3,184 results
All reviews walk in wardrobe afternoon tea turn down service five star hotel river view rooms are large car park birthday treat huge bed fantastic hotel floor to ceiling windows mini bar fantastic stay city centre hotel bar bars and restaurants visiting manchester
Reviewed 1 December 2018

I've stayed here a few times to go to events in Manchester and absolutely love the place. Open, clean, immaculately decorated, fantastic service, huge rooms and beds, etc. I've travelled a lot with work and personally, and stayed in a lot of hotels on several continents, but this is my favourite hotel by a long stretch. Just excellent.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2018 via mobile

Returned with friends to the Lowry when in Manchester for a show at Manchester Arena. As always, the food in the bar was delicious and the staff responded to our late arrival and resulting hurry by whisking up our dinner in super fast time! Friendly and attentive service of the highest standard is the hallmark of this hotel.
The manager, Pradeesh displayed enormous understanding when I discovered that I’d made an error with my original booking... suffice to say that his helpful attitude and problem solving skills saved our evening!
We deliberately returned to the hotel bar for our post show drinks for both the chilled out atmosphere and excellent drinks menu.
Thank you for yet another wonderful break at the Lowry!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Helen D
Reviewed 1 December 2018

I enjoy every stay here, which must be 10 or so separate occasions during 2018. Typically on business, but would not hesitate to stay for leisure too. All staff encounters have been top notch - they are polished and it seems they genuinely care about ensuring you have a positive experience. Rooms are modern, always spotless, and with high quality furnishings. If the only thing missing - and my only gripe - is a pack of complimentary biscuits in the room, they must be doing something right!

Reviewed 26 November 2018

This was our first stay at the Lowry and enjoyed the experience and the accommodation. The meeting and greeting was good from the onset and checking out was quick and thorough. We would definitely return.

Date of stay: November 2018
AdrianEllis, General Manager at The Lowry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2018

Dear C0linwilkins0n

Thank you for your recent trip advisor review. We were pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the team here very accommodating and efficient. We look forward to welcoming you again in the very near future.

Adrian Ellis

Reviewed 25 November 2018

We booked a superior king room at £350, it was spacious with a very comfortable bed and pillows, but the view over the bridge was uninspiring, the hotel is surrounded on all sides by flats and building sites.
The room has a chaise and a chair and table plus a desk but it is all fairly bland and the splash of colour in the orange chaise seems to just emphasise the blandness.
The dressing area has hanging space and an iron and ironing board, opposite this is a Tea and coffee station and mini safe.
I would have liked a nespresso machine, and I found it a mean offering of a couple bags of tea, no biscuits, and four small pods of milk, pretty basic.
The bathroom has my pet hate a shower over a bath, they always leak and make mess on the floor, one of the taps in our bath was damaged with its front face missing, so this is just shabby.
There is a bidet and toilet opposite a single sink, but the bathroom door bangs into the bidet and toilet when left open.
The bathroom is not very luxurious for £350, and there were four very small containers of Elemis products.
We also had issues with the air conditioning, which only pumped out hot air, and so an engineer had to attend to rectify this fault. It was repaired but I find this tiresome in a so called five star hotel.
This hotel does not make the five star rating for me, and I would not choose to stay again.
Breakfast was decidedly average and extra on top of the room rate, as was hotel parking.
Nothing luxurious about this hotel, I would describe it as a pumped up premier inn.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear LADYRAWDON

Thank you for your recent trip advisor review. We were disappointed to read your comments and so sorry to hear about your experiences. Our rooms have been recently refurbished and so sorry that you didn't like the style and presentation in our bedrooms. We have many positive comments about our bedrooms and for your information we are installing coffee machines into all our bedrooms next year. We will also investigate the comments made about the air conditioning and hope that in the future you will enjoy our usual high standards of service and hospitality.

Adrian Ellis