“Great base at Holiday Inn, Liverpool St, thank you SAI”

Holiday Inn Manchester-West
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great base at Holiday Inn, Liverpool St, thank you SAI”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Had a fantastic weekend down at Manchester this week when we went to see Manchester UTD play at home. We used this hotel (2 miles walk from the ground) as a base and it was perfect. Clean rooms of the highest quality and very friendly staff. They could not have been more helpful advising us on local restaurants (taxi to City Centre approx £6) and even giving us a phone charger when we forgot our own. A special mention to the amazing F&B Manager, Saurabh Shrivastava who really made our stay with his friendliness, helpfulness and going just that little bit further to ensure we left very happy customers. We look forward to our next trip.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay. I am so pleased to hear that you had a great time at the football, and found the staff accommodating. I will ensure that your lovely comments are passed on to the team.

We look forward to seeing you on the next visit.

Kind Regards

Katie McKune

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Bournemouth
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights in January. I nearly left after the first night but the £50 early exit fee put me off. (It is there for a reason). As has reported elsewhere this is in an old, run down industrial area (my room had a view of a scrap yard) and not near enough to central Manchester to walk and no direct public transport. The floors are creaky, the walls thin, so whatever your neighbour is up to you have to share the sounds and my bathroom looked partially updated but there was damage and mould around the bath.
But the staff are great and in particular the over-worked but consistently cheerful bar and restaurant staff.
I say bar and restaurant staff but until 7pm on my visit this was one and the same person.
The same person was serving the bar, the restaurant and room service!!
Under those circumstances and with their friendly attitude it was difficult to become impatient so gradually my thoughts on this hotel softened; hence a 3...just.
But I will not go there again unless everywhere else is fully booked

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please let me know where you saw the information on the early departure fee - this is not the case for all reservations and depends upon what rate you booked. I am glad that you found the team helpful, and will pass your comments on to them.

Thank you once again for your feedback

Regards

Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

First time in this hotel, not an ICH build, and there is a lot of work to do for the current management which I was told was being done, they had only been in the hotel for three months,
There is nothing they can do regarding the location, a car is essential. OLd Trafford is about 4 minutes in one direction and the City Centre is 7 minutes in the other direction.
The room heating was off so I was offered an electric heater which did the job, the room was lovely but the bathroom required attention, cracked tiles, the mirror was tarnished around the edges, the walk in shower was double size but no soap holder or dispenser and the shower head slowly drops when switched on.
The hotel felt like a Holiday Inn Express in the public areas, the staff were nice and polite but there is work to be done, the manager assured me that this was in progress so my advice id to check your room first.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. The hotel is going through a programme of planned improvement and improvements are on going.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback,

Kind Regards

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Yes, at first I was taken aback by the area - very industrial! My Dad lives a mile away from the hotel and assured me that while it was industrial it was safe. The Hotel itself was adorable! Clean, modern, great food and the staff went above and beyond to help me. There is a large restaurant and a lounge so there was no need for me to venture out. I will absolutely return in June! The only reason I am not giving five stars is the area, then again...I am thankful the hotel is so close to my Dad!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
We hope that you enjoyed your visit with your family. Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again in June!.

Kind regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Reasonably polite reception staff, room was comfortable and clean,
This hotel was my last choice but was the only hotel available for the date required,
The hotel is in a bad area and I was confronted by a local drunk making a nuisance of himself as I left the hotel at 09.30 in the morning . I feel the hotel would benefit from more security, probably use again if no other option.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for posting your thoughts on your recent stay. I am sorry that you were unhappy with the area the hotel is located in, and can assure you we do take our guest safety very seriously here at the hotel.
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I travel frequently for business and have stayed in Holiday Inns elsewhere but this was a big disappointment. Although reception staff were courteous and helpful that is just about the only good point in my overnight stay. The hotel is not in a very good area, certainly not somewhere that lone female travellers will feel comfortable walking around. My room had dirty and torn lampshades, mouldy grout in the bathroom, smelly pillows, stained upholstery....just horrible. I arrived in the evening and because of the area did not feel comfortable looking for somewhere else to eat so ate in the on-site restaurant. I opted for pan-fried salmon with salad thinking this was safe option on the otherwise largely pre-prepared menu. The salmon was grey with flaccid skin and totally overcooked and largely tasteless. The salad leaves were the most appealing things on the plate. My room was noisy with building works carrying on until the small hours nearby. When checking out I was in a queue of people complaining about cold rooms. In short....I will not be returning.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lynne L
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay, and thank you for your feedback. Our team are available 24hrs a day to help with any problems or concerns you may have, and love the opportunity to rectify any issues whilst guests are still resident.

Once again thank you for your valuable feedback, and I will investigate immediately the comments you have made.

Regards

halifax
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed here 2 nights this weekend (thurs & Fri) - we got a room on the ground floor (room 5) which turned out to be a disabled room which was fine apart from the shower - the shower got water everywhere as there was only a small screen and the rest was like it was supposed to be a wet room (but without the proper drainage) ... the shower was a power shower so you can imagine the floor got wet through. we had to throw our towels on the floor on both days to stop us slipping around and getting wet feet.
The room was fine - big enough with some wardrobe space (there was a safe, iron in the wardrobe) flat screen tv, tea& coffee making facilities and aircon... there was only one double plug socket which was slightly annoying. our room was road facing.. we found the road quite noisy and it is constantly used so if you are a light sleeper, prob best to avoid these rooms.
Location was great for us... only about a 15 min walk to deansgate (depending on how fast you walk) parking was free so just left my car there for 2 days and didnt have to worry about it. didnt bother too much with the WIFI think you have to get a new password every day.
would come again depending on the price as the location and parking was what i was mainly looking for :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting your thoughts on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that our maintenance team look at the drainage in that room immediately. I am so please you found the location helpful, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.