“2nd Visit & will return again and again!”

Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Decided to have a night in the city (or just outside) Choose this MediaCityUK hotel as we have stayed there before last year. Wanted a quite night away from home on a Saturday night and got what we wished for yet again. Fab location - 15-20 minutes away from Manchester city centre by tram. Tram stop minutes walk from hotel. Restaurants/shops and entertainment all around the hotel what you could wish for. Clean and modern hotel. Arrived around 3.30pm on Saturday afternoon for check in, as before friendly, chatty, fast check in. Booked an Exec room with breakfast on floor 16 of hotel. (£105) great value for money and worth every penny. Allocated room 1629 - beautiful room at end of corridor. Quietest nights sleep ever in a hotel, fab! Used bar after an evening out for night cap drinks, real friendly service. Breakfast next morning again friendly service, wide choice, hot food and drink and in beautiful surroundings. Check out as expected was excellent and of course able to leave our baggage till late afternoon at hotel till our return journey home! Well done to all the staff at the Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK for the wonderful service offered to us. (Ladies on reception/bar staff and morning restaurant staff) Thank you and we will be back!

Room Tip: Exec room on floor 16
2  Thank davide79_12
Louise J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

davide 79_12,

Thank you for your great comments regarding the staff and hotel following your recent visit,

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Louise

Write a ReviewReviews (1,177)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here Saturday 12th July for 1 night with my girlfriend. A friend who works for Intercontinental hotels managed to get me a discount so I only paid £30 for the room. When we arrived, I was told I had an executive room on the top floor! Check in was quick and easy and the staff were helpful. Everything in the lobby was spotless.

Our room was extremely smart, very clean and had all the facilities we would need. The bed was very comfortable, with the option for different pillow firmness. There was a good view over Manchester. As we were on the top floor it was extremely quiet and didn't hear any noise from neighbouring rooms.

The media city complex is very smart with several bars/restaurants. My only gripe is that the multi-storey car park is a little way from the hotel, and is chargeable at £7.50 for 24 hours. But this didn't take away from the pleasant stay we had. Thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank miggimoo

miggimoo,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay at Holiday Inn Manchester Media CityUK.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Fabulous rooms with lovely views over the quays and city. Excellent breakfast and nothing was too much trouble for the staff accommodating us with my disabled mother they went out of their way to ensure we had rooms with interlocking doors and a disability bathroom in one fantastic

Room Tip: We had 3 rooms all fantastic
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Flo D

Flo D,

I will pass your positive comments on to the staff.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Good sized room; desk; plenty of sockets for laptop, iPad, phones, etc; comfortable bed, choice of soft or firm pillows; spotlessly clean bathroom with good shower. But that's not what it's all about. This was my third visit in a year, and I'm greeted by name by Rini on reception, by James in the bar, by Zoe who makes sure my glass is never empty, and by Brenda who delivers my lunchtime sandwich and fries. What can I say? When I arrived on the Metrolink tram at MediaCityUK (15 minutes from Piccadilly mainline station - £2.80) it felt like coming home. I'll be back soon.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Louise J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and I have passed on your comments to all our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

With thanks and kind regards

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Excellent value business type hotel with a staff that actually seemed to care about what they were doing. Good sized room with a neat desk for working. As part of the BBC / ITV complex it might not seem the ideal place for a Manchester break but as it is so convenient for the Lowry, Old Trafford and only 15 minutes from the city centre it is ideal.

2  Thank stewartscotland1151

Good Morning

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

I was really pleased to see that you had a great time at the hotel. Our team strive to ensure guests are happy and it is great to see this happening

We look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was in Manchester for business for a few days. I had been staying in London hotels for a week prior, so that may create a little contrast bias, but this hotel was excellent and reminded me of a nice business hotel in the States. Spacious room, comfy bed and excellent location. The restaurants around the location were good and there were lots of folks out and about on a summer evening. All around an excellent experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael J
Louise J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Good Afternoon

It is always a pleasure to read that our guests have enjoyed their stays at the hotel.

Thank you for providing us with this feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I booked an executive double room for £144 for one night for myself and my wife expecting to have a swish room with the promised waterfront view. Instead we got a normal sized room on the 16th floor facing a building site and what I believe to be student apartments. The main difference I could see between the standard double room and the executive was the office desk and two small bottles of water and one snack chocolate bar which was gratis. Unfortunately the promise of two bath robes was half filled I.e. One bath robe (not that we would have used them but a promise is a promise). We were advised by the friendly receptionist that rather than eat at the hotel there was a nice outdoor restaurant with a large screen to view the tennis or football unfortunately this was busy with 20 something young adults drinking the night away. After a small walk we decided to eat at the hotel. We chose the basic horseshoe gammon and chips for our main a nice light meal as it turned out the gammon was very small and the chips were more like potatoes wedges. Then for desert my wife really fancied the chocolate cake with hot chocolate sauce, what she received however was a large chunk of Iceland chocolate cake with cold chocolate sauce and had a very bland slice of New york cheesecake. To be honest we've eaten better at your 2 for 1 public houses. The sleep was broken as we both felt the bed seemed rather hard but we got some sleep at least. The breakfast however was great the service was fantastic and the welcome made us both feel special. All in all location was a bit in the middle between offices and a few bars and restaurants and the itv and bbc studios, room very overpriced and crammed, staff polite and courteous.

• Stayed: July 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your constructive feedback for which I am investigating the details you mention.

I hope this will not dissuade you from staying with us and the brand in the future and we look forward to seeing you again soon