“Great Value Bed & Breakfast for trip to Old Trafford”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I booked this hotel as I was going to a match in Old Trafford. We arrived before check-in and they put our luggage in storage and also allowing us to check-in early to get changed before we went to the match. The stadium is only a few minutes walk away which made it ideal and it is very easy to get to from the city centre on the tram. Free WiFi was a big plus as was the breakfast the next morning. Looking forward to staying there again soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank bjharpur
DGM_Salford, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your comments. It’s great to hear you had a great stay. We are in fanatic location which I’m pleased you took full advantage of. Did you have a room with a view of Old Trafford? If not on your next visit let us know before your next visit and we will do our best to sort that for you.
I look forward to seeing you again soon as the football season is just around the corner!

Kind Regards

Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is the second HI Express I have frequented in the last month (see review of Kettering). It ranks behind the former, but only just. Consistent standards make this group easy to use and the location of this establishment gives it added attraction. The Quays is on the river and offers a broad range of eating and entertainment options, without being so close as to experience the hustle, bustle and noise that usually accompanies those advantages. It is also a short cab ride from the Piccadilly train station that serves airport commuters. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The bathroom up to standard with good-sized towels and the breakfast is great. I found the staff efficient more than friendly and repeat my dislike of liquid soap dispensers in favour of a solid piece of soap.
There were two glitches of maintenance - a bin whose foot pedal did not open the lid and an ice machine near reception that was out of service, but the ice problem was accommodated with supplies from the bar and I was only there one night so left the bin issue behind on the comment card. As with all the HIE hotels, free WiFi is available throughout.
Convenient and good value are enough reasons to go back. Next time I'm in Manchester, I probably will.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I’m pleased you had a good stay here and our enjoying the ‘Express Brand’ remember that we offer our best rates on our website.
I’m sorry about the maintenance issues but thank you for bringing them to our attention – both of which have now been resolved.
I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Arrived at this beautiful location on the 21st of July after cycling from Holiday Inn Express Stoke-On-Trent.

The location is fantastic and the staff are very friendly. Our bikes were stored in the back office so we had peace of mind that they were in a safe place over night. The rooms are super clean and the breakfast is just what we needed. WIFI is free and local bars and food outlets near by.

will be stopping here again as its a great location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for great feedback. I’m pleased you had a good stay. Although I’m surprised you had time to see the local bars and food outlets after cycling from Stoke! I hope you arrived in Leeds safely.
I look forward to seeing you on your next trip/cycle to Manchester!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had booked a room for our return from holiday as we live in Scotland and didn't want to drive after a long journey from Thassos . And we were glad we did as we were met with a warm welcome at reception and were quickly in our room, which we found to be more than adequate.

After 2 weeks of trying to sleep on a very hard bed, it was a godsend to find that the bed & pillows were very comfortable. And after a good nights sleep and feeling refreshed we enjoyed a good breakfast with a good selection of hot and cold dishes to choose from.

Throughout our stay we found all the staff to be friendly and helpful and would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a comfortable stay in manchester,

We booked a saver rate at £44 for two adults and a child and think this was very good value.
In fact we shall be booking again for our next trip from Manchester airport.

Well done to all the staff !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
DGM_Salford, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments. It’s great to hear you had an enjoyable stay and took advantage of our ‘Saver Rate’ which like all of our rates at Holiday Inn Express includes our ‘Express Start Breakfast’
Im glad to hear you will be staying again; I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Good value weekend visit, rooms clean as as expected for HIE offering. Problem with air-con was fixed promptly with a free drink to compensate. Good brekkie as always.

Hotel is located in Salford Quays. Options for eating a few minutes walk away at Media City. Great location for War Museum and Old Trafford a stones throw away. Metrolink nearby and 15mins to City Centre.

On check in staff need to ask for IHG rewards number and also be careful not to be overheard chatting. Whilst I overheard a comment about 'fawlty towers' and found this funny, other guests are not going to!

Hotel does exactly what HIE chain sets out to do and good visit.

Ask for a dock view, otherwise it's the car-park (but you can see old Trafford)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
DGM_Salford, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for talking the time to leave your comments, Its great to hear that you took full advantage of our very competitive prices and our fantastic location.
Thank you for telling us about the problem with the air-con unit, we will do whatever we can to make any issue right. I'm pleased you were satisfied on how this was handled.
We are defiantly not 'faulty towers' - I will be investigating the 'chatting' in more detail.
Once again thank you for your comments, I look forward to seeing you at the hotel again soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Dear all travellers, families and graduation parties. Please be advised if you have the misfortune to be located on the 6th or top floor you will hear the rooftop mechanical plant / chillers and air handling units all through the night. I am a heavy sleeper and this noise kept me awake all night. Whilst we were relocated at 3am the damage and total loss of sleep had been done. If you have a graduation or function or business mtg to attend stay away from everything to do at level 6. Terrible.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew O

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback and comments.

At Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays it's important that we not only know when things have gone right and a guest has had a good stay, but also when things sadly don’t meet our normally high standards.

I am sorry that you encountered noise issues. Our team have passed on comments in relation to this and we have worked on its resolution.

Regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed for 1 night on Sat 12 July. Check-in was quick & easy & staff friendly. Twin room on 6th floor, small but clean with everything you need. Shower not the best, not very powerful & quite cold. We were out all day, got back about 1.00 am, the bar seemed busy but we went straight to bed. Could not sleep though as lots of noise in the corridor, lots of banging on doors & slamming doors. After half hour of this I phoned down to reception & they sent somebody up to check. Reception then phoned me to say they could not see anybody. After about an hour we finally hog to sleep. At breakfast the reception staff apologised for the noise, although it was not their fault. They said there were 2 hen parties on our floor so a tip, try not to stay on the 6th floor if u want a quiet night. I guess the twin rooms are on 6th floor so u will get same sex groups up there. Could not fault breakfast and staff so will return, but not on 6th floor!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments. I'm pleased that your check-in, bedroom and our breakfast (which is included for all guests) was to your satisfaction.
I'm sorry to hear about the disturbance during the night and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We were talking about this and have a new in place on allocating rooms to hopefully stop this happening in the future.
Thanks again, I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Manchester.

Deputy General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
Copthorne Hotel Manchester
Hotel Football Old Trafford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays? Share your experiences!