“disappointing start but soon got better”

Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed 29 February 2012

arrived here for one night having booked dinner bed and breakfast rate when arrived had to queue for ages to check in there was noone on priority desk when eventually arrived at desk was told could not eat in restaurant between 7.30 and 10.30 due to a function and the bar was not serving food during that time either offered meal before or after which wasnt convenient wasnt offered option of room service had to ask them to change rate to b and b but this was very reasonable only 69 pounds staff were very nice and apolgetic shouldnt have been offered dbb rate on booking tho if wasnt easily available plenty of choice for eating on salford quays however due to being platinum member had already been allocated an upgraded executive room on top floor which was excellent except glass goes right to floor a problem for someone wit hheight issues breakfast was excellent and really handy for salford quays and trams apart from hiccup at beginning did enjoy stay would go again

1  Thank CleethorpesGtfcfan
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2012

Dear CleethorpesGtfcfan,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome.

We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK

Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed here for a night as had tickets to see a show in Manchester. It is modern, quiet and in a great location. We would highly recommend it. The breakfast was good, the staff were nice and we could not have asked for more really.

Room Tip: Better views higher up.
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed 1 Sunday night whilst seeing a show at The Lowry which is a comfortable 10 minute walk away. King executive room on 16th floor was spacious and modern with all facilities one needs. Views diminished by mist but must be impressive on a clear day. Wall mounted TV opposite bed was a little small for the size of the room. Lovely clean bathroom with toiletries and hot powerful shower. Pesky mini bar that charges if you open the door and sneeze! Location within Media City complex near perfect. Didn't use bar or restaurant as they were expensive. Booths supermarket 100yds away is very handy. Subsidised parking at £6.50 for 24hrs close by. Would stay again and may even consider this hotel for Manchester city centre visit due to excellent Metrolink connections.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stayed two nights and was immediately impressed with reception staff helpfulness and welcome. (I arrived three hours before the 1400hrs check-in time and was given a room right away).

The 8th floor standard twin room was spacious and 'very' clean. Not a good view but that was not an issue. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in! Good size TV and plenty of channels. Useful desk area too.

Breakfast was available in a pleasant restaurant. In general the selection and quality was very good. Only dubious item was the scrambled egg - not nice at all! On checking in, I was advised that the hotel was busy and it might be busy at breakfast but it wasn't and we enjoyed a leisurely start to the day.

The hotel is in the middle of MediaCityUK. Ideal if you have business there or like me were going to The Lowry Theatre a five minute walk away.

The hotel serves meals in the restaurant and bar however, we chose to eat at Bella Italia in the Lowry Outlet, which had better veggie options.

There is a tram stop a couple of minutes from the hotel which whisks you into central Manchester in 15 minutes for £2.50. the tram terminates at Piccadilly Station which was perfect for out needs.

Room Tip: I suspect all the rooms are good in this well designed hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Visited the hotel to celebrate my birthday and attend the match between Manchester United and Liverpool. About a 10 min walk to the stadium set on what was Manchester docks and is now home to the BBC and ITV with the Lowry centre and an outlet centre. The Imperial War Museum is also on hand and a short tram ride takes you into Manchester City centre. We however got a taxi from the hotel to King Street for a cost of £8.00, well worth it in my oppinion. The hotel is very smart with excellent rooms and facilities. Parking is next door in the multi-storey car park at an excellent discounted rate of £6.50 per 24 hours, once again value for money. I tend to find you can tell a lot about a hotel on arrival and ours was curtious and proffesional. We pulled up outside the hotel and reception welcomed us like old friends telling us to leave the car in the parking bay and to get checked in first before parking our car. The staff were fantastic and you can tell they all enjoy working there. Jess Garrett, the assistant manager was always available if needed and made sure our stay was exactly what we wanted it to be. All in all I would highly recommend this hotel. Its easy to find being at the end of the M602, a great location for the football and not to far from the city centre shops and restaurants as well as the Mall. Its spotlessly clean and very very secure with room key activation for the lifts ensuring no chancers go wandering round. Try it, you will not be dissapointed.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

What a great hotel, fantastic location, right in the heart of MediaCityUK with great tram connections back into Manchester CIty Centre. Friendly staff and well appointed rooms.

Room Tip: Parking available above Booths supermarket - next-door to the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cheeky2xist
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I can't comment on the quality of this hotel as my business partner was unable to make the trip due to the illness of his wife. As this was cancer related, I did not think that there would be be a problem. I tried to cancel the 2 rooms which I had booked on the Thursday (we were booked in to stay on Monday) and 4 days advanced notice seemed reasonable. When I phoned to cancel, having taken the rooms at an £80.00 each, at the advertised, advanced booking rate, I was told that Holiday Inn policy is no refund. Small print legal policy or large corporate rip off and abuse?
Needless to say, our company will not be using the 'services' of Holiday Inn in the future.

Rob C. Director

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Rob C
JessGarrett, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

15th may 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Reference: Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience that was encountered at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK. It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome whilst staying with us; therefore I am disappointed that this did not occur.

I thank you for bringing this matter to my attention for which I will take appropriate action.

Please can you contact me on gsm2@himediacityuk.co.uk so we can discuss the matter further.

Kind Regards

Jess Garrett
Guest Service Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Hotel Football Old Trafford
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
The Lowry Hotel
The Lowry Hotel
#3 of 20 in Salford

Been to Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK? Share your experiences!