“I enjoyed an excellent nights sleep”

Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed here a few weeks ago and was very pleasantly surprised by the lovely architecture all around and still being built. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. However getting into the bed with the duvet cover being tucked in at the bottom of the bed. I found it difficult to release it so that I had a duvet up to my chin and not just up to my waist. Having said that the bed was very comfortable and I enjoyed an excellent nights sleep.
My companion and I eat in the restaurant the first night of our stay and were disappointed by the menu on offer. Very few vegetarian dishes and the pasta mushroom dish ordered had very little sauce. I ordered the brambly apple pie which I thought was blackberry and apple pie...it turned out to be Bramley apple pie. There were several spelling mistakes on the menu which staff were aware but nothing was being done about it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Louise J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Wragby219,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Manchester Media CityUK.

We are in the process of reviewing the food offering at the hotel. I am glad that you had a great nights sleep and will pass your comments onto the housekeeper with reference to the duvet.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here at the end of June on business.

The rooms are of a good size with all of the usual amenities. There are plenty of electrical sockets, which makes a change! The room and bathroom were spotless.

Reception staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. Bar area was great, friendly staff and quick service.

Lots of choice at breakfast and very helpful staff. I had a very sore throat and a member is staff brought me hot honey and lemon without me asking, nice touch.

Can't recommend this hotel enough, will definitely be back

Stayed: June 2014

Engadine,

Thank you for your great comments about the staff and hotel following your recent stay at the hotel.

I hope you are feeling better now.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Decided to have a night in the city (or just outside) Choose this MediaCityUK hotel as we have stayed there before last year. Wanted a quite night away from home on a Saturday night and got what we wished for yet again. Fab location - 15-20 minutes away from Manchester city centre by tram. Tram stop minutes walk from hotel. Restaurants/shops and entertainment all around the hotel what you could wish for. Clean and modern hotel. Arrived around 3.30pm on Saturday afternoon for check in, as before friendly, chatty, fast check in. Booked an Exec room with breakfast on floor 16 of hotel. (£105) great value for money and worth every penny. Allocated room 1629 - beautiful room at end of corridor. Quietest nights sleep ever in a hotel, fab! Used bar after an evening out for night cap drinks, real friendly service. Breakfast next morning again friendly service, wide choice, hot food and drink and in beautiful surroundings. Check out as expected was excellent and of course able to leave our baggage till late afternoon at hotel till our return journey home! Well done to all the staff at the Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK for the wonderful service offered to us. (Ladies on reception/bar staff and morning restaurant staff) Thank you and we will be back!

Room Tip: Exec room on floor 16
2  Thank davide79_12

davide 79_12,

Thank you for your great comments regarding the staff and hotel following your recent visit,

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here Saturday 12th July for 1 night with my girlfriend. A friend who works for Intercontinental hotels managed to get me a discount so I only paid £30 for the room. When we arrived, I was told I had an executive room on the top floor! Check in was quick and easy and the staff were helpful. Everything in the lobby was spotless.

Our room was extremely smart, very clean and had all the facilities we would need. The bed was very comfortable, with the option for different pillow firmness. There was a good view over Manchester. As we were on the top floor it was extremely quiet and didn't hear any noise from neighbouring rooms.

The media city complex is very smart with several bars/restaurants. My only gripe is that the multi-storey car park is a little way from the hotel, and is chargeable at £7.50 for 24 hours. But this didn't take away from the pleasant stay we had. Thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank miggimoo

miggimoo,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay at Holiday Inn Manchester Media CityUK.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Fabulous rooms with lovely views over the quays and city. Excellent breakfast and nothing was too much trouble for the staff accommodating us with my disabled mother they went out of their way to ensure we had rooms with interlocking doors and a disability bathroom in one fantastic

Room Tip: We had 3 rooms all fantastic
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Flo D

Flo D,

I will pass your positive comments on to the staff.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Good sized room; desk; plenty of sockets for laptop, iPad, phones, etc; comfortable bed, choice of soft or firm pillows; spotlessly clean bathroom with good shower. But that's not what it's all about. This was my third visit in a year, and I'm greeted by name by Rini on reception, by James in the bar, by Zoe who makes sure my glass is never empty, and by Brenda who delivers my lunchtime sandwich and fries. What can I say? When I arrived on the Metrolink tram at MediaCityUK (15 minutes from Piccadilly mainline station - £2.80) it felt like coming home. I'll be back soon.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Louise J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and I have passed on your comments to all our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

With thanks and kind regards

Clare Price
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Excellent value business type hotel with a staff that actually seemed to care about what they were doing. Good sized room with a neat desk for working. As part of the BBC / ITV complex it might not seem the ideal place for a Manchester break but as it is so convenient for the Lowry, Old Trafford and only 15 minutes from the city centre it is ideal.

2  Thank stewartscotland1151

Good Morning

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

I was really pleased to see that you had a great time at the hotel. Our team strive to ensure guests are happy and it is great to see this happening

We look forward to seeing you soon

With thanks

Clare Price
Guest Service Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Hotel Football Old Trafford
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
Copthorne Hotel Manchester

Been to Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK? Share your experiences!