The Lowry Hotel
US$94
AC Hotels
US$96
  • Restaurant
Novotel Manchester West(Worsley)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$63
Trip.com
US$98
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays(Salford)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$95
US$101
2,857 results
All reviewswalk in wardrobeafternoon teaturn down serviceriver viewfive star hotelcar parkrooms are largebirthday treathuge bedfloor to ceiling windowsfantastic hotelsuperior roommini barcity centrefantastic staybar and restaurantbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We were very taken aback on check in when we were asked for a card for extras and said we would pay as we ordered anything, to then be told housekeeping would have to clear the mini bar. The clear implication being we would make off without paying. I was astounded and offended. There is no kettle or iron on the room. No complimentary water (£3 for a small boulle of water from the mini bar if they have not cleared it!). The so called city view is in fact a car park. This is not 5* by any means. Our room is large but the carpet has a burn in it ( room 302) and is quite stained. The Lowry is not a patch on The Midland which is preferred Manchester Hotel which also has a pool. it is souless and I could not recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011
5  Thank Penny.M
PeterKienast, General Manager at The Lowry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2011

Dear Guest, I am sincerely sorry that you have left our hotel disappointed with your stay. Your comments have been shared with my team and we will review them internally. I am sorry that we may not have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. With kind regards, Peter Kienast – General Manager

Reviewed 20 September 2011

I stayed here for three nights as part of a company sales conference, and it was absolutely fantastic.

When you arrive at the hotel, I have to say there is nothing special about it, but when you step through the doors you realise that it has promise, the reception area is huge! You can see that they have not crammed rooms etc into every possible space and this continues all the way up to the floors containing the guest rooms, the hallways are massive, and the rooms themselves are very spacious.

On top of this the service from the moment you are greeted in reception to your last step out of the hotel is fantastic, and it’s not the ‘forced’ type of service, the staff certainly give you the impression they want to help and provide you with a great stay because they are happy to, and not because it keeps them in a job or avoids them being ticked off by their managers!

Positives:

The staff in every department were polite, speedy, and could not do enough for you.

Immaculately clean throughout.

Food was fantastic at breakfast, lunch and dinner (this was especially impressive for dinner, as they had to cater for around 60 people, this is normally a problem for most hotels)

Space, space and more space.

Working and warm shower (the number of times you actually do not get the basics like this in some hotels is amazing)

Decor was very tasteful

Layout of hotel (this may seem simple, but it was perfect, lifts zipped you up and down, and you did not have to walk through reception to get to where you were going for example)

Negatives:

No biscuits or the like in your room!

Overall – It may sound like I am over hyping this hotel, and have been to kind, but that’s because I do love this hotel, and it deserves everything I have said about it as they really have earnt it. It’s just a pity that other hotels in the UK are not of the same standard and I can’t always stay at the Lowry!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
PeterKienast, General Manager at The Lowry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of your stay. We are very conscious that some of our guests will travel widely with their companies so we try to create a home from home service. At the end of a hard days work we know you need a hot shower, comforting food and warm smile to keep you going. Maybe you’ll choose to come and visit for a leisure stay when you are able to relax and enjoy our surroundings a little more. It will be a great pleasure to welcome you back. With kind regards, Peter Kienast - General Manager

Reviewed 20 September 2011

Location - really nice surroundings with the river and nice bridge in it's backyard. Deansgate is a stones throw away which is fantastic for restaurants etc....The place is easy to find too.

Staff - everyone was very friendly and helpful. Especially the concierge. A big thank you to him.

Gym - We used the gym which had everything i needed in terms of cardio and they also supplied free water and apples. The machines were great with built a in T.v.

Room - The room was great, very clean and modern with a large bed. It was very comfortable and spacious.

Thank you for a great stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I was delighted to read about your recent experience. Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad that you enjoyed our location, it is indeed a very peaceful setting here whilst being minutes away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre. I will share your praise with my team and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. With kind regards, Peter Kienast - General Manager

Reviewed 20 September 2011

I stayed here for my 30th birthday and the hotel was amazing! The rooms were spacious and luxurious and the bed was so comfy. The hotel was nice and quiet so very relaxing.
The reception staff were very helpful and friendly and made you feel welcome.
I would definately recommend it and can't wait to stay again, it is worth the 5 stars it has and is a very special hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted you chose to celebrate your birthday with us. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back for next years celebrations. We have a wide range of packages throughout the year to cover all occasions. With kind regards, Peter Kienast - General Manager

Reviewed 18 September 2011

My mother and I were taking my son up to Manchester University to settle him in. It was also my mother’s birthday in the month so we decided to celebrate and stay somewhere special. I read the notes on Trip Adviser and I have to agree with all of the positives notes.

The staff were warm and welcoming and treated my mother and I with kindness and grace (we both looked like tramps after installing my son at University with so much to do during the day)

A good bottle of champers was chilled in the room with a lovely birthday card for my mother which was a lovely touch. The rooms are spacious, modern, clean and lush.

The only slightly negative point would have to be the Hotel Restaurant which was very expensive. Don’t get me wrong…the food was fine but for the price I would have expected excellent…. don’t let this put you off the Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind comments and for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Manchester. I am very happy to hear you received a warm welcome from my team, and that your Mother enjoyed her birthday present. I hope you will choose to stay with us next time you come to see your Son. With kind regards, Peter Kienast - General Manager