“Noisy Rooms”

Holiday Inn Manchester-West
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I stayed twice this hotel as my business trip, rooms are noisy. pay for breakfast and wait to get stuff to be on the counter, they don't have coffee machine. i would not recommend to stay this outlet of holiday.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Manchester West, we very much appreciate all feedback. I am sorry that you found your room to be noisy when you stayed, we can gladly allocate you a room on a higher floor on your next visit - please do not hesitate to mention your preference when making your next booking.

We currently offer hot drinks served to your table during breakfast service, and our team are more than happy to serve you your hot drink of preference, please feel free to order this with them.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Good clean room. Great breakfast. Discounted car park Great for staying if watching Man Utd. Have stayed at this venue before and both stays enjoyable booking in was easy and also checking out. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Thank you for posting your review of Holiday Inn Manchester West. I am so glad that you enjoy your stays with us whilst visiting to attend the football. We look forward to welcoming your back soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2012

What is it about the bars in Holiday Inns? It was the same at HI Media City. No decent real ales - just the usual bland lager offerings along with - ugh - John Smith. Has HI never heard of CAMRA? I'm not asking for a selection of handpumps and a temperature controlled cellar, just a few bottles of 6X or something similar. I mean Sainsbury's has a nice selection and that's just over the road! A barman who can name the wines he has available would be nice too.
Anyway - the hotel was OK, clean and adequate for our needs, and in a convenient location.
I always find it's a pity when a hotel charges for parking - especially when it is sited in a run-down area and land rates are obviously not too high. I was advised about the £5 charge on my booking confirmation, but I don't recall seeing it when making the booking.
All in all, I wouldn't rule it out again, but it wouldn't be my first choice when returning to Manchester.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor - away from the function room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for writing a review of your stay at Holiday Inn Manchester West. I am sorry that we did not have any real ales available at our bar. Unfortunately we do not have a lot of demand for real ales and therefore do not stock it as a standard. We do however, stock other draught and bottled lagers and beers. If we do see an increase in demand for real ale we will of course look into stocking a product.

With regards to car parking we do state our parking charges on our affiliated sites, and as you stated on booking confirmations booked via Holiday Inn. We price our parking competitively with other hotels in the area, and also charge a one off fee per day, and not per every exit as is the case with other car parking formats in the area.

I do hope that this explanation has cleared up any queries you may have, and we would love to welcome you back if visiting Manchester again soon.

Regards

Reviewed 29 August 2012

I was very pleased to have booked this hotel it was a very great welcoming place to stay staff there for all your needs nothing was to much great welcoming alll in all a relaxing place great rooms ,very clean, and very quite you will get a great sleep and weak up relaxed and ready to go if you need a taxi the staff can get you one straight away and it will arrive within 5 mins i would highly recommend this hotel and im going back in september

Room Tip: just to enjoy the friendly appmisfear
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Thank you so much for your review of Holiday Inn Manchester West. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to Manchester, and your stay at the hotel. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the team.

We look forward to seeing you in September,

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Do not book this hotel on a hedge your bet's exercise, or if you do, you're already committed.

I tried to cancel my reservation eight hours after I booked it... two days later, they still take the money.

This is nothing short of corporate thievery.

DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU ARE 100% SURE YOU ARE GOING TO STAY.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

We have a number of different bookings options available to our guests. If you book our flexible rate you can cancel you reservation up until 4pm on the day of arrival without charge. If you book our discounted advance purchase rate, this is pre paid - and as part of the offer you cannot change or cancel the reservation details, and no refund will be given - this is why the rate is cheaper. When booking the advance purchase rate it does explaing in the terms and conditions about the pre-payment etc, and you have to agree to the T&C before the booking can be made.

We would always suggest that if you feel your plans may change, please book the flexible rate. If you have booked the flexible rate and have still been charge, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel and I will investigate this for you.

If booking in the future and you are unsure which rate to book, please contact our in-house reservations department and they will be able to advise.

Regards

Reviewed 26 August 2012

stayed for one night for a night out in manchester. hotel was great. clean, comfortable, quiet and all ammenities you requred. good location about a 5 minute taxi from the train stations.

problem getting back in due to the incompetant night porter. Other than him, perfect stay and all other staff very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Holiday Inn Manchester West. I am sorry that ypu had an issue re-entering the hotel at night, and I will address this issues with our team. I do hope that you choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 25 August 2012

I was not very impressed with the space. I mean, the hotel room was tiny, very uncomfortable for the average american traveler like me. But the people and the breakfast made up for it. I wish holiday inns in US had a breakfast like that! I did not have a car so I had to walk 7 to 10 minutes to reach downtown Manchester, not bad. It isn't a nice looking place surrounding the hotel. Next time I would like to stay closer to the city, but if need be I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a double, it will give you more room space.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Holiday Inn Manchester West. I am so glad that you found the staff helpful and enjoyed our breakfast.