“Best of the budget hotels”

Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Best of the budget hotels”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I find Travelodge's and Premier Inn's a bit boring and basic, and as it was my birthday I wanted to go for something a bit less bog standard, so we went with Holiday Inn for the first time. It's in a great location for exploring the quays and the hotel feels very new. I had a bit of a bad experience with booking as my credit card got charged twice, but Holiday Inn rectified this by upgrading us to what they kept referring to as the 'top suite', which was excellent. The bathroom was nice and modern and the room included a couple of free bottles of water and some chocolate, and freebies are always appreciated! The only issue we experienced was arriving on time for check in at 2pm but having to wait an hour to get in the room. After complaining, Holiday Inn have offered us a complimentary night's bed and breakfast, which is good!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Louise J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Lucy O

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback, regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK.

It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome whilst staying with us; therefore I am delighted that you did enjoy your stay.

I thank you for your communications and I do hope that your experience within the Holiday Inn brand allows you to stay with us in the near future.

Tanya Lewis
Frotn Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Felbridge
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I always stay here as it is reliably good. Easy parking, clean spacious rooms, inclusive wi-fi, Booths shop next door, Metrolink on the door step next to the BBC studios - it is just great. Nice and clean with friendly staff - i don't bother to look else where any more.

recommended.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dk1981felbridge
Louise J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear dk1981felbridge

It is always our intention to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome whilst staying with us; therefore I am delighted that you enjoy the experience.

I thank you for your communications and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Mnay thanks

Tanya
Manchester
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Fab hotel, well positioned, nice clean large airy room, beautiful bathroom and toiletries and nice comfy bar for pre dinner drinks. The view from our 16th floor room was amazing at night.

The reception staff are so helpful from using the lift (yes we struggled!!) to accurate directions to our dinner reservation across the water.

Really lovely, good value for money and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high up as possible - fab night views.
Dear Sunandmoon10

With Kind Regards

Tanya Lewis
Front Office Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The rooms were lovely but the service my family and myself received was appalling.

I had specifically chosen that hotel for the night previous to my graduation because of its proximity to the Lowry Theatre and the range of languages spoken advertised on their website.

I had my mother and aunt coming over from Spain for my graduation, none of them speak English, yet they are both fluent in Spanish and French.

On arrival I enquired about Spanish speaking personnel to help my family check out on the day of my graduation, the answer from the gentleman at the reception desk was "Oh I'm sure we'll have a Brazilian guy on tomorrow, that is the same, isn't it?".

The morning after, I had to leave for my graduation an hour before my family to collect my invitations and gown. As I checked out of my room I once again informed the reception desk about my family's situation and I was told not to worry about it.

I had arranged to meet my family at 9.30 am outside the Lowry Theatre to hand the tickets over, by 9.45 they were still being kept by the reception desk because NO ONE could speak Spanish nor French, nor tried to communicate with them. The staff rudeness did not only upset my family but it nearly jeopardised my graduation day as they came very close to miss the ceremony.

I chose that hotel to make such a special day even more special and make it easier for both my family and myself to get to my graduation ceremony, instead we had a rather unpleasant experience that added more stress to an already stressful day.

I also find highly amusing the fact that Holiday Inn has refused to publish my review on their website because they have deemed it "irrelevant or containing inappropriate content".

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sara R
Louise J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Sara R,

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience that was encountered at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK. It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome whilst staying with us; therefore I am disappointed that this did not occur.

I thank you for bringing this matter to my attention for which I will take appropriate action.

Please can you contact me on ljones@peel.co.uk so we can discuss the matter further.

Kind Regards

Sutton in Ashfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed for one night after going to old Trafford to watch the match , nice welcome very friendly Reception staff .Room very nice & clean, very spacious & comfortable we were on the 16th floor.views were stunning great location breakfast also lovely staff were very nice. Car park was close by and at £7 for 24hrs was very cheap as we had a discount from the hotel . the mini bar was a little expensive but didn't use it anyway. In all a lovely hotel :) :)

Room Tip: 16th floor executive suite very quiet
1 Thank Jackie A
Louise J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Jackie A,

Thank you for your five star review following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here for my partners 40th for one night while we went to the man united stadium tour.
The room was very clean and comfortable with plenty of space. There is free wifi once signed up and reception were very informative although when we requested more sugar for the room they said they would have some sent up but it never arrived. Having said this I had a balloon spray sent to the hotel prior to our arrival and they had it put in the room for when we went in. With the BOOTHS shop next door you can get whatever groceries you need. Car parking is a short stroll away and discounted rates to guests and the metro link is less than a 5 minute walk away to take you into manchester. The views over the quays were stunning, just a shame the rooms themselves don't overlook completely. The breakfast was lovely too, we didn't eat in the restaurant as there is a pizza express and bella italia next to the lowry, a lovely walk to it on a nice evening. All in all a lovely hotel and great location, looking forward to returning.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Louise J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Sharon H,

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Northumberland
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed for one night when visiting the city for a friend's birthday. Opted for MediaCity for cost reasons and wasn't disappointed.
Reception staff were efficient and friendly at check in, room was spacious, clean, comfortable and modern with a fantastic view. We had breakfast included in our room price and found it to be tasty with a large variety of options. Possibly wouldn't have paid extra for it had it not been included.
Car park next to the hotel was convenient and at £7 for 24hrs, much much cheaper than city centre.
Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

misspink34,

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Louise
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Hotel Football Old Trafford
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
The Lowry Hotel
The Lowry Hotel
#3 of 20 in Salford
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays

Been to Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK? Share your experiences!