The Lowry Hotel
US$66
US$140
US$86
US$72
Novotel Manchester West(Worsley)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$73
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays(Salford)(Great Value!)
US$45
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
2,888 results
All reviewswalk in wardrobeafternoon teaturn down serviceriver viewfive star hotelcar parkrooms are largebirthday treathuge bedfloor to ceiling windowsfantastic hotelsuperior roommini barcity centrefantastic staybar and restaurantbars and restaurants
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Great location right in the centre of Manchester with a secure car park, so you can leave your car and walk everywhere. We stayed for three nights and were given a fantastic rate, the third night was free! so we had excellent service, marvellous food at a really good price! the breakfast is really good, not just traditional english but eggs benedict, french toast, american pancakes as well as omlettes and all the continental selections. My daughter can't eat bread and for once had a choice of breakfast items! We had dinner one night and were shown a very reasonable set menu - three courses for about £20 I think, but we had been given a 30% discount voucher so went for the a la carte, which was superb, really beautiful food well cooked and served with great charm and respect.

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough - as long as you look for the deals you won't find better service at this price anywhere else in Manchester.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
PeterKienast, General Manager at The Lowry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience. It is great to see how much you enjoyed your extended visit to Manchester, I am pleased that we were able to make your stay comfortable and hopefully special. Please do visit again sometime soon. With kind regards, Peter Kienast General Manager

Reviewed 8 September 2012

I was told that the Lowry is one of the best hotels in Manchester, so on a recent business trip I booked our party into the hotel. To be honest I really have nothing to complain about, it’s a nice hotel, a good location, good size comfortable and stylish room with courteous staff, however there is something missing and it irritated me. I feel it’s very corporate and to be honest I think it tries too hard.

My room was very nice, design is good, but for business purposes not well thought out. I looked for a plug socket by the bed so I could plug my phone in overnight, (it doubles as my alarm clock), but there was no plug. The bedside lamps, which I would have unplugged, have a different fitting to a standard UK plug. I spent around 30 mins looking for plug sockets and initially found two. One in the dressing room area and one located near the main desk. After about another 20 mins I found that the desk actually has a removable panel and sockets located inside, however due to the restricted space you could not plug in an apple computer charger. Enough about plug sockets, even though it became a daily bug bare of mine, and source of amusement for my colleagues.

Tea and coffee – There are no facilities in the room, again an annoyance. You can request a tray. The management in one of the other reviews states that most people request this on arrival, so I wonder why it is not just provided if most people request it.

Claustrophobic: I don’t like hotels that have sealed windows; I felt hermetically sealed into the room. There are no open able windows in the rooms, just air-conditioning, which I also don’t like.
Internet: I booked a room with B&B and Internet thrown in. I am glad I did as Internet was charged at £6 per hour £15 per 24 hours or £75 per 7 nights. I really am not sure how a hotel gets away with this exorbitant price.

Sleep: The pillows are cheap and hard, I actually had four different type of pillow and all uncomfortable. Apparently one of our party called reception and asked for new pillows, they did not arrive so he called again. Once the hotel realised he was not requesting a hooker he was sent new feather pillows. I guess its a saving grace that reception didn't act on getting him a hooker, as apparently the request for pillows at a hotel is a universal signal for 'professional services'... I have to say I had never heard of that before!

Housekeeping: This is OK apart from I opened a beer on my first night, I drank about half of it and by the time I left 4 days later it was still there. I am not sure if housekeeping thought I might be saving it for later. One of my colleagues on arrival found a flapjack and strawberries on the bedside table, a nice touch you might think and momentarily I was quite jealous that I did not have one. However the flapjack was not wrapped, and 4 days later was still there along with the now moldy strawberries… Her bed also had a stain down the side that looked like a pervious occupant had had a nosebleed.

The bar and restaurant: Overall OK the staff mostly friendly, and very attentive.
The saving grace: Was actually Sandra from room service. Unlike the rest of the hotel didn’t try too hard to be trendy which mostly results in an cold aloofness, she was a lovely friendly lady who took the order, delivered it all with a smile and natural charm. Thanks Sandra.

