This HI Express is fairly standard. The most striking feature was the noise of the lift. It gave the impression of an an unsmooth ride thought in fact it wasn't. The life doors were rather slow to open and close.
The wifi was also rather slow but it was included in the room charge. It was a bit annoying to be asked to enter not just a code number but my name and address each time I logged on.
The room was fairly basic. No drawers or cupboards, just open shelves. But there was a sofa bed as well as a cushioned chair for comfortable sitting.
Teabags are in a sealed packet and I had a little difficulty breaking in without a sharp implement!
The selection of Freeview TV channels was not bad. Power sockets were few and not ideally located.
The bathroom was fine for the price but do not expect a really hot shower!
When my alarm failed on the first morning I was saved by the noise of a truck unloading outside in the car park! But it was after 8 and there was no too much noise generally. The heater/cooler is positioned just to the side and above the bed. So you may want to ensure that the fan is off when you are sleeping.
In all reasonable value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays. This Manchester hotel is located in thriving Salford Quays, surrounded by the water & history of the Manchester Ship Canal & within 1 mile of Manchester United Football Club (Old Trafford), the Lowry Theatre & the Imperial War Museum. This superb location ensures that Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays is the perfect choice whether travelling on business or pleasure. Manchester city centre is easily accessible and offers a wealth of entertainment venues and shopping including the MEN Arena and Printworks. Our hotel in Manchester is designed to provide consistent value for money & our rates are inclusive of a tasty continental and hot breakfast which is served in the comfort of our Great Room lounge where you can also enjoy free WiFi. In addition, guests also benefit from secure car parking (£4.00 per night/per car). Our air conditioned guestrooms feature an en suite power shower, 32-inch TVs with Freeview, free Wi-Fi, & tea/coffee facilities. Our family rooms can accommodate up to 2 adults & 2 children under 12. Additional hotel facilities include a fully licensed bar, meeting facilities & a 24-hour Reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays Hotel Manchester
- Holiday Inn Manchester
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays Greater Manchester