“new hotel, good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK

Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Northallerton, United Kingdom
“new hotel, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel for just one night and and found the room clean with everything you need, bathroom a little cramped but they did manage to squeeze a bath in with over shower, great nights sleep and a very good breakfast buffet, staff were good and always responded positively to any requests, the tram is great, its cheap and goes right into the city, give it a go and save on parking and hassle, top tip, we actually dined at the Damson in Media City that evening, which is just round the corner, the girl gave us a parking ticket to exit the multi-storey, guess what it actually worked so we never paid for parking even though the hotel do offer discounts, so we got the evening and all the next day while in Manchester shopping! We would stay here again, it is a very new up and coming area with very good access and very clean!

Room Tip: Park up and, use the tram and go exploring!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Louise J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear B10bla

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback, regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK.

It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome whilst staying with us; therefore I am delighted that you did enjoy your stay.

With Kind Regards
Tanya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Brigg, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

A modern hotel in an excellent location with great staff, but the air-sealed rooms made us feel unwell. The hotel is on floors 7 up to 16, so only stay here if you like being up high.
Pros:
Excellent location for Central Manchester and Salford Quays
Next to the tram stop to Piccadilly and the Centre. (trams run very regularly)
Friendly and helpful staff provide very good service.
Our room was spacious and mostly clean.
Modern fittings
Goos shower in a wet room.
Good breakfast
Great views over Manchester
Very close to the Lowry and theatres
A good range of restaurants and coffee shops nearby
Supermarket next door
Free 20 min parking outside the hotel
Parking available at a £7.50 a day rate (£7 at weekends)
Hair dryer and ironing board in the room
Desk with light included in our room
Plenty of power sockets
Fee wifi but you need to register each device.
Good fire precautions including a sprnkler system
Good value for this class of hotel in Manchester.
Effective blackout curtains
Reasonably good security in place - key card to operate the lift and stair doors, safe in room.
Chain on the door.
Good accessible access for disabilities.

Cons:
No way of opening any window - you depend entirely on the air conditioning. This made us feel unwell.
Continuous noise from the air conditioning.
We were charged much more than the advertised rate for one night of our stay.
Computerised mini-bar means you can't chill anything of your own.
Very limitied hanging or shelf space for clothes.
Parking on the expensive side and especially if you want to take your car out during the day.
Carpet not cleaned in our room - visible hairs from previous occupants.
The curtain in our room was coming off the track.
We had an accessible room, which also served as a family room, but it was the furthest room from the lift. We were offered a room as an alternative, which was next to the lift, but we thought this would be too noisy.

Room Tip: All the rooms are air-sealed. The accessible room we had was also used as a family room as it was la...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Louise J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Daer John P

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your detailed feedback, regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK.

I thank you for your communications and I do hope that your experience within the Holiday Inn brand allows you to stay with us in the near future. Should you wish to contact me regarding the less favourable aspects of your stay then please feel free to do so.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed in the hotel for two nights and cannot find anything negative to say. The room was large, bathroom very clean and staff attentive. Plenty of choice for breakfast and good quality. A minute walk to the tram and very close to The Lowry and Old Trafford. Will definitely stay here on next visit to Manchester.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Daer Carshth

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for one night on Saturday 23rd August, check in was quick but I found the receptionist a bit... Snooty. Nothing too bad though! We were given room 1131 and it was Huge! Very nice, clean and well presented. The view from the 11th floor was amazing and the room had a huge window spanning the whole width of one wall. The bathroom was a good size everything worked and really no problems at all. We had a double bed, an arm chair, and a desk and desk chair. The room was warm but we had air conditioning. Free wifi was also a positive.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Lil

With Kind Regards
Pwllheli, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my mother over the weekend and had a lovely time. No complaints about cleanliness or comfort (apart from the pillows which were a bit hard). Towels were huge and thick, bathroom lovely and modern, room spacey with everything you need in it. We were on the 9th floor which made me personally a little lightheaded but no problems with lifts etc.

Breakfast is pricey at £12 but choice was really good and staff were fantastic. If you need a cheaper choice Harvesters nearby prepare breakfast for under £5.

Car parking was reduced to £14 as we received a discount from the hotel for a 42 hour stay but extra to what we'd budgeted for.

The hotel is in easy walking distance of The Lowry and Outlet and has a tram stop just outside which cost £3 return into Manchester, much cheaper than parking.

A really pleasant and comfortable stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Louise J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Iona G

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stay here regularly on business.
The rooms are always of a good size and are always clean and well presented. The beds are comfortable and I have never bad an issue with noise.
I am gluten intolerant so finding eating here a struggle so I tend to eat elsewhere, they do however offer fruit, yoghurt and gluten free bread at breakfast.
Not had time to use the other amenities thus far.

Room Tip: Higher floor room for views
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Chellelle

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I find Travelodge's and Premier Inn's a bit boring and basic, and as it was my birthday I wanted to go for something a bit less bog standard, so we went with Holiday Inn for the first time. It's in a great location for exploring the quays and the hotel feels very new. I had a bit of a bad experience with booking as my credit card got charged twice, but Holiday Inn rectified this by upgrading us to what they kept referring to as the 'top suite', which was excellent. The bathroom was nice and modern and the room included a couple of free bottles of water and some chocolate, and freebies are always appreciated! The only issue we experienced was arriving on time for check in at 2pm but having to wait an hour to get in the room. After complaining, Holiday Inn have offered us a complimentary night's bed and breakfast, which is good!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Louise J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Lucy O

Tanya Lewis
Frotn Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
Hotel Football Old Trafford

Been to Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK? Share your experiences!