“Birthday Treat..”

The Heart Apartments - MediaCityUK
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Birthday Treat..”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I'd got myself some Michael Buble Tickets for his tour in March of this year and had this apartment booked my girlfriend and myself as a present.
Lovely up to date apartment, lovely bathroom, kitchen and bedroom! Although we didn't really need them for a one night stay! Very quiet and a pleasant stay.
Definitely suggest if you're dining out every night and staying a week to use this place to stay.
Only problem we found, not the hotels fault, it was £5 to the Phones4U arena and then ended up being £25 back!!
Overall it was a lovely apartment.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Baiba Z, Manager at The Heart Apartments - MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Sir/ Madam,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind words regarding our apartments during your recent stay.

It fills me with great pleasure knowing you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to accommodate you again as soon as possible.

Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Professional looking apartments, great concept with lots of good facilities surrounding within walking distance.

The apartment was quiet and private. It was perfectly clean and there was everything that was needed within the apartment (even a utility space with washing machine).

The wifi was fast, with a strong signal. There was a menu in the apartment and a useful info leaflet given on arrival. Plenty of power sockets (unlike some hotels) and plenty of opportunity for celeb spotting.

Areas to improve:
1. Shower temperature was not adjustable in room 302, far too hot.
2. Single mattresses pushed together does not seem good enough quality for the standard of apartment they are marketed at. The mattresses are very soft and noisy indicating age.
3. Signage closer to the car park to indicate that is the correct place to park. It was not until I had drove past the car park and enquired at reception where to park that I learnt it was the multi storey that I had already driven past.

Overall, a great concept and I much prefer to a standard hotel room. Cleaning standard's are outstanding and I felt undisturbed. A peaceful break had.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kjr04
Baiba Z, Manager at The Heart Apartments - MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Many thanks for taking the time for sharing your experience, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at TheHeart Apartments, MediaCityUK.

Your comments about the hotel are very kind - thank you.

Just to let you know that we are working on maintenance issues at all times and the ones you have mentioned has been resolved.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future perhaps.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We arrived at reception about 20 minutes before the 3 O'clock check-in. This was not a problem and the receptionist said she would change the room from the one allocated. When we got to the room we found she had upgraded us to a one bedroom apartment, rather than a studio booked. This was a good start! The apartment overlooked the docks and was spotless and very spacious. There was everything you could need. PLUS if you park at the Media City car park ( about 100 yards away ) you get the ticket at a discounted price of £7. ( not £15 ) We visit the Lowry Theatre about 5-6 times a year and usually stay at the Holiday Inn round the corner - but not any more. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Don't forget to get your car park ticket stamped, to get the discounted price.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Your comments have been shared with the team and I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

This stay is blighted by the fact £200 was taken 2 days prior to my stay on Friday 29 th May but has not yet re appeared into my bank account!! I have tried to telephone several times but interestingly the only number given is never answered . This would put me off ever staying here again

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Madam,

Many thanks for your honest feedback for your most recent stay at TheHeart Apartments.

I sincerely apologise that no one was able to answer to your phone calls.

Pre-authorisation of valid credit card is taken prior to the guest's arrival. Pre- authorisation of £200 gets released within approximately 5 working days after guest's check out.

I hope the issues you described does not dissuade you from staying with us again in the near future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed here last weekend and before we arrived I checked my booking details to make sure everything I needed was there. However when we arrived we were told it was card only and no cash! It did not say on the confirmation email that it was card only otherwise I could have been the bank. I had the trouble to phoning up my partner asking to transfer me money even though i had it in cash.

We paid for the room and the receptionist asked for a £200 deposit so I gave her the cash. She said again card only.

After 20 minutes we went up to the room and put the telly on to get ready. It didn't work. We phoned downstairs who told us what to do even though we had already done it. Made a second phone call then she came up. She couldn't fix it and was told she would send an engineer.

I then went downstairs half an hour later for a different woman to say we could change room. It did not matter because this was then close to 8oclock at night and we were leaving at 9 the next morning.

I still haven't received the deposit back and I mortified over these apartments after looking forward to a night away with my mates.

I think next time a premier inn would be for reliable and accept cash payments would be approved!!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Sir/ Madam,

I appreciate you honest feedback from you most recent stay with us at TheHeart Apartments.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

I would like to apologise for inconvenience you have experienced because of the payment method accepted at TheHeart Apartments. We are informing guests on travel agent websites regarding this so they can prepare prior to arrival.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Apartment was spacious, clean and airy boosting lots of natural light. Well equipped for all your needs with nothing too much trouble.

Great location for a little familiar face spotting round the corner from the new BBC studios & Coronation St set.

Forgot my toothbrush so just popped into the accompanying Holiday Inn to assist - where I also grabbed a Starbucks when I went to get my car from the car park.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Baiba Z, Manager at The Heart Apartments - MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Hong Kong
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week with the family (with an 18 years old son). The view and interior look exactly like the pictures in the website. We have a premier 2 bedroom apartment overlooking the canal. View is nice and we can see canoes and boats passing by. Reason we chose this place is it's a bit away from the city and therefore quiet. But you definitely need a car to commute. BTW, don't ever leave the car unattended as you will get a ticket easily cos there are BBC security everywhere. Carpark is 3 min walk away and 7 pounds for overnight.

There is a Booth supermarket nearby and therefore quite convenient. The apartment has cheap furnitures, floor is vinyl (looks like wood) instead of wood. Rooms are carpeted. Bed is a bit soft.

Front desk is friendly. The place is ok for a short stay, and definitely cheaper than staying at a hotel.

Stayed April 2014
Baiba Z, Manager at The Heart Apartments - MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Sir/ Madam,

What a lovely review - I am delighted that you chose to stay at TheHeart Apartments, MediaCityUK.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future perhaps.

Guest Service Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
Hotel Football Old Trafford

Been to The Heart Apartments - MediaCityUK? Share your experiences!