“business trip”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
“business trip”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I stay here on a regular basis for business and it has always ticked all the boxes. The staff are fantastic and can never do enough to help. Its in a good location for trafford park and the city with good transport links. On my last visit though i noticed that the general cleanliness of the hotel is starting to slip. The reception and rooms were fine but the corridor outside my room was very dirty with rubbish in the corridor and the wall appeared grubby. I appreciate that the hotel is always busy and has a large footfall travelling through but there are a lot of good hotels in the area offering a good level of alternatives. It may have just been busy and i will stay again.

Room Tip: all rooms are okay
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Steve,

Many thanks for your comments. I will keep a close eye on your feedback reragding housekeeping standards and presentation, as I have to say we do take pride in the hotel and it's appearance, and this is not the image we want to give a guests staying for the first time or many times such as yourself.

Steve, if you return and find anything to your dislike please do let me know, my email is: thatton@peel.co.uk

Teresa Hatton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Good location, with easy parking next door and tram links to central manchester.
Lowry theatre and shopping centre within walking distance.
Well stocked shop nearby, if you cant face the regular hotel or chain restaurant fayre.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the very top floor, as the showers in floors 1-15 are pants!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Adam,

Many thanks for your email. Sorry to hear you feel that the shower facility on all floors 8 to 15 are poor. I will as a matter of course look into the water pressure to ensure it is at correct level as a pre-caution for all our guests.

Staffordshire, UK
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for one night for a shopping and sight seeing trip to Manchester. Ideal location as we went to look around media city, Salford quays and old Trafford. There is a tram station close buy for quick access to the city centre. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I would recommend staying here to anyone

Stayed December 2012
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
James,

Many Thanks for your recent review. Look forward to having you stay at the hotel in the near future.

Edinburgh
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed one night for a man united match
Check efficient and friendly, room very clean and well laid out ( a bit on the small side) good bar and good food.
A modern hotel and it shows the place is a bit like a hospital very clean, over time character will start to develop.
Big question would I return, yes I would

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Mike,

Thank You for your review. Look forward to seeing you at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK.

Stratford-upon-Avon
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We arrived here late in the evening and the staff were most helpful with helping us to our room with our vast amount of luggage. We were very impressed with our room too; being media folk, we really appreciated the thought that had gone into the design. For example, the desk faced into the room with numerous plug sockets and so served as a perfect DIT area... (that'll either mean a lot to you or nothing at all!). We had a room on the 15th floor and the view was great. The car park was a nice one and close by (with a quiet road with loading bay outside the hotel reception). Definitely recommend if staying in Manchester for work (and especially if you work in the media).

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at MediaCityUK. See you soon.

Falkland Islands
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Just returned to London after a couple of nights at The Holiday Inn. To be fair I only chose it because I had enough Tesco Clubcard points to stay free of charge! My first time in a Holiday Inn and I hope it won't be my last. Nice big room and huge bed to myself. Very convenient for my planned trip - first visit to Old Trafford (pity we lost though!), metro into Manchester & Wagamama's nearby for a yummy evening meal.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank You for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK. Great to hear your first stay was an enjoyable one and that you will choose to stay with us and the Holiday Inn family in the near future.

S. Wales
Reviewed 27 February 2013

The first thing I need to convey is the warm welcome and exceptionally helpful staff on the front desk. Every member of staff I encountered was professional, polite and extremely helpful. My room was spotlessly clean and WiFi availability was great. I ordered room service which was delivered within 20 minutes piping hot and tasted great. My only negative, if i were pushed for one, would be corridor noise (which I hasten to add was not terrible) as a light sleeper I did request a 'quieter' room but my own fault as I forgot to pack ear plugs which I normally take where ever I stay. I will be returning for business over the next few weeks and will not hesitate in booking again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
JessGarrett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Good Evening,

Many Thanks for the wonderful feedback from your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK. Looking forward to having you return to us soon, and don't forget to bring the ear plugs for a great night's sleep.

Teresa Hatton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Hotel Football Old Trafford
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
The Lowry Hotel
The Lowry Hotel
#3 of 20 in Salford
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays

Been to Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK? Share your experiences!