We've been using this Hotel for nearly a year now. Some weeks we've had up to four rooms with two guys sharing and our experience has been consistently good. Please don't be put off by the "budget" name; this hotel is very good!
We are a firm of contractors who work all over Europe and indeed the rest of the world. Having stayed in Ibis budget hotels in Belgium, France and many other places we can confirm that the specification of these and layout of the rooms is fairly consistent and identical in all refitted properties, post Etap re-brand. I seriously challenge anyone to comfortably put up 4 guys in a capital city for sub £275 per week.
We use the business membership scheme which costs sub Euro 90 per annum, but has shown us the following benefits:
1) 10% discount on room fees.
2) 10% off anything purchased whilst in the Hotel (Snacks, Beers, Wines etc.)
3) Guaranteed accomodation, even during busy periods, provided you book 48hours in advance. (This has proven to be the most valuable aspect of the membership and has ensured that, if we book at the weekend, we always have rooms, even during match days at Old Trafford and other such events).
We have *never* paid more than £32 per night, even when others have reported paying up to £120 per night, subject to demand. We believe this represents fantastic value as there are no hotels in the vicinity which even have rooms when Manchester United are playing, let alone offering them at sub £32. On several occasions I've arrived late night, to join the guys and although full, I've left my bag, gone to the pub and had a phone call to say they've *created* a room, at around the same rate... Fantastic!
Sergio and his team including Imran, who is usually on night / early morning duty, Susie who does mornings and also the delightful Eastern European girls who form the hotel's reception team are a credit to the Hotel and the brand. Check in is always smooth and very fast, they are cheerful and very polite and last but not least, have a laugh and a joke with the guests who are more regular at the Hotel. Sergio himself has had me us all in stitches on many occasions with his dry sense of humour!
Parking is available on a first come, first served basis in a secure car park shared with the Ramada. Staff always do their utmost to let us fit in our vehicles and even when the car park is showing full, will come outside and visually check if we have spotted a free space and let us in. It's best to get in the car park before 6pm and you'll usually get a space, expect for on Match days when it's every man for himself. There is a large NCP style car park opposite which is never full and is £5 per night as opposed to the £3 charged by the Ibis and still very reasonable.
The Hotel reception is modern and has tables, chairs, coffee machine (good coffee, just had one) and serves a continental style breakfast which I've yet to try, but having just gone to reception and seen the fresh breads and croissants being taken out of the oven, appears to be cooked fresh on site!
There is a wide selection of Ginsters pies, pasties and sandwiches, Pot Noodles, Porridges / Cereals etc. as well as things like tooth paste, shaving cream and shower gels available 24/7 in reception at very reasonable rates. There is a small but well stocked mini bar with a selection of beers, wines in glass sized bottles, waters, spirit & mixer cans also available 24 hours. You are free to use the microwave also provided for food purchased in the hotel, or bought at one of the Express Supermarkets within walking distance. We have on occasion bought a takeaway in for the lads and the staff have been more than happy to let us sit in reception using the hotel's plates and cutlery to eat as a group.
I would personally like to see a couple of sofas and coffee tables, which would encourage me to work in the hotel reception of an evening, rather than spend my night at the pub opposite!
The rooms are always spotlessly clean, with a small WC, (I don't know how much time the negative reviewers actually spend on the can, or why it matters that you can touch both walls of it with your shoulders, but I've found it fine) a shower which is one of the most powerful and best I've had in ANY Hotel, a small desk and seat, a TV, several touch button lighting levels which are accessible from the bed also. Housekeeping always provide fresh towels every day, make the bed and change it every 2 (I think) days. The Air Conditioning in the room is perfect if you want to close the window and sleep in the cool. If you *must* have the window open, you may wish to ask to sleep at the rear of the hotel, as the traffic may keep you awake in the early hours between 5-7am. I've regularly slept all night even as a light sleeper, with the window open. The beds on the lower floors seem to be slightly more comfortable than the upper floors, which in my opinion is the only thing about this place which makes deserves the name *budget*, as everything else is 5 star!
Easy to find, and it doesn't take a genius to work out you have to turn right at the lights just after the Hotel, then follow your nose. Perhaps for the benefit of less sensible guests a couple of laminated signs on the lamp posts directing them to the car park? There are a couple of restaurants, a pub and a particularly good takeaway called Aadams which serves Indian, Chinese, Italian, as well as burgers and kebabs, next door but one. You are also welcome in the Ramada Hotel's bar, also next door. There is a tram station opposite the pub and you can be in town within 10 minutes, at the Lowry or anywhere else which takes your fancy, without hassle.
To sum up:
Friendly and polite staff, immaculately clean rooms and dining area, snacks, drinks and everything local to you. sub £30 a night if you book in advance and the best value Hotel offering anywhere.
Budget needn't mean service or cleanliness is sacrificed - Sergio and his team are proof. A job very well done guys and girls!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays is situated in close proximity to central Manchester by either car or public transport. The hotel is 100% non-smoking and all 210 bedrooms are en-suite with central air-control system and a flat screen TV. Enjoy the large selection of drinks and snacks available 24/7 from our grab & go section, displayed in our modern and welcoming public areas. Free WIFI throughout. A great continental buffet breakfast is served daily. IMPORTANT: Extremely limited amount of outdoor parking is available and chargeable at £7 per night - Please contact the hotel directly for additional information on car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com and LateRooms so you can book your ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Etap Manchester
- Ibis Budget Manchester Salford Quays Greater Manchester