The Lowry Hotel
US$147
US$143
US$98
Great 4.5/5
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays(Salford)(Great Value!)
US$62
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
US$87
US$90
2,856 results
All reviewswalk in wardrobeafternoon teaturn down serviceriver viewfive star hotelcar parkrooms are largebirthday treathuge bedfloor to ceiling windowsfantastic hotelsuperior roommini barcity centrefantastic staybar and restaurantbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times before and also visit frequently for meetings. The staff are always brilliant.

From the moment that the wonderfully cheerful man opened the door to me from the car park I felt like a valued customer.
Check in was extremely fast and well prepared and reception staff were all very pleasant and efficient.
The room was clean and comfortable.
A knock on my door and another cheery chap apologised but asked if he could check the mini-bar, all was in order but he asked if everything else was in order. I mentioned that there was a slight problem in flushing the toilet and he said he would report it for me. Within 5 minutes someone arrived to fix the toilet flush, which was repaired within about 15 minutes by yet another cheerful member of staff. Checking the bathroom afterwards and I was pleased to say that it was spotless with not a trace of "workman debris" and the flush worked properly thereafter. I don't think you can get better than that anywhere.

Meal in hotel was excellent, as was breakfast.

Checkout was quick, efficient and trouble free.

Having previously had a few issues at this hotel I was delighted that everything was just fine this time.

In my previous review I mentioned the fabulous staff and am delighted to say that they were even better this time if that was ever possible.

The staff at this hotel are a really strong plus and it is obvious that a lot of work has gone into training and the staff were apparently all paying attention.

Well done, it was a pleasure to stay at the Lowry Hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
PeterKienast, General Manager at The Lowry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave this review about your recent stay at The Lowry Hotel and may I take the time to thank you for your existing loyalty to our hotel. I am delighted that all of my team were efficient and attentive to you during your stay and that you left The Lowry Hotel with a positive impression. I am pleased that you were able to dine in The River Restaurant during your stay, our seasonal menu changes monthly and I do hope upon your next visit you will be able to enjoy our new menu. I look forward to your return in the near future, kind regards, Peter Kienast

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Have just got back from this hotel having had afternoon tea with my friend. We have experienced many afternoon tea venues in Manchester and so far tis has been our best experience. The staff are very attentive but not overbearing and extremely friendly.
The quality of the food was excellent and we were particularly impressed with the hot scones which were delivered to our table when we were ready for them. The choice of teas was amazing and we were not confined to one choice, we could have tried as many as we wanted.
We cannot fault this venue. Thank you for helping us enjoy a delayed Christmas treat.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Grossy55
PeterKienast, General Manager at The Lowry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave this glowing review about your recent dining experience in The River Restaurant. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the wide selection of tea available and the food provided with your Afternoon Tea. I do hope that you will return in the near future, as we change our Afternoon Tea selection on a monthly basis. Kind regards, Peter Kienast

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Great & convenient location, just minutes from Deansgate and it's variety of shops and restaurants. Pleasant and helpful staff. The room was spacious, spotless and modern. Would gladly recommend to friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mand100
PeterKienast, General Manager at The Lowry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I am delighted that you enjoyed our peaceful yet central location within Manchester and that our team was attentive to your needs. We hope to see you again in the future, Kind Regards, Peter Kienast

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I've complained about the late night service at the River Bar before, so it's only fair to report on a recent great experience there. On New Years Day, after a late dinner out, we went to the bar before heading up to our room. I asked the young man who was serving us to tell me which was the driest of the red wines by the glass. He said he didn't know, but then brought me a small sample of each so I could decide for myself. Even beyond that courtesy, the service was courteous and attentive the rest of the evening.

Room Tip: It's worth the extra money for river view. "City" view is a car park.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I am delighted to read that your second experience at The River Bar was more enjoyable, we have recently refurbished The River Bar and Restaurant, and all of our guests have enjoyed the changes. We do have more modifications on the horizon and I hope that you will return in the future to experience these changes. Kind regards, Peter Kienast

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Lowry on Sunday 29th December.
We were greeted with a big beaming smile before we even made it to the revolving doors by the concierge who immediately took our bags for us. A great start to the stay and the good customer service just got better from there.
The check in process was swift and easy. They took a swipe of my card as standard procedure in case of any extras incurred.

I wanted to book a massage for the next day as a surprise for my partner. The very friendly and personable receptionist, who couldn't do enough to help us, called the spa and arranged this despite it being 6pm and the clear statement on the website stating that pre-booking was required. She was very discreet as I hadn't told my partner yet.

She then showed us up to our room. The whole hotel is beautiful and plush! We stayed in room 529 deluxe room, great view, amazing room all the amenities you would expect and more. 6ft bed, walk in wardrobe, big bay windows, phone in the bathroom, massive bath, slippers and lovely robe each.

The gentleman that brought up our bags was very friendly, had a nice chat with him and he offered to hang up our clothes but we kindly declined.

We went out for dinner in the evening and the hotel arrange a taxi to and from the restaurant.

The spa facilities were good although there was no steam room or pool there was a relaxation room and a sauna. Again the staff were very friendly and professional.

I would highly recommend this hotel and I intend to stay there again in the near future despite it being over 200 miles away from my home! If you like luxury and fine things that aren't charged at an extortionate rate this is the place for you! I used booking.com for my reservation and got a very good deal despite it being the Christmas/New Year period.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave this glowing review about your recent stay at The Lowry Hotel. I am delighted that from the beginning to the end of your visit my team were attentive and added to your experience. I am pleased that you enjoyed your room and the amenities provided and that you were able to enjoy The Lowry Spa during your visit. I look forward to your return in the near future. Kind regards, Peter Kienast