“Good value for the money”

ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Tartu, Estonia
“Good value for the money”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Got the room to the 7th floor, window to the street. Stayed there for 3 nights. Very clean, but small (toilet is extremly small). Couldn't find a way to switch off the bathroom fan, so it made noise 24/7 (and the bathroom is part of the room). Fortunately, I was always tired enough, so slept well. TV didn't work on the last day for some reason.

Hungry Horse + other eating places across the street. Tesco, Shell, Subway are 1 min walk.

Parking is shared with the Ramada hotel and place for your car is not guaranteed (there are less places for the ibis hotel guests). Even if you stay longer than a day you need to pay for the parking at the reception every time you leave (£3 for a day) and take a new card from the machine when coming back.

Overall, very good value for the money.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alari K
Jordi_Pena, RECEPTION TEAM at ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

We are glad to know that you found our location and facilities suitable for your needs. We are sorry if the car park happened to be an issue during your stay, but considering its limited space, first-come-first-serve is the only way to operate it.

We would like to see you very soon again for another pleasant stay with us.

Best regards,

Sergio Rojo
Reception Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Needed to stay in a hotel due to last minute circumstances for a week and stayed at the ibis hotel.
The room was clean and efficient so no complaints there but even though there was only 2 of us in a triple room we felt extremely cramped!
Great if all you're doing is sleeping in the hotel as it doesn't become an issue but as we needed to temporarily live in the small space it made life a bit squashed!
Could have benefited from more conveniently located plug sockets.
The toilet was essentially a cupboard and when the wind picked up you could hear a strange buzzing noise- again, nothing too serious.
The staff were friendly and were kind enough to leave a bag of fresh towels, soap and toilet roll outside the door if you displayed the 'do not disturb' sign before cleaning was due to take place.
For what we paid we would of liked the prices to be a little lower but it saved us from being in a pickle with accommodation!
Overall not bad but definitely budget :)

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jordi_Pena, General Manager at ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Olivia A,

Many thanks for posting your thoughts and comments in Tripadvisor.

We are glad that you overall enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that found the team to be friendly and helpful.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed for one night along with 5 friends, for our trip to the Lowry theatre. Had a bit of a problem booking in, they could only find 1 room on their system although I did have paperwork from them confirming the 3 rooms I'd booked, this was resolved quite quickly.
Found it to be very clean although the rooms were basic, but we weren't disappointed, because as 6 ladies cleanliness is very important. The one moan was the mattress on my bed, I could feel all the springs in it, that is until my friend and I turned it over, then it was fine. However, we did get a fit of the giggles when turning mattress at 11.30 at night! Fortunately the rooms are well sound-proofed, as our friends in the next room didn't hear us. Breakfast was fine. Sue on the reception was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting accommodation for a short break.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Margaret E,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review of the hotel in Tripadvisor.

I do apologise that you found the bed to be too hard for your liking, however I am delighted to read that you found Sue to be very friendly and helpful - Sue will be delighted to know that her efforts have been appreciated and remebered.

Caernarfon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have been using ACCOR hotels for many years and rarely if ever had a negative experience. Traditional IBIS red, Mercure and Novotel this not. I have used Etape in the past which was rebranded Ibis Budget. A distinct improvement on the Etape experience in France, the Salford Quays hotel has many plus points. Parking and signage is very good. Access from the M602 is very convenient. I parked the car on arrival and returned to it as I departed. 24 hours parking noon to noon was £3. Central Manchester NCP is double that for a couple of hours. A Day ticket for Tram/Bus is £6.70. So convenient it is a no brainer.
The hotel is clean but the room reminded me of a documentary on scandanavian weekend prisons for errant motorists. The double room I had for single occupation 616 on the tram side was comfortable to sleep in but with a small square window overlooking the petrol station, was claustrophobic. Excellent shower , tiny toilet wash basin with illuminated mirror and dual voltage shaver point. No shower gel/soap dispenser (standard in Ibis Red). Bed was sturdy and pillows good but the couette/duvet very light weight although a good TOG rating for Summer use.
Good choice of TV channels including TV5 French.
Breakfast was more than adequate and a good price. My room price of £43 was booked on the Accor Booking site using my A Club card. No qualifying points awarded was mildly annoying given that a lady checked in on a £30 deal through late rooms, while I was buying my snacks from the reasonable stock of confectionery and sandwiches. Staff were very good and apologetic that computer/payment systems were down on my arrival and forms needed filling in. No problem, Susie sorted it and I received confirmation of payment within seconds of processing from Kalixa Mastercard.
Apart from the Spartan functionally furnished bedroom which is so different in comparison with IBIS standards, I cannot really fault this hotel. It served a purpose and did its job without problems. I can recommend its location sleep quality and the staff are good. Its a pity the Ramada next door is not an Accor hotel so you could choose your standard within the brand. In similar circumstances I would use it again without hesitation. Basic but probably better than most in its class.

