The Lowry Hotel
  • Room Service
Pad Hotel(Manchester)
Mitre Hotel(Manchester)
2,855 results
All reviewswalk in wardrobeafternoon teaturn down serviceriver viewfive star hotelcar parkrooms are largebirthday treathuge bedfloor to ceiling windowsfantastic hotelsuperior roommini barcity centrefantastic staybar and restaurantbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I've visited here on three occasions now for Sunday Lunch and it never fails to impress. A 3 course meal is priced at £19.50 per person an absolute bargain for the food you get. Each time I ordered the roast beef with homemade Yorkshire pudding, simply delightful. Attentive staff, lovely nice atmosphere. Perfect. First time I are here was with the whole family (25 people) the second time with a group of friends and the last time with my partner who had never been before, he was impressed too. It's a hidden gem!!

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Sportylady35
PeterKienast, General Manager at The Lowry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for continuing to join us for Sunday Lunch, we are delighted you enjoy our food and service and very hope you will continue this tradition. We hope to welcome you back very soon. With best regards Peter Kienast

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed at the Lowry Hotel for two nights in July and had an excellent stay. Check-in was very efficient and staff were very friendly and helpful.
Room on the 6th floor was large and very quiet. Bed was very big and comfy and led to a good nights sleep.
Bathroom was very clean and large, with powerful shower over the bath. My only slightly negative feedback was that there was no complimentary water provided for guests.

Our room rate included breakfast, which is served in the main restaurant. Breakfast was fantastic, great selection from the buffet and good choice from the al la carte menu. Ate dinner at the hotel on second evening and took advantage of the Chef’s grill, a 3 course set menu @ £24.95 each, that changes each month, which we thought was good value.

Used the gym, located in the spa area of the hotel, which had all the equipment you would normally find in any hotel gym.

Location of the hotel is good, with a short walk to Deansgate and the rest of Manchester city centre.

We had an excellent stay and will definitely stay again when staying in Manchester.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay. It is great to read that you experienced many aspects of the hotel and enjoyed our central location. Please do watch out for the many packages and offers we have, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back. With best regards Peter Kienast

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This very well presented establishment offers a truly marvellous wedding day experience. Their attentive nature left nothing to chance with all guests being completely satisfied.
The cuisine is of Manchester's finest and their staff really go the extra mile.
Well done and well recommended

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank barry t

Dear Guest, We are delighted you experienced a wedding here at our hotel, we very much enjoy having the opportunity to be part of such special memories with our guests. I hope you will find time to visit us for an overnight stay sometime in the future. With best regards Peter Kienast

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The Lowry is a gorges hotel the beds are really comfy !! And the staff Is helpful and really nice and the bathrooms are lovely with lots of those little shampoos and soaps I always have a lovely stay when I come here although can be a little pricey.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience. We very much hope you will join us again in the future. With best regards, Peter Kienast

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here on Monday night.
I have stayed here quite a few times in the past but the rooms are starting to look a bit tired.
Bathroom is lovely and very clean. Lots of amenities available in case you have forgotten something. I used the grapefruit & oat shampoo and conditioner and it was lovely and the scent was refreshing.
The bed is always comfortable and clean and the temp of the rooms is always good.

This time I noticed scuff marks along the side of the bed, some stains on the carpet where someone has put a cup. These obviously don't come out as you could tell they were permanent but for the cost it can be off putting.

I was a bit shocked on Tuesday morning to find that I had to pay £16.50 for parking when I could have had this cheaper elsewhere.
Had afternoon tea and charged to the room, I also included a £10 tip only to find on the bill that they had already charged a £5 tip and the same with breakfast. I don't appreciate being told that I have to tip someone £5 for doing their job. I like to give a tip if I think it is warranted. .

After the afternoon tea I think they should have paid me!

All in all this is a great place to stay for locality and it is clean and tidy with comfortable beds. Lovely staff who are all very attentive and polite.
Park elsewhere and eat out!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank shal777

Dear Guest, Thank you for your honest review of your recent stay. Whilst we are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, I was sorry to read that there you were not expecting the car park charges. There is a sign on the entrance to our car park that shows our guests what options are available. Also our service charge, which appears on every bill presented, is of course optional and can be removed very easily. We do hope that you will visit us again very soon. With best regards, Peter Kienast