Stayed here the night before going to the cricket at Old Trafford. The location is fine, no complaints there; 15 minute walk to Deansgate and I guess a little bit further to get to the centre of Manchester. The hotel itself is located next to an outdoor shopping centre which has quite a big Sainsbury’s, TK Maxx, Rymans and various other similar things. Across the road is a McDonald’s which is handy for breakfast considering the hotel charge £8 for theirs.
The hotel is quite basic, the rooms are outdated and old but clean, when you are in the corridor you can here people’s conversations they are having in their room. I’d say if you are sharing a room with people there is a distinct lack of plugs; you can’t even unplug the kettle or TV because they are wired into the wall, there are 2 plugs in the whole room and one is just dangling in midair. The hotel boasts free wifi and free parking.
Didn’t use the bar or restaurant, so can’t comment but I did notice all the meals cost the same price of £8.95.
If this were an option again for a visit to Manchester I’d probably try another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you come for business or to watch a football game or visit the Granada Studios, 2-star CAMPANILE HOTEL-RESTAURANT MANCHESTER– Salford has everything • Reception open 24 hours (night porter) • Free outdoor parking • Handicapped facilities • Restaurant capacity: 80 people • 2 conference rooms (Capacity: 50 people) • Conference room equipped with WIFI connection, easel board, video projector (paid rental), TV, DVD player, etc... • Bar • Terrace • Infant cots available, upon request on reservation • Free WIFI access (ask Reception for information) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Louvre hotels, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Campanile Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Campanile Manchester Salford, Greater Manchester
- Campanile Manchester Hotel Salford