We recently stayed at this Holiday Inn for one night with my U.S. in-laws whom we had brought over to get a taste of the atmosphere at Old Trafford.
The only hiccup was when we arrived at 8 am after having taken the overnight ferry from Belfast to Liverpool and had to wait over five hours before we could check in. I completely understand that check-in is not normally until 2pm but I had called the hotel beforehand and they had promised they would do their best to accommodate us and hopefully provide us with at least one room so we could all take a shower and get a little bit of rest after spending the night on a rough ferry crossing. In the event, no room appeared to be available until after 1 pm.
In the hotel's defence, however, I must state that staff tried to be as accommodating as possible allowing us to help ourselves at the breakfast buffet and providing us with a free Wifi password while we were waiting. Once we got our room keys we were delighted to find that we had been put into adjacent rooms on the top floor with lovely views of Old Trafford. The rooms were perfectly adequate and clean and once we had had the badly craved shower, life was a better place again! We did not hear any other guests during our stay and got a good night's sleep.
The hotel is in a great location and in walking distance to the Lowry theatre, outlet mall, Media City and, of course, the "Theatre of Dreams"! The breakfast buffet was fine and well stocked. When checking out the next day, I wanted to pay for our parking space but was told that the fee would be waived as we had been so patient waiting for our rooms when we arrived. The gesture was appreciated and I would certainly consider staying at this hotel again when making our next match trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays. This Manchester hotel is located in thriving Salford Quays, surrounded by the water & history of the Manchester Ship Canal & within 1 mile of Manchester United Football Club (Old Trafford), the Lowry Theatre & the Imperial War Museum. This superb location ensures that Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays is the perfect choice whether travelling on business or pleasure. Manchester city centre is easily accessible and offers a wealth of entertainment venues and shopping including the MEN Arena and Printworks. Our hotel in Manchester is designed to provide consistent value for money & our rates are inclusive of a tasty continental and hot breakfast which is served in the comfort of our Great Room lounge where you can also enjoy free WiFi. In addition, guests also benefit from secure car parking (£4.00 per night/per car). Our air conditioned guestrooms feature an en suite power shower, 32-inch TVs with Freeview, free Wi-Fi, & tea/coffee facilities. Our family rooms can accommodate up to 2 adults & 2 children under 12. Additional hotel facilities include a fully licensed bar, meeting facilities & a 24-hour Reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays Hotel Manchester
- Holiday Inn Manchester
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays Greater Manchester