“Good value”

Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as my husband was working at an event nearby. Lovely hotel and friendly staff.
We had a room in the top floor which I understand was the executive floor. The room was large with a high quality bath and shower. The toiletries and towels provided were much better quality that expected in a budget hotel. The room had a mini fridge and a hair dryer which we were not expecting. Breakfast was lovely!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

LauraB,

Many thanks for your recent feedback regarding your stay here with us here at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK.

Hope you will return to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights and all the staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. A very good place to stay, I would recommend it to anyone and would definetly stay there again.

The room was large and comfortable and kept very clean by the efficient staff.

You do have to be careful of the mini bar, as it is computerised, so you can be charged for simply moving/looking it, but there are plenty of clear warnings.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Humphries9,

Many Thanks for your recent feedback and well done on the details regarding minibar which many guests do not seem to notice.

Hope to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed here for one night as it was great value for money and had a Metrolink station a stone's throw away from the hotel so I was able to get into the center of Manchester without having to pay for a taxi. The rooms were a good size and very clean. MY only issue was that I ordered a lamb madras to be delivered to my room however there was no naan bread with the meal.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Many Thanks for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK.
Hope you will return soon and we will ensure that naan bread goes with the meal from now on.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Thank you to Teresa and her team for looking after us during my "in-laws" ruby wedding anniversary celebrations. The rooms were spotless and comfortable and the views from floor 16 were amazing! We held a celebration in the Green Room restaurant and all our guests had an excellent selection of dishes to choose from on our personal menu. I can not fault the service of all the staff from check-in to the late bar. Being located in the trendy MediaCityUk district and being relatively new this Holiday Inn experience is unique and matches any of the alternatives available in the city which is only a short tram or taxi ride away

Room Tip: Upgrade to the exec rooms and enjoy the view from floor 16
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Probey30,

Thanks a million for your wonderful feedback. The Team and I are so grateful for your feedback and hope you will come and stay with us in the near future.......and there will always be a bottle of champers on ice!!

See you soon and have a great weekend.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I couldn't quite believe my ears when I was walking from the elevator to my room on the 15th floor.. Were those creaky floorboards under the carpets of this modern high-rise hotel that I could hear..?

Hmm, well, I didn't actually lift the carpet to investigate but, well, it sure sounded like they were.. and not only were they along the corridor, they were in the room as well. Every time I moved about the room, creak, creak, creak.. and it wasn't just me.. I could hear the creak, creak, creak of folks walking along the corridor and the creak, creak, creak of folks walking in rooms around and above me..

I was there on a quiet day, so I wasn't impacted too greatly, but it was rather off-putting to me.. and certainly not something that I would have expected in a fairly new property.

I don't think that finding out how much more of an impact this is on a busy night is something I'd be all that keen to experience (and, given the hotel's location, next to the BBC and fairly close to Old Trafford, I would imagine that it can get pretty busy at times)….

Apart from that, I found the hotel to be pretty well appointed and the staff really helpful and friendly.. They even loaned me a charger for my phone as I had forgotten mine.. a nice touch..

Setting aside the noise, the rooms are fairly well appointed. Bed and pillows were comfortable enough but I still find the hotels here in the UK lacking and lagging behind when compared to the comfort offered by their counterparts in the USA.

There are the usual room amenities but, personally, I would have preferred an empty fridge instead of a mini-bar (there is a supermarket next door).

Room decor is pretty modern and nice enough. No complaints.

Breakfast was OK, the usual hot/cold buffet. I was offered it for £10 at check in (normally £15) so I was happy with that. Coffee was not very nice though. Weak and tasteless from vacuum flasks. I think a change to fresh brew is in order here.

There is a multi-story car park next door and (with validation from the front desk) I paid something like £7 overnight, which I thought was actually pretty good. OK, free car parking is always nice, but not always to be found in urban areas.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Juninho_pp,

Thank You for your constructive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Hope the creeky floors will not stop you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I want to take this opportunity to thank the team for really looking after us when we stayed on Saturday evening - especially Hannah at Reception and Ted at the bar. Rhys in the Restaurant needs to be cloned and sent out to tackle the world - he's attentive, friendly, cheeky, and very interactive. Every staff member was polite and friendly. The room (Executive) was excellent, well appointed and very clean.
Well Done. Thank you

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Ian & James,

Thank You both for your wonderful feedback.
All the very, very best in your new adventures and see you both in New Zealand!

Teresa x

Reviewed 23 October 2013

For a hotel that is supposedly 0.9 km from old trafford football ground ,the 31 minute walk seems out of proportion.advertised as very close to the ground ,yes if you use a helicopter and fly as the crow does,then it's an easy walk.
By 4 pm my room wasn't made up yet which is highly annoying .staff at reception ,besides the Spanish guy ,are rude,indifferent and most unhelpful.

Go somewhere else if you want a hotel near old trafford

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

JohannesburgALAN,

Reference: Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience that you encountered at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK. It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome whilst staying with us; therefore I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel.

Teresa Hatton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
The Lowry Hotel
The Lowry Hotel
#4 of 20 in Salford
Hotel Football Old Trafford
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays

Been to Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK? Share your experiences!