“Good Location”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Salford
England
“Good Location”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Stayed in this Travelodge for a couple of nights. The location was great, easy access to the Trams which can take you into Manchester city centre. There is a great bar and restaurant a few minutes walk away. Opposite Morrison and local Tesco Express close by.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Booboocat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
co-durham
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a family after seeing the coronation street your. The car park is in morrisons multiple storey (directly outside) but you get a cheaper rate through the hotel. Staff were very friendly and the rooms immaculate. We used the bar which had a decent selection of drinks at reasonable prices. We booked the breakfast which was very nice with a good choice of cereals and cooked items. The only problem we had was a group of youths staying in the room above and at one point I thought they were going to come through the ceiling!!

• Stayed August 2014
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We had a great stop in this Travelodge on August Bank Holiday Monday. We had an issue with some noise from the room above but were offered an alternative room and then slept very soundly in a really comfortable bed! All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The Hotel was located a five minute walk from Salford Quays Metro Station so is ideal if travelling to Manchester Piccadilly by train. The Metro is also handy if you want to go to the The Lowry and Imperial War Museum and want to save your legs for walking round the museums and shops. We went out for a nice meal at the Matchstick Man Pub just next to Salford Quays Tram Stop which was ideal if you have kids.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Dalry, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I recently came to stay here for The Big Weekend (Pride). I will start by saying the only negative was my shower was blocked so I flooded the room haha (my bad).

This hotel has a great location. Literally 5 mins walk to the local Metrolink (Tram) stop into town and 5 mins from MediaCityUK this hotel is great for those who don't want to stay in the city centre madness but want a frequent link into the city.

Right next door to Morrisons, it's easy to pick up any toiletries you may have forgotten to pack or to get some snack (or in my case it was alcohol).

I got on really well with two receptionists in particular... Catherine (who was night shift) & Dianne. They were both so welcoming and so lovely to me during my whole stay.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 616, you have a view of Manchester United football stadium in the near distance and...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

An easy to find hotel within easy reach of manchester city centre. The carpark fee of £7 overnight at morrisons was reasonable and a short distance to hotel. In the morning we moved the car to a 24 hour carpark diectly opposite the tramstop for £5.

On arrival we were met by Diane on reception with her open warm smile without any hitch at all. We were given our room no and off we went.

We were plesantly surprised with the room evereything looked clean and comfortable and gave us the impression that the hotel was maintained to a good standard. On further inspection there was only 1 towel but I asked for another and was given 1 directly. My biggest negative was on inspecting the bed (I do this everywhere!), I discovered that it had been made up but had not been changed as I had been left with the last occupants towel still under the pillow with a couple of hairs thrown in for ggod measure! I went straight to reception and Diane could not apologise enough! We were given a complimenary breakfast along with the bed change! It was dealt with appropriately and efficiently and this is the only reason I have given a very good and not excellent!

The bed was comfortatable if a little cool. I always take my own pillow for my own comfort but they felt a decent quality!

Breakfast was good with lots of choice from top brand cereals to a choice of fruit juices, warm croissants, preserves and toast and great choice of cooked items with cereal bars and muffins. Good quality tea and coffee too. The moment a tray was emptied it was filled again. 1 of the things to impress me was as soon as a table was empty it was cleared and cleaned and I have been to some top eating places where that does not happen so quickly!

We had a very satisfying stay here would recommend and would definitely return!

Room Tip: take pj's or ask for a blanket as the room was a little cool for me.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Travelodge Salford Quays. I was impressed with how little it cost to stay three nights.

Even though it was an absolute bargain to stay here, unfortunately I wouldn't choose to stay again plainly because I didn't get much sleep. Me and my friend had a twin room and the single beds are more like the width of a camp bed and were extremely uncomfortable. The valance on the beds were made out of bobbly thick material, much like ones you would have when you were a kid in the winter time, rather rough on the skin, and the pillows were pretty dreadful. Travelodge need to definitely improve on this aspect. Another thing I would mention is that they share a car park with Morrisons across the way. They do have on street parking but don't recommend parking there due to the possibility of cars being broken into and obviously they don't accept responsibility for that. The only downside to the agreement with Morrison's car park is that on a Sunday they don't open until 10am so if you need your car out before that time then you can go whistle! All in all i would say it was clean and somewhere to lay your head, which is all you need when going away for a weekend. It is also very close by for access to trams and restaurants and also supermarkets which is extremely handy.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ruth T
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The hotel was easy to find from the Salford Quays stop on the tram. Just a few minutes walk away. The hotel is located across from a Large Morrisons which was very convenient for getting breakfast and little nick nacks for the trip. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. Salford Quays is about 5 minutes on the tram from the main city centre.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends