“Small rooms average location.”

Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Small rooms average location.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I booked an executive double room for £144 for one night for myself and my wife expecting to have a swish room with the promised waterfront view. Instead we got a normal sized room on the 16th floor facing a building site and what I believe to be student apartments. The main difference I could see between the standard double room and the executive was the office desk and two small bottles of water and one snack chocolate bar which was gratis. Unfortunately the promise of two bath robes was half filled I.e. One bath robe (not that we would have used them but a promise is a promise). We were advised by the friendly receptionist that rather than eat at the hotel there was a nice outdoor restaurant with a large screen to view the tennis or football unfortunately this was busy with 20 something young adults drinking the night away. After a small walk we decided to eat at the hotel. We chose the basic horseshoe gammon and chips for our main a nice light meal as it turned out the gammon was very small and the chips were more like potatoes wedges. Then for desert my wife really fancied the chocolate cake with hot chocolate sauce, what she received however was a large chunk of Iceland chocolate cake with cold chocolate sauce and had a very bland slice of New york cheesecake. To be honest we've eaten better at your 2 for 1 public houses. The sleep was broken as we both felt the bed seemed rather hard but we got some sleep at least. The breakfast however was great the service was fantastic and the welcome made us both feel special. All in all location was a bit in the middle between offices and a few bars and restaurants and the itv and bbc studios, room very overpriced and crammed, staff polite and courteous.

• Stayed July 2014
Louise J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your constructive feedback for which I am investigating the details you mention.

I hope this will not dissuade you from staying with us and the brand in the future and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Berkshire
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Keeping it simple the hotel is well run, decent food, great staff...slight niggle is parking but on a summers day that is not a problem. take a brolly if it rains though!

With the world cup on they ran a promo on beer which was considerate and generally speaking the attention was top notch

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

It is always great to hear that our guests have had an enjoyable time with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I was on a business trip to manchester and this hotel was booked for me by an admin. It's the first time I have been here and whilst the location is still being developed, what a great location!

Car parking is in the adjacent multi-story carpark and whilst you pay for this you can them claim the money back from the hotel.

The room was clean and comfortable, with quality fixtures and fittings, my only niggle was that the TV was on the small side and had cables on-show. Because its close to the BBC and ITV studies the hotel has a movie theme which was nice.

I ate in the resteraunt at the hotel that night and had a decent enough meal for a business trip and the price was fairly good too. In the morning I had breakfast via room servce and it was more than I could eat.

The best part of the hotel is the lcoation as you are 2 minutes walk away from the BBC and ITV media city development with resteraunts, bars, a museum and even a shopping outlet. The buildings are specatcular and a photographers dream and there is a tram stop that takes you all the way into the heart of the city.

There is also an upmarket supermarket next door to the hotel so you don't have to buy their food.

If I were visiting Manchester for a weekend then I'd thoroughly reccomend staying here, lots to do and within easy reach of the city centre. You might even get lucky as I did and see them filming in the BBC Blue Peter Garden!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay.

I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope that we will see you back at the hotel again soon

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here for three nights on business, then extended my stay for an extra night so I could see friends in Manchester the next day. In doing that, discovered room only is great value, but breakfast costs the best part of £15. If you're spending your own money, you don't need to pay that - there are several food places seconds away which will give you an almost identical breakfast for about half the price.

Room itself was great, big and well-equipped with a good desk. One of the best Holiday Inns I've stayed in. All the staff were brilliant - friendly and helpful. I walk with a stick and they all spontaneously offered to help without being patronising, a combination which is very rare.

My complaint is that the bath was really short. I always use a bath rather than a shower and am used to them being quite small in hotel rooms. But I am 5'6 and was struggling to lie flat, which is a bit silly. I had a twin room for single occupancy and, for the first two nights, thought I only had one big bath towel and a tiny hand towel. Subsequently find another big towel in the wardrobe.

I used the laundry service, it was great. I ate in the bar a couple of times when I had been working late and the food was pretty average and pretty expensive for what you got. Service was great though. £3 for a small bottle of sparkling water from the minibar does seem quite excessive, even at hotel prices. There is a deli type place next door which sells sparkling water for 60p. I recommend stocking up!

But overall the rooms were lovely, the staff were lovely, and the service was great.

Room Tip: If you think you're short of towels, look in the wardrobe: the spare ones are in there...!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Wilma1977
Louise J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Wilma1977,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding the staff and service you received following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK.

I will investigate the points you have made regarding both the bath in your room and food service.

Once again thank you for the comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

What a great hotel... Staff members were very friendly, we had a clean and quiet room with a beautiful view, beds were comfortable, the hotel is in a great location, and they serve a brilliant breakfast... What else do you need?
For £95 a night you get a lot more than what you paid for!
Can't wait to come back here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelReviewer1983
Louise J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Eladamir1984,

Thank you for your great comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very nice hotel, good location, all staff incredibly friendly and polite. Rooms spacious, lovely big bed and very very clean and well equipped. Little bit disappointed that we had booked an executive room that was meant to be equipped with Robes and slippers, which were not supplied and we had to ask for them, only to find they did not have any slippers.

Food in the bar expensive and only average, but don't worry, head right when out of the hotel and on the quays there are a few pubs and restaurant to choose from.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Stephen C,

Thank you for your great comments.

Apologises about the executive rooms, I will pass your comments onto our housekeeping department.

Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

After reading the reviews i decided to stay here.

Parking is easy and next door and £7.50 per 24 hours which is half price. Check in was quick. Had a room on the top floor (16th) which had a nice view. All modern and tea/coffee facilities. Used the bar with had tv's. Booths is next door which is like a waitrose for snacks etc. Breakfast on the Mezz floor was excellent and ordered scrammed eggs.

Was a 15 min drive from Manchester city centre. All in All 10 out of 10.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Foxholes26
Foxholes26,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Louise
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
The Lowry Hotel
The Lowry Hotel
#3 of 20 in Salford
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,426 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK? Share your experiences!