This is not a bad hotel and I wouldn’t want anyone to think that this review is a damning one; I do think generally that its style over substance and somehow misses the mark.

Room Tip: Book bed and breakfast as internet is extortionate and breakfast is £20per head
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank KateALondon

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you have come away from the hotel with mixed feelings about your stay. We do of course try very hard, it’s what we’re here to do, our aim is to provide an attentive high standard of service but of course without being obtrusive. We are contemporary in style, our floor to ceiling windows cannot be opened for safety reasons but we find the air conditioning circulates well around our large bedrooms. We don’t keep our tea and coffee trays in our bedrooms but we are more than happy to deliver one at a moments notice with our compliments. For those guests who like to have a tray for every stay we make a note and ensure one is waiting for your arrival. We offer a wide range of pillows from our pillow menu, I am sorry that you were not able to find one that suited you. I do hope despite your few concerns you will visit us again in the future, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back. With kind regards, Peter Kienast General Manager

Reviewed 6 September 2012

The hotel is at 5 min by foot from the center, in a quiet area. It's very design, very modern but the breakfast restaurant looks old.
The rooms are spacious, clean and comfy.
The breakfast doesn't offer much choice, but they've choosed the quality instead of quantity.
Regarding what we've seen and what we've heared during our stay in Manchester, the Lowry hotel is the best place to stay!
Can't wait to go back there!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay so much. We do have a rolling refurbishment programme that ensures that we look our best at all times. We are currently designing a refurbishment for our restaurant and although we don’t have a completion date as of yet, I hope you will see the difference next time you stay. With kind regards, Peter Kienast General Manager

Reviewed 5 September 2012

One of my favourite hotels, The Lowry, is a contemporary, stylish venue with very comfy beds! This was the first time I had stayed here in four years and I was surprised to see that the rooms were starting to look a little tired. The little touches in the rooms and the size and comfort of the beds, however, made up for this and I loved my stay here.
The breakfast was good but maybe a hotel of this standard should offer more choice in the buffets.
I held a meeting here and the conference service was excellent and the meeting facilities perfect. Very attentive staff. I would recommend this for business meetings.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience. I am delighted you have returned after four years. We do have a rolling maintenance program where we commit to refurbishing 40 bedrooms per year to try to look our best at all times. I am pleased you have had a successful conference here, I very much hope we will be able to help you again in the future. With kind regards, Peter Kienast General Manager

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We use this hotel all the time, the 5 star status is well earned. Reading some of the comments with amazement on here!! This is a five star hotel so expect five star prices, although I feel they are reasonable. The breakfast is £20! So what it's Cooked to perfection and they will accommodate any requests. If you get a city view room you look over the car park, who cares, if it's a view your after try the Samling in The lakes!! the rooms are decorated with minimalistic effect and if truthful will be due a face lift but they are in fantastic condition. Here is my advise if you try a stay.
Dom, Russ and Pino who head up the concierge are the best of any hotel we have stayed at, any request will sorted. They have all the local restaurants contacts and will arrange any reservation without hassle. They will get you in when you cannot and give you some great advise about shows and attractions, They even organise my car cleaned!! Brilliant so give them a try. Reception is headed up by Rachel, one of the friendliest girls I have ever met, she looks after us throughout our stay and will help you with anything you need in the hotel, just ask. The bar staff are also friendly and accommodating making your visit very comfortable.
All in all my advise is give it a try, we have stayed in all the local top hotels in the area and trust me this is not only the best location, but they have there own car park which is safe, friendly staff and the restaurant is fantastic ! It's not the cheapest but is sure ain't the dearest but it is the best!

Room Tip: We love the rooms on the fifth and sixth floor as the views better but all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank MULCASTER2

Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind review. I will certainly share your praise with my team, thank you for mentioning them individually. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back very soon. With kind regards, Peter Kienast General Manager