“Good value and Comfort”

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Sydney, Australia
“Good value and Comfort”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have stayed in this hotel for more than 5 times now. The hotel is in Salford and therefor one has to expect the surroundings to be fairly industrial. I mainly stay here for business purposes and therefore the surrounding does not matter. It is fairly close to Manchester Victoria and Manchester Piccadilly Stations (around £6 for taxi).
The hotel has very good comfortable rooms and decent facilities. I found staff are very friendly and helpful in most occasions.
The restaurant is generally satisfactory (but bit expensive for the quality on offer).
There is free Wi-Fi and the service is good.
At busy times you may have to wait for a while for taxis, so order one in advance leaving adequate time.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main road may be noisy if you open windows.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Srinath P
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stays with us. We are very happy to hear that you find the hotel comfortable and good value for money.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Katie McKune

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here with my daughter for the One Direction concert. We had a great stay. The room was spotless, bed was comfy and the staff on reception were friendly. The hotel is a wee distance from Manchester centre - £6.00 in a taxi - but the reception staff were really helpful providing printed maps and directions. It's about a twenty minute walk into city centre. We arrived a hour before check in time due to the time of our coach arrival but this was no problem - a wait of five minutes and we were checked in and in the room. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We hope you enjoyed One Direction!!!! Myself and the team are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Manchester,

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Ok, finding average price for a one night stay in Manchester on a Saturday night was never going to be easy, but this place came thumbs up. Check inn staff were very friendly and helpful at all times, our room was adequate for what we needed. Everything was clean all around the hotel, no faults there. I liked the idea of the barrier on the car park for added security, considering the hotels location. The bar staff late at night were most helpful , even though some of us like to party a bit too hard and little bit worse for wear [ prince doesn't come to Manchester very often]. Breakfast was better than most buffet styles that we have had, all in all a ok place to stay when your in manchester

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DAVE2611
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay. We hope you enjoyed the concert and your time in Manchester. We are very pleased to hear that you had a great stay and found the team helpful. We look forward to seeing you again soon next time you visit.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I posted a review on the Holiday Inn website - it boasts of "real reviews by real guests". Well, the review I posted got deleted. So I thought a quick post on the mighty Trip Advisor would be a far better choice.

I agreed to share a room with a friend on the night of my Birthday and selected the King Room with Sofa Bed thinking that we could each take one and "never the twain shall meet" if you know what I mean. I didn't think this would be a problem, as the website clearly said King room with Sofa Bed. Fantastic.

However, what resulted was a classic sitcom situation, with the two of us huddled up in the same bed sharing the same duvet. This is because the "sofa bed" didn't roll out all the way due to the small problem of their being vastly insufficient space. Completely unusable as a bed and no extra sheets provided even if it was. I just don't get it at all. Surely someone has complained about this before? They probably have and they have probably been ignored just like me. My photographs illustrate the point better.

My beard is like a wire-brush after only a day and nothing sorts it out like my trusty electric shaver. However this relatively simple morning activity was a total no-go thanks to the helpful provision of a third-world shaver socket together with exposed electrical wiring. I just wasn't going to roll the dice on that one because I like living too much.

I wont go into the vomit stain near the door too much, but provide a photograph for the curious. Also the lamp buzzed like one of those chip-shop fly killers. Though now I think about it, it was probably killing flies.

This hotel looks exactly the same as "Diamond Loge" in Gorton. Operated by the same franchisee? Who knows but it's certainly not up to Holiday Inn standards. Search for this hotel on Trip Advisor and you'll have more of an idea of the type of hotel it actually is.

Terrible customer service when I complained. "We'll keep your complaint on file" they said, but that means nothing. They offered to bung me a few useless reward points. The general manager, Katie McKune, has remained silent yet she falls over herself to offer her fawning opinions to good reviews. Says it all really.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear CRZG

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that I have not replied to your review sooner however, I have been on annual leave for a week. As you will have noticed I reply to all reviews good or bad as we appreciate all guest feedback given to us.

I am not sure why your review has not been listed on the Holiday Inn site yet, however I do know that it goes through a filtering process and it may be because you have named a staff member in full - I think this may be a breach of the policy.

I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I can only assume from your photos that you have not requested that the sofa bed be made up before your stay? The sofa bed in the position of your photo is how it is to be used as a sofa. When used as a bed our team move the position so that it can stretch outwards fully and be used as a bed. If you inform us prior to arrival that you require the sofa bed made up, all this is done, and the bed made up before you check into your room. Also if you check in and decide that you wish to use the sofa as a bed, just let our team know and we can get everything prepared whilst you are out of the bedroom.

With regards to the stain on the carpet, I can assure you that this is NOT a sick and stain and appears that the air con unit above the door has been leaking slightly. We will have our maintenance team look at this and the socket immediately. Our housekeepers check each room for maintenance issues daily so I am not sure who they missed the socket
being like this.

Our team are on hand 24hrs a day to assist with any problems you may have and if reported upon your check in, we would have been more than happy to move you to another room, move and make up your sofabed, or indeed have maintenance fix any issues. Please on any future visit do not hesitate to inform us of any issues you may have, we would be more than happy to assist or resolve them.

England
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Whilst not normally one for making too many reviews, i thought it necessary to write a comment on here to thank all the staff at this particular Holiday Inn, for being fantastic!

Being a large group of 23, in a stag party, and arriving en mass, i didn't expect such a warm welcome! Laura on the front desk was particularly helpful in giving us all the information we needed to make our weekend run much more smoothly. This attitude extended to all the duty managers working over the weekend (i forget most of the names for obvious reasons) and i could not fault any of the staff.

Although not in a glamorous location, a taxi into the city centre was only about £5, with an 8 seater mini bus costing about £8.

Clean, suitably appointed, and friendly... what else could you ask for?!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for posting you thoughts on you recent stay with us. I hope you all enjoyed your weekend in Manchester, and I am so pleased to hear that we assisted in every way we could to make your stay enjoyable.

Marlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I've stayed in Holiday Inns all over the world, but never a better one than this example, stuck in an industrial estate, located in a shabby corner of sunless Salford. Who would have thunk it? Tons of free car parking (ignore the word 'limited' on their website), cheerful, efficient personnel and beautifully furnished rooms (looks like a recent refurbishment has occurred). True the basic double rooms are not large, but superbly equipped and really comfortable. Wi-Fi is complicated, but free and there's a full menu of all you need in a hotel room, including a safe.
Best of all, the breakfast was positively luxurious (11 different cereals!) and nicely cooked, fresh & wholesome, buffet items. Saturday serving was truly civilised and ran from 7-30am to 11am and the whole experience cost less than what a hundred other lesser, room only hostelries charge (sorry if I've just encouraged the owners to up their rates).
They can't claim to be situated within a rural paradise, but hey, they're in W. Manchester not S. Cheshire and close to the Corrers tour studios (about a 15 minute walk) and, in any case, they don't. Stand on me: this chain hotel example is much more than it ought to be and the management are to be congratulated for providing the experience.

Room Tip: Try for a room away from Liverpool Street.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so pleased to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay and we hope that we see you again soon on your next trip to Manchester!

Solihull
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel is well worth the money you spend . Reception staff spot on friendly and professional nothing was too much trouble even provided room service in the early hours of the morning! The room lovely and clean everything you need for your stay would definitely go back. Only short walk from city centre cannot recommend enough for the price. The ice dispenser in corridor ! Anyone looking for a stay in manchester should consider this hotel really good. Thanks to all staff at holiday inn we had a lovely stay next time were in Manchester we know where to go

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Wolfie1877
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon, on your next trip to Manchester.