“Value for money..”

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Salford
wirral
“Value for money..”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over night with a friend was greeted in a friendly manner and atmosphere was nice, everyone seemed happy. Got to the room expecting the worst due to the price but was pleasantly surprised. Room was a good size and the shower was powerful being two girls we were also made up there was more than 1 plug socket! We had an ice machine right outside our room which was handy and also had free parking. We went out in the evening staff were more than happy to phone us a taxi and wasn't far to go at all would deffo stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back any time, and hope that you enjoyed Manchester.

Kind Regards

Katie McKune

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I've been here for a couple of days. Good location. Not too faar from the motorway and fron the city centre. Free parking and Wi-Fi. They did a little mess with the receipt and I had troubles with the company for the expenses. Average breakfast.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms facing the road.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Than you for posting your thoughts on your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear that you have had an issue with your receipt. Please contact our accounts department directly here at the hotel and we can gladly rectify any issues.

Portishead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I am a regular visitor to the IHG hotel brand and a platinum rewards member. One reason for this is that I can anticipate the standard of the stay at these establishments. Unfortunately my experience at this hotel would make me think twice about staying there again. While the staff are all very polite and pleasant it would appear that they are simply following a formula without giving it too much thought.

Arriving I was greeted as a member with my room details pre-pared, so far so good. The room was fine (204), so still fine. Next I proceeded to the restaurant to be greeted by a waitress with a streaming cold, not the sort of thing that you want to see before eating. Pressing on I ordered my meal and a beer and I waited, and waited, no beer. So I attracted the waitress and asked about the beer, "I'll check". it was then that the beer arrived, shortly followed by the meal. Food was fine although the restaurant is rather soul-less. So off to bed. The next morning, following a reasonable nights sleep I tried the shower, sorry no hot water! At reception the staff were very polite but had to tell me that the maintenance men were in as there was no hot water! Not a good start to the day and no idea as to when hot water would be available! Oh dear, so off to breakfast to be greeted by the poor young lady with the streaming cold again! Oh well, I wished her well and off to breakfast. Coffee sir was the offer, yes thank you. Coffee was poured but no milk! I had to go to the breakfast bar to help myself to a glass of milk to supplement my coffee. Back to my room, still no hot water and I need to get off to see my client. Hot water at the sink but none in the shower! So at least a hot wash.

So to reception, "Did you have a good stay Sir?" was the small talk at the reception. "Probably best if I don't answer I reply as it wasn't the best experience I'm afraid". "Oh sorry sir, here's your bill"

Not what I would have expected from a Holiday Inn, it would appear to me to be the level of a Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Room away from the road
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
I am so sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with the hot water on the morning of your departure. Our Maintenance team were rapidly trying to rectify the issue and I can only apologise that this was not rectified prior to your departure.

Thank you for your feedback, please rest assured that this is not the usual level of service that our team pride themselves on giving, and the issues you have raised will be investigated.

Your Sincerely

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have been staying 8 days in this hotel. Good location for driving, free parking and WIFI.

More, in each floor, there is a ice-maker. Very convenient for making cold drink for oneself.

Services is good and the staff are helpful.

Recommend to stay in Manchester.

Steve (from Hong Kong)

Room Tip: no first floor, second and third are okay
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve C
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and we hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Free car parking and wifi (though quite a pain to renew the service every 24h), clean rooms, helpful staff, breakfast are average plus.

No swimming pool or extras. In proximity to major car routes and city centre.

• Stayed September 2013
Katie M, Hotel Financial Controller at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments. Myself and the team are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. |\we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Laura Gleave
Financial Controller
Nottingham
Reviewed 31 August 2013

After hours of travelling, hours of transporting our daughters stuff from her university halls to her house for a year. My husband and I were so impressed with the comfort and luxury of the room. The staff were very friendly and so were the other guests. We felt so relaxed after a tiring and stressful day we didn't want to leave. We will definitely go there again next year when we move her again if not before. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who likes a touch of luxury.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind review. Myself and the team are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel relaxing after a busy day.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Laura
Nottingham
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Strange location for a hotel of this standard. The surrounding area appears rather run down and none too celubrious, but with secure car parking I did not encounter any problems at all.
Very friendly staff and normal HI standard of accommodation. Very pleasant 2 night stay. Dined out with friends so can't comment about food services. Very good price deals to be had for advance booking.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
We thank your for your kind review and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.