“Average hotel at a good price”

Campanile Manchester
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Salford
“Average hotel at a good price”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed at the campanile hotel for two nights as we had bought justin timberlake tickets at the MEN arena( phones 4 u). Location was good just outside the city centre but was only a ten min walk away. Also a short taxi journey to the arena. There is also a KFC and macdonalds accross the road so that was a bonus!! We paid 40 a night which was quite cheap as other similar hotels were More expensive. Hotel was clean staff were friendly and the hotel had ample parking which was also gated at night. This is not the Hilton but a good option for anybody wanting to pay budget prices for a couple of nights.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jaseuk1983
CampanileMan, General Manager at Campanile Manchester, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Jaseuk1983,

Thank you for completing a review on our Hotel, I hope you enjoyed the concert and am glad to hear that the free secure parking was useful for your trip.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Craig H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
ireland
Reviewed 31 March 2014

my wife and I stayed here for two nights as part of a trip to manchester for a football match and for that it was fine. the location is good with easy access to city center and old trafford by foot.The room we stayed in was very small and cramped, facilities in the room were poor, kettle didnt work properly only two towels neither of which could be considered as bath towels and as we were there for two nights we had to use wet towels on the second day and on the morning we checked out as there was no way to dry them. the room was however clean the bed was comfortable and warm and we had no issues with noise despite it being busy,, the bar was fine and drink prices good, the
breakfast on the sat morn was chaotic no clean tables. there was a shortage of everything kept running out of cutlery, bowels. mugs bread in fact it was just a mess didnt get breakfast i ordered but the food itself was ok. on the sunday we came down earlier and it was a lot better if you just want somewhere to get your head down for a night or two you could do worse and i would stay again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Comward,

Thanks for the review, thank you for saying you would stay again although I understand there were aspects of your stay that you were unhappy with, I will endeavor to ensure these are remedied in time for your next visit.

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I was disappointed
I had stayed at a Campanile in Birmingham with a friend and it was fine. When I had to book a hotel for a business trip, thought this would be OK.
I arrived and had to stand at reception for some time waiting for a member of staff to spot me as they were all serving at the adjoining bar. The bar was very full and noisy. When someone did see me I was given my key and my room number stated out loud in earshot of the bar. I was quite shocked by this. I have stayed in a lot of hotels on business and have always had my room number written down for security as a single woman travelling alone.
The key was virtually thrown at me and I was given no information about breakfast or meals, just told where my room was and left standing.
I really did not fancy going into the bar for food and so ended up visiting the neighbouring Sainsburys for food.
When I got to the room, there were what looked like blood splashes on the bathroom wall. At that point I decided to cancel my second night.I slept with a chair against the door as I felt quite unsafe
My company rep complained and got a refund.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Germslayer,

Thank you for the review, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us & as you have mentioned I spoke to a colleague and happily refunded the stay for you.

Thanks to your feedback we completed refresher training for the reception team regarding checking in female guests.

Craig H

Travellers are raving about these Salford hotels

Greenhithe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

i decided to stay here as it was a good cheap deal. The staff were very helpful and the hotel was nice enough for the price with wifi included in the room price. Add the breakfast with your booking its a bargain.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Good Afternoon xxamukxx,

Thank you for the review, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the feedback.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Booked hotel for a night away but didn't even stay the night. I know its a budget hotel but the standards are absolutely terrible. The first thing we noticed in the room was the dried blood spots on bedside table, what a lovely start! We had no milk in the room, the general cleanliness of the room was non-existant. We were allocated an interconnecting room and all you could here were the noisy neighbours banging and shouting. Before even unpacking our bags, we decided to leave and take a loss on our payment.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tom,

I am sorry to hear that your room was not to standard & understand that you did not wish to stay in this room, we pride ourselves on our cleanliness so if this has failed on this occasion I can only apologize. Had you notified the reception desk the Duty Manager would have gladly endeavored to rectify the situation for you and would have found a suitable alternative room.

Thanks for taking the time to review.

Denbigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed for 2 nights sat / sun room was very clean and tidy with coffee/tea facilites hair dryer , towels clean bedding staff were very friendly. Food was expensive so we walked over the road to,Sainsbury's for breakfast which was half the price of the hotel and was very nice you could walk into town or get a taxi would stay here again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nerys43
Dear Nerys43,

Thank you for taking the time to review, I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel.

The team & I look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future

Plymouth
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Booked this hotel for three nights but had to check out after only one due to noise from other guests. From midnight to about 5am we had running up and down corridors banging on doors, shouting, screaming, partying, police called. Had no sleep whatsoever, standard room was very poor, not very clean, small and dingy. This is more a youth hostel than a hotel. Do not stay here if you want to sleep.
To be fair to the reception staff they did apologise next day and did not charge me for that night.

Room Tip: choose another hotel unless you are 18 to 21 and dont need sleep.