I stayed here one night, from 17th to 18th July, 2013. According to a site which offers lower prices for last-minute bookings, I understood I had got a bargain at GBP 49, but I see that there are offers of as little as GBP 21 available on the hotel site. The hotel is situated in an ugly and featureless area right next to a busy commuter road. You can reach it by taking the no. 33 bus for GBP 2.10 from Piccadilly park, which is about ten minutes' walk from Piccadilly station, or by taxi - about GBP 6. The receptionists were most friendly and helpful. My room, no. 310, was on the second floor, and there was no lift - but the receptionist, a young lady, offered to carry my case up for me, which I gladly accepted. The room was clean, pleasant, spacious and functional. It was a very hot day in the current heat wave. The window was ajar to let in some fresh air, but there was a mechanism to stop it being opened properly. After returning from a visit to Manchester in the evening, I had the choice between leaving the window a little open for some fresh air but being disturbed all night by the continuous stream of loud traffic in the road right next to the hotel, or closing the window and turning the room into a sauna, because there was no air-conditioning. I opted for the second and, with the addition of ear plugs, eventually fell asleep bathed in sweat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you come for business or to watch a football game or visit the Granada Studios, 2-star CAMPANILE HOTEL-RESTAURANT MANCHESTER– Salford has everything • Reception open 24 hours (night porter) • Free outdoor parking • Handicapped facilities • Restaurant capacity: 80 people • 2 conference rooms (Capacity: 50 people) • Conference room equipped with WIFI connection, easel board, video projector (paid rental), TV, DVD player, etc... • Bar • Terrace • Infant cots available, upon request on reservation • Free WIFI access (ask Reception for information) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Louvre hotels, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Campanile Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Campanile Manchester Salford, Greater Manchester
- Campanile Manchester Hotel Salford