Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
1,131 results
All reviewsold traffordbeansmedia cityhi expressthe sofa bedfree breakfastcity centreice machinethe lowry outlet mallself serviceshort walktram stopcar parkthe imperial war museumman utdhotel is in a great locationyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The hotel is in a good location for the Trafford Centre, Manchester City Centre and especially Old Trafford. There are shops and restaurants a short walk away and a stroll along the waterfront is lovely. The only thing that let the hotel down were the staff. None of them seemed overally bothered about helping out with anything and looked like they didn't want to be there. The rooms were clean and basic (take your own towels as the ones the provide are tiny) and did the job. Breakfast was ok, they had hot and cold food but the area was small and the tables hadn't been cleaned at any of them when we sat down. Parking wasn't an issue as there was plenty of it. All in all I would stay here again as once your checked in you don't need to talk to the staff unless you really have to.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Mark T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Thank you for your recent comments concerning our Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays.

Our Guest Services Team strives to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay and I am sorry to read that you feel that our Guest Services Team did not look interested in you our customers during your stay, something I wish to assure you that we strive to ensure the customer service that we provide is one of the best, please rest assure your comments have been feed back to our team, and we will ensure that this situation does not happen again in the future.

May I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Manchester.

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We went for a short break to watch the football and visit the Trafford Centre. We had not seen the Salford Quays before but were very surprised. It was a lovely area with pubs and shops and the walk around the quays was lovely. The metro is close by - walkable and the Lowry Centre is 2 minutes away
The hotel was very convenient and easy to find and our room had a great view. The rooms were clean and comfortable
The only downside is really the breakfast as some of the crockery and cutlery were not as clean as they could be and the food was a little dried out. However as we only paid £60 for the room we were happy with that

Room Tip: If you don't mind heights go for a higher room as the views are great
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Mark T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent review concerning our Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays Hotel.
We are delighted to hear that your stay met with your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards

Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express with my husband to see the Man U vs. Everton match. Where do I begin? We arrived mid afternoon after a long coach ride and went to shower the travel feeling off only to find there were no face cloths. My husband rang to ask for face cloths only to find that they don't provide them, which I thought was weird because even if I had brought a loofa I wouldn't be scrubbing my face with it. Also needed the complimentary toothbrushes because we'd forgotten them, rang down again they said someone misplaced the box so they'll have to look for them. Also needed an iron to press out some wrinkles in a dress of mine and my husband's chinos. My husband had to go down stairs because there was no one to bring it up, even though there were three people down at the desk when we checked in about 15 min previously. My husband came back upstairs and I had to iron our clothes very awkwardly on the desk because there was no ironing board.

We went out for some dinner and a walkabout and came back 5 hours after asking for toothbrushes they still had none. The woman at the counter said someone from another Holiday Inn must have come and taken the box. What I didn't (and still don't) understand is why, if we could see and could have walked to the nearest Holiday Inn, and if the woman couldn't leave the desk (there were only two manning the reception), why they didn't phone the nearest Holiday Inn?? We suggested this and they said they would try but heard no word back and never received toothbrushes. I don't know if the people running the place don't realise that hospitality is a SERVICE industry and when your staff are unable to think outside the box, be proactive to meet the needs of the customer it's unacceptable in my opinion. She suggested we walk over to Tesco to buy toothbrushes. I don't consider myself to be cheap but if we already paid for a room and the complimentary things that should be in it why are we walking to Tesco to spend money on things that we pretty much have already paid for? Plus the bed was uncomfortable, my back is sore because of it and there was no difference between the "soft" and "firm" pillows. There were some stains on the bed linen, the duvets seemed too small for the bed and had to keep stealing them from my husband. When you sat down on the toilet you could see that underneath the sink the wall was broken. Seriously??

The complimentary breakfast was ok. I am not really a sausage and eggs person so I just had cereal, fruit and a croissant which were all nice. The buffet area was a one way cramped system, not really ideal when you're holding cups of hot drinks trying to manouver around people without scalding them or yourself. I felt truly sorry for the woman who was replenishing the breakfast area because it seemed she had to do that as well as clean the tables. She looked like she was being run ragged. What a woeful experience.

The woman at reception mentioned they were operating at full capacity when we stayed and it did not seem like there was enough staff there to cope with it. It isn't rocket science, when the hotel is fully packed, why not put more staff on? I'm sure there are people out there in dire need of job...

Also I'm kicking myself that I didn't take a photo of the stains or under the sink.

Room Tip: Avoid like the plague.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are sorry to read that your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays, did not meet with your expectations.

Firstly I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused you throughout your stay, and I would like to address these issues with you.

