1,814 results
All reviews bit dated exchange quay free parking city centre tram stop media city buffet style central manchester full english stayed here for one night lowry theatre quays clipper canal
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed for one night, free parking onsite, and straight forward check in. Hotel and room seemed decent, we didn’t really use facitlities just a room to shower, change and sleep in. Not much around in way of bars or restaurants which was a shame. Can’t fault the hotel at all for our stay.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ClareP1042, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review after your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope that you will stay with us again on your return to Manchester.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have just looked through other people’s reviews before posting this - as I’m not usually someone who posts bad reviews - however like many others on trip advisor i thought I’d make an exception!!!!

Parked at the hotel as I was meeting someone before a Manchester United game - on entry I asked if I needed to enter my card details. The answer was “no when you leave is fine”

Post game I go to the reception as I’m leaving to pay for parking. The receptionist asks what time I arrived - I said “sorry I don’t know the exact time”
She said this isn’t a problem - I will sort it. She asked for my car reg - entered into the system and then said that’s £9. I paid and left.
A week later I receive a fine for £100 in the post for parking (the £9 apparently wasn’t enough and it should’ve been £12)

We call the hotel, we are answered by a rude manager who laughs down the phone at us and puts the phone down. We call her back immediately after to be told she has left.
So we go to the hotel to try and talk more sense - to be greeted by a second, equally rude, manager. He tells us that we are lying. I told him to check the cctv - they have the time I left - and you will see that your employee entered the reg and times into the system not me. I paid what I was told.
Again, more rudeness, and he walked off. I told them we would be contesting legally.

As an aside, the place itself is rough as toast, outdated and the service is garbage. Other than that - worth a stay......

Trip type: Travelled solo
ClareP1042, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear propertyinvestortour,

Thank you for taking the time to write of your experiences on this review website. Naturally we are very disappointed that you have elected to express your views on this platform.

As I explained in detail when we met, I am of the absolute belief that my fully trained staff members acted in accordance with our known procedures that we employ each and every day. As I explained during our meeting, the onus rests with the person utilising our parking to establish the time that they elect to use the facility and as per the numerous signs in the area, arrange payment for the appropriate time period via cash, card or by mobile phone.

I am saddened that I was unable to provide you with a fully satisfactory resolution and trust that you will contact me via the hotel if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I will be travelling to this area for business significantly more over the next 12 months so this was my first visit to the Copthorne. Reception was brief but pleasant and I was directed to the lift and given a room overlooking the water, the view was perfect. No one asked if I’d booked breakfast, nor was it offered which I thought was a bit strange?

The room itself was in desperate need of a makeover, it was very 1980s America in feel, the cupboard which the tv was was on was scratched and the door to the fridge was hanging off BUT there was a fridge and that was most welcome. I only had one wonky bedside light and all in all the room just didn’t meet the needs of the modern traveller, not enough power sockets or in awkward places. The vents by the window were dropping off and the bathroom was super retro - wow! The Mira shower looked like It belonged in a museum BUT it worked well and was hot and plentiful. All of the Plastic items were a faded yellow colour.

So once I’d got over my surroundings - wish I’d bought my shoulder pads! The bed was comfortable and I was surprised to see the tv had a chrome cast, a nice modern touch. It was such a warm day that the room was hot so I slept with the windows open, best nights sleep I’ve ever had on a business trip.

So to summarise, the poor hotel room needed some love, modernising, yellowing plastic fans removing from rooms and quite simply some money spending on it. It’s a fabulous hotel in a great location so dated furniture and fixtures are really letting it down. That said, it met my needs and provided all I needed from it. With competition from Marriott across the road, it would be a shame not to try and compete to the same standard.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Hunnibee14,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a delightfully detailed response after your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have taken note of your comments on our current need to refresh certain aspects of our decor and furnishings. As a company we fully understand the need to modernise, particularly in comparison to some our local new-build competitors. We are currently in the final phases of initiating a number of replacement programs which will definitely address all of the areas you have mentioned as well as our entire public area on the ground floor. I have no doubt that all of our valued guests will soon be experiencing these positive changes as the next year progresses.

We hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Manchester.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were due to stay here for 4 nights but left early.
The setting and local area is fantastic.

On our second day someone took it upon themselves to go through all of our belongings and recent shopping.
Nothing was missing but the feeling that some has been through your personal belongs is not a pleasant one.

At reception they were more concerned to inform me that I wasn’t entitled to a refund and totally unhelpful.

This hotel spoilt a trip to a lovely city.
If you value your possessions, stay elsewhere!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ClareP1042, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 14nD,

Thank you for your review of our hotel after your recent stay. We are very disappointed to see from your scoring and feedback that we did not meet your expectations.

Please accept my apology for your concerns with the impression that "someone went through your belongings". As my Duty manager assured you on the day of your departure, I would like to reiterate that our staff are extensively trained and supervised in their servicing of occupied rooms unless the DND sign is placed and in this case, as part of daily servicing, they merely neatened up the room which included the re-positioning of some of your belongings. Naturally I trust you will understand that this would not have constituted grounds for a refund.

I hope that on a future visit you will consider staying with us again when we will be able to better meet your expectations.

Reviewed 13 February 2019 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night and I have to commend the staff for their excellent customer service. Everyone we met was cheery, friendly and went out of their way to accommodate us.
However, a 4 star hotel is a serious over estimation of this hotels facilities. The communal areas and the bar are small for the size of the hotel, there is very little seating in the lobby but the small bar and large resturant are lovely. Great views over the quays.
I know other posters have made reference to the out dated decorate on the rooms and I fully agree it’s time for a lick of paint and some new furniture. The curtains are flowery, the bathroom from the late 80’s and the table and chairs have seen better days. The bed was very comfortable and the shower had great power. Neither of these make up for the fact that the hotel aren’t afraid to charge 4 star prices for 2 star accommodation. This was the only part of my stay that annoyed me. I am more than happy to pay for good facilities but it really is seriously over priced. Management need to listen to their customers and realise that until they refurbish, they have got to bring their prices in line.
A part from that, it was a lovely relaxing hotel. Food was fabulous both for an evening meal and for breakfast. And the staff really did make it enjoyable. Thank you for great customer service...now go get that refurb started.

Date of stay: February 2019
ClareP1042, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2019

Dear cmcn2011,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a delightfully balanced review after your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are delighted that you clearly enjoyed your stay.

I am so pleased to read your wonderful comments on our staff of whom we are so proud. Ultimately, it is our team who provide the "heart of hospitality" to our guests.

We trust that you will stay with us again on your return to Manchester and that you will also see our ongoing refurbishments that we are busy finalising and intending to roll out during the course of this year.