Copthorne Hotel Manchester
US$99
US$80
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
Novotel Manchester West(Worsley)(Great Value!)
US$81
PremierInn.com
US$97
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays(Salford)(Great Value!)
US$46
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
1,675 results
All reviewsbit datedexchange quaycity centretram stopmedia citycentral manchesterfull englishstayed here for one nightlowry theatrequaysclippercanal
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I was a bit worried having read some of the reviews but for a one night stop it was fine. Stayed mid Jan in a twin room, location great for the tram and Old Trafford.

We arrived on a Man Utd home game day, so after being 'checked into' the car park as non gate crashers we proceeded into the modern reception area. Surprisingly, we were the only one's in the queue....hooray! However, and despite this good fortune, the Receptionist (small blonde lady) ignored us and continued to chat with a colleague behind the counter for about a minute. She was very abrupt and we were not welcomed to the hotel, or offered a newspaper for the morning or if we would like Wifi in our room. Basic stuff really and I don't like being ignored...I am the customer after all. The person on the front desk is the representative for the hotel and Company, so they should be the best.

That was really the only grumble of our stay. Our twin room was clean but outdated in appearance. Beds very comfy, tea and coffee available. The bar area was busy with Utd fans and beer was around £4 a pint. Breakfast was plentiful and the staff in the restaurant were really nice and friendly, a real credit...maybe they should be Receptionists! Check out was slick and pleasant and we were wished a safe journey...different lady obviously.

Overall a good stay let down by disinterested receptionist on arrival. Would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Arrived at the hotel at midday , was offered the room straight away. Room was tired, but i was not expecting much for the money i had paid. Breakfast was a fair selection. Staff were polite and friendly.
Location was good with free parking ,only a short ride on the tram.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2014

There is a reason a hotel costs £32 a night.... The walls/ceilings are paper thing. I could here the movement of most rooms a round me. I could hear people peeing, showering, and the 6am drilling just about finished me off. I don't mind a retro hotel room, however the noise was rather painful if you are a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel if you are a light sleeper...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank redandbrown
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Six of us stayed for the weekend at the Copthorne Hotel in Salford Quays and found the hotel located superbly for the Lowry Theatre and Manchester City Centre. We were allocated rooms next to each other which was useful and found them to be comfortable with lots of room. The breakfast was delicious, hot and plentiful. All the staff in the hotel where friendly, professional and extremely helpful.

Room Tip: The quayside rooms offer an excellent view over Clipper Quay.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed for 1 night and the hotel was adequate for my requirements. Service by FOH and room service delivery was excellent. Food was good, no complaints. It looks as thoughb the rooms have been kept to a good standard but it does feel dated and it need of some new furniture. I use the Copthorne at Bramall Lane and as it a much newer hotel is far better by comparison. However, I would stay at the Salford hotel again for business.

Room Tip: Ask for acroom dacing the Quays. My view was the hotel car park and a main road!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business