We booked a Holiday Inn hotel as we thought we would receive a decent standard of accommodation. When we arrived we were given a room on the first floor, just above the entrance way. The room itself was of a decent standard so first impressions were ok. The room was backing onto the staircase and we soon discovered that the stairs were possibly the noisiest stairs we had ever encountered. They were hollow under foot so the noise was booming every time someone climbed them. Then the landing off the stairs was just as noisy, just smacked of a cheap build that had not been given a thought for insulation. Bear in mind the stairs were used ALL night, making it impossible to sleep. The window in the room was supposed to be double glazed but let enough noise through to make you think that you were sleeping in the middle of the very very busy road outside. We went and complained at 2 am but got nowhere. At approx. 4am we were seriously considering leaving for the 2 hour drive home. We only didn't as it would have been dangerous. When we passed this on to the reception on leaving they stated they knew about the stairs!!!!! They then said that they would " get maintenance on it ", Terrible, Terrible experience that we will not be repeating. I would discourage anyone from booking there especially at the extortionate prices that they state they usually charge (our only saving grace was that we got this at a discount price - just shows you don't get anything for nothing).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Manchester West is located close to many popular attractions in Manchester including; Old Trafford - the home of Manchester United football club, The Imperial War Museum, The Lowry Theatre and bustling Salford Quays and Media City. The hotel is only a 5 minute drive from Manchester City Centre where you can enjoy extensive shopping or take in a concert at the MEN Arena. We are also only a 20minute drive from The Trafford Centre. The Holiday Inn Manchester West offers a relaxing yet stylish bar area and our dining menu is available all day. Wifi and Car Parking is available to all guests on a complimentary basis. The hotel is located close to the M602 and M62 motorways, and is 8 miles from Manchester International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Manchester-West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Manchester-West Hotel Salford
- Holiday Inn Salford
- Salford Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manchester-West Salford, Greater Manchester