As you can appreciate the hotel was extremely busy over the period that you stayed as I can see you have noted in your review was a Manchester United Home game, the situation regarding Iron and Iron Board facilities is a complimentary one, and I have checked with the staff on duty during the home game as to why we couldn’t fulfil your request. During the home game dates, the demand for Iron & Ironing boards was higher than is usually expected.

Concerning face clothes within our bathrooms, this is something that as being a part of the Holiday Inn Express Brand is something that we do not currently do however, I can appreciate that as a guest you would expect this item to be present in your bathroom – I have made our Head Office aware of this and they will ensure that during a brand review with our parent company Intercontinental Hotels they are made aware that as a customer you do feel these should be present.

During any guests stay we appreciate that things can be forgotten at home, and hence we do have complimentary items for guest to use these being Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Combs, sewing kits etc. Toothbrushes are something that we do have a large stock of at all times. The service we do provide our customers is the utmost of importance to us, and I can understand your frustrations at being directed to a local convenience store to source this item. I have spoken to the entire team concerning this and that I can assure you that this would not happen again in the future.

Being part of the Intercontinental Hotel group we do have certain brand standards which we have to abide by and as you have commented concerning our Bedrooms I would like to assure you that this type of feedback is always appreciated to ensure that we can deliver to a better standard in the future. Your comments concerning the mattresses and also the pillows have been passed on to our service delivery team and I can confirm this will be acted upon. The hotel within the past 12 months has been a part of a refurbishment of mattresses and pillows and I am sorry if the new items had not reached your expectations on this occasion.

As I have previously stated we welcome any feedback positive and negative as without this feedback we cannot improve our services to you our guests in the future.
I hope that in the future that you will continue to use the Holiday Inn Express brand, and should you wish to stay with us in Manchester again I would ask that you contact me directly at the hotel to ensure that you next stay would meet your expectations of the brand and the hotel.

I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel management and hotel team for your feeling of not meeting the expectations that you expected.

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed on a Sunday night with two adults and a four year old in a family room which, as previous reviews have mentioned, means it is a little cramped with the bed settee out but adequate. Excellent television and everything else in the room is as you would expect for a Holiday Inn Express. We didnt sleep particular well but i think it was a combination of pillows, mattress and duvet too small but again could be personal preference issue rather than complaint. The breakfast is a little hectic and struggled for a table but found one in adjacent bar which was fine, content offered was adequate but usual economy sausages and didnt bother with scrambled eggs as a little unappetising, possibly made from dried egg mix i would say.
Wifi, usual personal bug bear of mine, why o why do you hotels insist on charging for a service which should be as standard as a TV and free regardless of offering free in reception/foyer/bar - make it free across the hotel and in the bedrooms where your guests want it, I know the cost is relatively insignificant in the scheme of things and certainly does not cost the sky high charges you try for and it is 2012!
Overall, we were visiting the Lowry so the location is second to none, room and breakfast adequate if not memorable and free WiFi in the room would have sealed the deal.

Room Tip: quayside would be recommended
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Mark T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

From your comments I can see that you stayed in one of our Double Standard Rooms with Sofa bed, which as you say doubles to be one of our Family Rooms (Max Occ. 2adults & 2 Children), I am glad to read that even though you felt this was a little “cramped” you still found the facilities of your room to be the standard that you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express Hotel.

Due to our location being so close to Manchester United Football Club and also the City Centre, makes our hotel a busy one over the weekends especially. The standards within our Breakfast Great Room are made on a brand standard of which we are proud of the service that we provide.

Your comments concerning our WIFI Access is something that as hotels within the area always charge for the full service, at Holiday Inn Express we pride ourselves on offering a Free Wifi Service to all guests which is provided within our Great Room, however your comments concerning the “Full Use” of WIFI throughout the property have been noted and we will endeavour to ensure your comments are passed on to relevant department to act upon.

I am happy to read that you did enjoy the hotel and it’s location due to you visiting the Lowry, and hope that you will consider staying with us again when visiting Manchester.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and also your comments.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night on the 11 th of April, I had requested a low floor near the lift as my friend and I are both disabled, when we arrived at the hotel the receptionist changed our room to a second floor one with a shower which was good for both m and my friend, the staff could not do enough for us, beakfast was free and very good, we were offered help to get our breakfast as it was self service, I would reccomend this hotel to any one who is disabled, the view over the quay is lovely

Room Tip: ask for a low floor overlooking the quay
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and that our Guest Services Team were able to satisfy your room requirements on arrival.

Our Guest Services Team strives to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay and from your comments I can see our team excelled in making you feel welcome and comfortable.
Breakfast is a main priority for us at the Holiday Inn Express, and we are grateful for your positive comments concerning our complimentary Express Breakfast.