Copthorne Hotel Manchester
US$248
US$243
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Novotel Manchester West(Worsley)(Great Value!)
US$90
Priceline
US$97
PremierInn.com
1,656 results
All reviewsbit datedexchange quaycity centretram stopmedia citycentral manchesterfull englishstayed here for one nightlowry theatrequaysclippercanal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Apologies for the delay in this Review. As someone who spends a lot of time in hotels due to work I did have some high expectations when staying somewhere especially when it comes to Copthorne’s & Millennium hotels having lived in one for 14 months.

I have to say I found the entire experience again excellent. It was not the first time I had stayed at this Copthorne and they deliver every time. Right form the off with bookings and Gareth in reservations was friendly and made it very simple and straight forward.

The service levels are great with reception always willing to offer help and anything to help make the stay more enjoyable. The F&B staff were also quite helpful and made good recommendations for food which I took them up on.

The hotel is very clean and ideally located for the football however seems a little out the way for other things. This is combatted however with tram links a mere few minute’s walk away and 10 minutes in the car can have you right in the heart of Manchester.

The rooms are great and the Suites are fantastic. The beds seem like a super kingsize yet they do not drown the room with plenty of space in them. I was thoroughly impressed the first time I stayed in them and this was not lost on me returning.

Room Tip: Suites All The Way
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here in room 341 from June 25 th as my wife,s son was getting married in Manchester , the staff were rude , the duty manager was useless , room had no tea , milk etc , saw there was a bike ride on Sunday 29 th small sign in lift saying road would be closed from 7.00 am and no exit till 6 pm asked staff they new nothing of it had to show them a sign they said they would find out an hour later was told that was correct , asked 4 times for tea stuff for room , on the Friday at 8 am there was drilling when we phoned got told I was hearing things as no workmen were on site till after 8.30 but wud send a manager up , when she came up again she told my wife she was hearing things and no workmen were in hotel , I didn't believe her asked her to go upstairs to next floor she eventually agreed and when we got up stairs there were 3 workmen working they let me in one room to show it was just painting but another room wouldn't let me in even though sum thing was plugged in hallway and cable went in to room , workmen were rude as well shouting I was hearing things , explained to duty manager about bike race she promised to sort everything out and get back to me ASAP still waiting , we decided to check out a day early as we were heading to Cornwall and didn't want to be stuck in hotel alday Sunday , , plenty of hotels in Manchester give this one a miss , food not that good either £12 for a breakfast , also one last thing if your disabled like me the staff and contractors park in the disabled bays .

Room Tip: Holiday inn , premier inn , travelodge , and ibis all close stay in one of them
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel initially as it was cheaper that Travelodge or Premier Inn. However suited our needs perfectly. Great being on the quay plenty of restaurants nearby. However I booked the restaurant package for our first night. Have to say the food was brilliant and the Spanish waitress was lovely. Didn't book breakfast as wouldn't have eaten enough to make it worthwhile. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed for one night with friends (which was enough). The hotel is allegedly a 4*- I don't think so. It is incredibly shabby, tired, dated.....it is desperately in need of some attention. The staff appear to try to compensate for some of these shortcomings, but if we had travelled on our own we wouldn't have stayed for the one night and would have found somewhere else to stay. The previous negative reviews say it all- torn carpets, chipped and damaged furniture, old and saggy bed you can't avoid rolling into the centre etc. The one plus was the water pressure in the shower. Breakfast was acceptable - the usual buffet selection that wasn't particularly hot but sort of adequate.
Look elsewhere- I would have preferred a travel lodge/ premier inn, as their standards are much better than this fairly dilapidated establishment. I am shocked that the Millennium group put their name such a poor quality hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tomboy11
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We visited this hotel in June 2014. The rooms were clean, spacious and quiet. The 'Do Not Disturb' sign was acknowledged, and they even came later in the afternoon to change the bedding and towels once we had gone out. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and had a large variety to suit any palette, from cereal, croissants, toast, yoghurts, fruit or a full English, as much or as little as you would like. The hotel is in a wonderful situation, especially if visiting Old Trafford Football Stadium, which is just a short walk. It is also only a short walk to the tram stop (approx 50 metres) which you can catch to gain access to Manchester City Centre for around £3, or a taxi would take you to the city centre (which the hotel reception will call for you) for around £8. The gotel bar also serves very late (until around 3a.m) so if you fancy a tipple after your day out you can. The hotel also offers 24 hour light snacks from room service from as little as £7, with a £3 call-out charge.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends