“great food, great staff, limited menu”
Review of Damson Restaurant - CLOSED

Damson Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Northallerton, United Kingdom
“great food, great staff, limited menu”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

we were staying at the Holiday Inn and got there late so just wanted to eat local, went to the Damson, staff were excellent, place looks and feels very cool, food was lovely, only negative was such a limited menu, they could offer so much more so not sure why they have such a limited choice? top tip, the staff gave us a free parking ticket for the multi-storey the next day and i am pleased to say it actually worked so a massive thanks for that, it was so helpful.....x

Visited August 2014

• Turkish first
Manchester
“Fantastic night with great friends and fabulous food.”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My girlfriend and I were over from South Africa recently and we went to Damson with a group of friends at their recommendation.
I have to say, it didn't disappoint. Fabulous food, great atmosphere, wonderful service.
We cannot wait to return to the UK and a visit to Damson will be near the top of our to do list!

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Surprise supper”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Surprise pre theatre supper booked by our children prior to visiting The Lowry to see War Horse. The early menu was varied and reasonably priced. Both our starters of goats cheese terrine and chicken ceaser salad were well presented and tasty. We both chose confit of duck which was moist and lovely and hot, as I hate luke warm food. Dessert of blackberry panacotta with lavender ice cream was also delicious - The only draw back to our visit was that we waited over 25 mins for dessert to arrive and felt under pressure as we needed to get to the theatre. However overall service was good, the venue lovely and the food faultless- a lovely unexpected treat.

1 Thank Linda G
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
1,069 restaurant reviews
“Very good restaurant in Salford Quays”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We dined here when staying at Salford Quays for a couple of nights, primarily to see Warhorse. It is a stylish restaurant, with an interesting menu and very good service. I chose scallops to start followed by monkfish - both of which were very tasty - and finished with lime cheesecake.
All round a very good experience!

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok - slow service”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Thee were 6 of us eating at the restaurant.
We had a reservation and was seated quickly when we arrived, however it took some time for us to be asked for a drinks and appetiser order.
The drinks arrived quickly once ordered but the food was slow. We were told that the restaurant was very busy and there was a delay in the kitchen due to the number of orders.
I am gluten intolerant and it was a certified restaurant, so I felt comfortable eating here knowing that I would be well catered for.
After sitting down for 20 mins were wee finally able to order our starters.
I ordered the duck egg, minus the Parmesan fondue. It was nice but I didn't blow me away, the portion size was good.
Thee was then a 40 min wait between finishing out starters to receiving our main.
For main I had the beef fillet munis the oxtail bun. The beef was lovely and succulent, cooked medium rare. The rest of the dish was tasty. Unfortunately the chips were served separately and they arrived about 10 mins after my meal (they forgot about them) so I had nearly eaten my main and the chips were Luke warm.
I didn't have a dessert, although I was surprised at the lack if gluten free options, despite the waiter being proud that they were certified as a gluten free restaurant.
I was also surprised that there were no gluten fee rolls either, so whilst everybody else had their bread I couldn't have anything.
Overall it was nice but I wouldn't go back, I felt a little underwhelmed

• Visited June 2014