I really hate leaving bad reviews but on this occasion, I can't leave one that's other than bad.
I stayed checked in last Thursday for 3 nights, the Holiday Inn at MediaCityUK was fully booked and work booked me the next best thing. Unfortunately, it fell far short of what I expected of other HIE hotels.
The room was nice enough, very basic but I was happy with that. I was disappointed with the bathroom as it felt dirty but I didn't grumble and just cleaned it up a bit and it was ok. The bed however felt old and lumpy and had unsettled sleep on it and also the air con unit was noisy and emanated a very dry heat and air which blew down as I slept.
The breakfast itself was an absolute joke, the Friday morning was ok as I was running late and I just grabbed a slice of toast and left, but the Saturday was an absolute debacle. I have never seen so much orange juice spilt on the floor in my life, the floor was also sticky and it was a scene of chaos. There were no plates, so another customer asked for more plates. There were no glasses so I used a mug for juice as the one girl that was on duty was away looking for plates. When I went back to get a cup of tea, there were no mugs, so I had to ask the girl to get me a mug. When I went to get some breakfast, there was only bread left but no pastries like croissants. The cooked breakfast was a joke, there were sausages and scrambled eggs but the beans were empty so I waited for the beans to come out but by that time, the rest of my food was cold so I gave up. They then ran out of milk so another customer had to ask for some. It was such a disaster that I gave up and left. On Sunday morning, I woke up for breakfast and a horrible feeling of dread, so to save the hassle and chaos, myself and my colleague walked to Frankie and Bennies and paid for Breakfast, neither of us could handle the headache that was the day before.
Next time I'm up working in MediaCityUK, I'm going to recommend I'm not booked into the HIE, I think I rather stay in Manchester City Centre, or the Premier Inn nearby if I can't get in the HI. A colleague stayed at the Premier Inn and said it was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays hotel. This Manchester hotel is located in thriving Salford Quays, surrounded by the water & history of the Manchester Ship Canal & within 1 mile of Manchester United Football Club (Old Trafford), the Lowry Theatre & the Imperial War Museum. This superb location ensures that Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays is the perfect choice whether travelling on business or pleasure. Manchester city centre is easily accessible and offers a wealth of entertainment venues and shopping including the MEN Arena and Printworks. Our hotel in Manchester is designed to provide consistent value for money & our rates are inclusive of free continental and hot breakfast which is served in the comfort of our Great Room lounge where you can also enjoy free WiFi. In addition, guests also benefit from secure car parking (local charge applies £4.00 per night/per car). Our newly refurbished, air conditioned guestrooms can accommodate up to 2 adults & 2 children & feature en suite power shower, satellite TV, free Wi-Fi, & tea/coffee facilities. Additional facilities include a fully licensed bar, meeting facilities & a 24-hour reception. Wi-Fi is free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays Hotel Manchester
- Holiday Inn Manchester
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays Greater Manchester