Room Tip: Upper floors probably quieter but road noise not a problem.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear islander2001,

Many thanks for posting your honest comments and feedback in Tripadvisor.

I am glad to read that the hotel was suited to your needs and I do apologise for the technical issues you experienced on arrival; due to our computer systems being down at the front desk. I will pass on to Sue your positive feedback about how she dealt with the situation.

Please note that ibis Budget hotels do not participate in the "Le Club Accor" loyalty scheme, so guests are unable to collect points for stays at any of our hotels worldwide.

We look forward to welcome you again at the hotel in your next visit to Manchester.

Tyne and Wear
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights as a solo traveller. Immaculately clean. Breakfast was pretty good. 2 minute walk to Salford quays tram station which is 4 stops away from Piccadilly costing £2.80 for the journey.couple of restaurants two mins away. Morrisons 5 mins up the road and two min walk to the quays which is a lovely place to sit and chill with swans and fish and seats all around. Only two small critisisms......no kettle in room but you can buy token for machine any time of day or night for £1.40 and the long mirror wasn't close enough to the plug sockets. After leaving a do not disturb sign on door the cleaning staff kindly left me fresh towels, loo rolls and soap etc outside the door so that was a bonus

Room Tip: I was on third floor on side where trams pass. No noise problem when window is closed and air con is...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jay1bug
Dear jay1bug,

Many thanks for your lovely review and the "5 out of 5" stars score. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and look forward to welcome you soon again in your next trip to the area.

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I have recently just stayed here for 2 weeks!
Can't complain really the room was clean, and cleaned everyday all but one time which staff at reception were apologetic about.
I would however have liked a kettle and extension plug in my room - staying here for 2 weeks with the plug a long way from the mirror and no kettle was a slight annoyance for me! The water is very chlorinated from the tap so best to have some bottled water from the Tesco or Morrisons up the street!
Tv had free view channels, rooms are relatively quiet considering I was next to the tram and dual carriageway! Shower brilliant!
Bed not comfy for a long stay but would be ok for a short stay!
Black out blinds very useful!
Location for me was ideal as I work at Media City! And right near the Salford Quays tram stop which is just a short ride from the city centre!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Gemma B,

Many thanks for posting your review in Tripadvisor.

I am pleased that you overall enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I will share your comments with my team.

ibis Budget are hotels that provide the strictly essentials and are designed for short term - value for money - stays. Should you require enhanced comfort for future stays at any location, I can recommend our sister hotels: ibis or ibis Styles.

Yarm, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

If you want 5 star then this isn't for you.....BUT.... if you want a comfortable night stay on a budget rate, then look no further.

The hotel is located opposite the Salford Quay's tram stop, and only a 10 minute tram ride from the city centre. When you take into consideration the prices to stay in the centre, there's no contest if you aren't wanting to spend a fortune. The hotel is basic, but clean. A car park on site which when we've stayed a few times, we've never had a problem getting parked.

There is a pub by the tram stop and a Frankie and Benny's nearby. There is also a Tesco express a couple of minutes walk away too.

Would recommend for anyone visiting Manchester, especially Old Trafford as this is walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Jordi_Pena, General Manager at ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear NYKnicks1826,

We are so glad that you took the time to review your stay in August 2013 - It is always a pleasure for the team to receive great feedback our guests.