“excellent value and an attentive manager”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We spent 3 nights here during 1/2 term. Rooms were clean, and the sofa bed catered easily for our 2 boys. After a minor mix up regarding bedding, the manager, Toby, resolved the issue quickly and was super helpful for the rest of our stay. He was really helpful and an asset to the company....

Breakfast was fine, the bar area was ok, free wireless in the room was a boon, and the location was perfect. This was our first stay in a Holiday Inn Express, and we would be happy to stay again.

Room Tip: We followed any review and asked for room 222. It is right at the end of the corridor and very quiet...
Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
GM_Salford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Woodydog666,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that there was a mix up regarding the bedding in your room, however I am delighted to read that Toby was able to resolve this issue quickly and to your satisfaction.

I will personally pass your feedback on to Toby, as I know he will be delighted to find out that you were more then happy with how he dealt with the issue you faced.

I do hope that should you return to the area, we are able to serve you once more.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have tended to adopt HI Express hotels of late since my company's travel policy seems to prefer them and there are several close to client premises that I visit regularly. Of those I have stayed at in the last 6 months this is the most basic and the least welcoming. Staff were OK, but no where near as friendly or engaging as those at, say, Huntingdon; and the public areas here are pretty basic with a small bar, no restaurant and small area for breakfast. The room was OK, just not as roomy as some other HI Expresses and the bathroom was smaller and less well fitted than most seem to be. No real complaints but I won't be back any time soon!

Room Tip: Mine was at the front. No noise problems.

Dear Dwoodhead,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your thoughts surrounding your recent stay with us.

I was disappointed to read that you found the team not to be as friendly or engaging as other Holiday Inn Expresses as this is an area which is usually a particular strength of ours. I have taken your comments on board and will certainly look into the points you have raised, particulary surrounding the staffing and our breakfast area, as we always look for ways in which we can improve our offering.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night. I would never stay there again! The staff seen pleasant enough. The hotel is clean enough. The bed we had was uncomfortable, uneven and planted downward and the sheets were itchy. So much so they left me and my partner with a rash! The bathroom was very clean and nice. It's definitely not a hotel to enjoy spending the night -it's somewhere you would use if you had little choice and just needed a place to sleep n that's it.
The breakfast - even though it was free was atrocious! We went down at 9am on a Saturday and the place was like a bomb site! Every single table was dirty and full of dirty dishes. We cleared our own table and found a spray to clear off the crumbs and bean juice from the previous occupants. The buffet was bare. No cups. No plates. No cold food. No
Milk. No fruit juice. No staff! There was a member of staff that appeared after 20mins and she was on her own and had to try n sort it all out! when we eventually got some tea and toast and sat down after being barged into and pushed past was the hoards of parents with feral children - running around sticking fingers in all the food! We noticed another staff member trying to tidy up the mess on his own! 2 staff for breakfast on a Saturday morning is ridiculous! They had to deal with such a mess and so many moaning people it was unreal! Fair play to them they remained professional.
We then checked out and noticed the wheel trims had been stolen off the car!!
So I'm summary - I would not recommended this to anyone - unless I had a strong dislike for them

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Stuffnthingsuk,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your feedback.

I was disappointed to read your comments and the experience you had during your recent stay with us and I would like to apologise as it appears that we have not lived up to our usually high standards on this occassion.

I will certainly share your comments with the team so that we can look to improve the service that we provide our guests as we always aim to be the best.

I would once again like to thank you for sharing with us your feedback and I do hope that should you return to the area, we are able to serve you once more and show that the experience that you had is not the norm.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Hotel rooms are a good size, clean although are a bit basic, no drawers. Staff are friendly. There is a dining room for breakfast. For evening you can get a pizza or pre packed sandwiches or call a take away, hotel has a choice of menus.

Room Tip: Good for a night or two if you are okay with having a basic hotel. There are restaurants within 5 m...

Dear Norma B,

Thank you very much for your review and for sharing with us your feedback of your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you found the staff to be friendly and I will cetainly share your comments with the team.

I do hope that if you come back to the area, we are able to serve you once more.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Friendly staff, minimal quality in the room but clean.

Didn't drive so can't comment on the parking.

A short walk from the Metro tram stop but a dark road, wouldn't recommend it for a lone female.

All the people complaining about the hotel after a long coach journey from a Kent could always spend their Saturday afternoons at The Valley..

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
GM_Salford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear John G,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay with us, and sharing with us your feedback. I am pleased you highlighted the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of our rooms, and I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the team.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Rooms at this hotel are lovely. The breakfast however was very poor. The choice from beans, scrambled egg and sausage and cold cereals! Not like any other hotel I've been too and they offer a full English. Also cost me £4.50 for 2 bottled water and chocolate bar would of rather drank tap water.

• Stayed: February 2014
GM_Salford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear xoSarahLouise

Thank you very much for sharing with us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was siappointed to read that you found our breakgast to be of a poor standard. As a Holiday Inn Express our breakfast conists of 3 hot items- Sausage, Scrambled Egg and Baked Beans as well as numerous continental items such as Muller Yoghurts, Kellogs Cereals, Cheese and Croissants.

I was very pleased however to see that you described our rooms as lovely, and that you scored us highly for cleanliness, service, value and location.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I booked this hotel simply due to the availability and cost of hotels on the night.

Parking is free for hotel guests.

Reception was quick and easy and the staff could offer local information - I really needed a photo for ID purposes and they could easily direct me to local places.

The bedrooms are all the same, either double or twins - we were situated on the 6th floor overlooking the water.

For a budget hotel the room is well equipped - most budget hotels don't have hair dryer/ phones in the room where this hotel did. The only part that shocked me was I had to go to reception myself to sign for an iron/ironing board as they would not bring them to the rooms.

Typically budget hotels have a horrible shower room and toilet, however I was reasonably surprised with ours.

The only part that disappointed me was breakfast - There is a small savory selection of toast/croissants and the hot selection included beans and sausages.

From a part to improve for the hotel - certainly breakfast!

Dear Mike_Sam09

Thank you very much for sharing with us your experience from your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you found our staff to be helpful in directing you to a suitable location to get your ID photos.

I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy our Complimentary Breakfast, and I will certainly share your feedback regarding this matter as it is an area which we are constantly trying to improve. We do try to offer as wide a selection as possible and being a Holiday Inn Express this does mean that we serve 3 hot items- Sausage, Scrambled Egg and Baked beans, alongside a wide selection of continental items such as Kellogs Cereals, Muller Yoghurts, Croissants, Toast, Fresh Fruit, Grapefruit, Cheese, Breadrolls and Toast.

I do hope that should you come back to the area, then we are able to serve you once more.

David

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
Hotel Football Old Trafford
Copthorne Hotel Manchester

Been to Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays? Share your experiences!