facilities met your needs and we would like to see you again very soon for a better and improved stay with us.

Sergio Rojo
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel not for families as rooms are very small ok for a couple or just a night sleep cheap to with great staff very.helpful lical amenities to.and right opposite Manchester United football club

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ratansingh1
Jordi_Pena, RECEPTION TEAM at ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking your and sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Ibis Budget Manchester Salford Quays hotel in TripAdvisor.

Both the Management and the Reception teams are really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location and facilities were up to your expectations.

We would like to see you again very soon in our hotel for another great stay.

Sergio