“Fab hotel and area but needs looking after”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Salford
teeside
“Fab hotel and area but needs looking after”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel and staff
Free parking
Brilliant beefeater next door
Perfect location
Only issues where?
Noisy fan in bathroom all night
Leaking toilet
Only 1 towel between 2
And the shower curtain was far to long for the bath as we both almost tripped on it.
Hey, but thst just could gave been the 1 room.
We will be back

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Karl R, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear TeesideNorthandsouth,

I am pleased that you found our hotel and team fantastic and were able to make use of our brilliant free parking, I was concerned regarding the other issues you raised.

If you did not report them to reception before check out, please could you call us directly to discuss this further as I would like to ensure the issues have been rectified. Regarding the noisy bathroom fan, these can be controlled from a switch outside the bathroom door.

Thank you for your review, I look forward to hearing from you.

Karl Ryan.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Ashington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Really impressed by the helpful staff and good location for getting tram in and out of Manchester. Although we had a noisy room on the first night staff quickly changed this for our second night , and gave us a refund for first night. This was a suprise as I wasn't aware of the "good night guarantee" . Even staff at beefeater were good , suggesting a 2/3 bottle of wine as best deal.

Dear 9Kenneth,

I am thrilled to read that the team were quick and efficient in dealing with your issues and that overall your stay with us was an enjoyable one. It is also good to know that the team are being pro-active with our 'Good Night Guarantee', as its there to safeguard the great night's sleep we strive to deliver.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate that you have taken the time to commend your great experience with Premier Inn.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night. Very friendly staff, nice room with a huge tv on the wall. Very quite and near the lowry center and man u football ground.
I was a little bit worried about the red stain on the carpet however!
(Perhaps it was just red wine or ketchup?)

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Karl R, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear DHodgeD,

Thank you for your email regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found our rooms spacious and comfortable and that they met your needs whilst staying in Salford Quays.

I was concerned to learn about the red stain on the carpet, if you could please contact me with your room number I can certainly investigate this further however since your stay the carpets have been deep cleaned so I am hopeful that this will no longer be an issue.

Thank you once again for your kind review, I look forward to hearing from you.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here last night and could not fault this hotel on anything. Nice location, very clean, rooms and beds really comfortable and staff very welcoming, helpful and friendly. I was particularly impressed with the hotel's quiet policy between 11pm and 7am to ensure all guests get a good nights sleep. Excellent breakfast and service at the beefeater restaurant next door. Would definitely stay here again if visiting Manchester and would recommend to friends and family. .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Karl R, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Jackie E,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend us to others. I am pleased you approve of our 'Quiet Time' policy, we strive to provide a great nights sleep to all of our guests and this is one of the many tools we use to deliver our promise.

I will pass on your regards to the breakfast team on delivering an excellent Premier breakfast and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Karl Ryan
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stayed here primarily to visit the Lowry gallery, which is just a short walk away.
It was also convenient for commuting into the city. It took as a while to find the place, as we'd been given the wrong Sat Nav coordinates online. However, once there, we found the room to be of usual good standard. The staff were friendly and the food (breakfast and dinner) served at the pub next door was first rate.

Room Tip: The building is situated on a quay, so if you do enjoy water-views, ask for a room that can see it.
Dear Croftmanic,

Thank you for your warm review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with Premier Inn at Salford Quays and found us conveniently situated for both Salford Quays and Manchester City Centre.

I will also pass on your commendation to the Beefeater regarding the excellent food and service you received throughout your stay. Thank you for providing us with feedback, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Morecambe, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We chose this hotel as it is about an 8 minute walk from The Lowry theatre. At the time we stayed it was being refurbished so no lift but we were put in a ground floor room so no problem for us.
There is no bar or restaurant situated in this hotel so the facilities are provided next door in the Beefeater bar and restaurant.
Pros :- as it is handy for the Lowry and Media city we would use it again, we travelled by train and there are frequent trams to and from Piccadilly.
Cons :- as in all Premier Inn's there is only 30 minutes per day free wi fi which is poor by today's standards.

Room Tip: Not sure due to refurbishment
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Karl R, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Baz F,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you found our location convenient for The Lowry Theatre and by transport from Manchester Piccadilly, and that the work being carried out on our lift did not disturb your stay. We always allocate sensibly and take into account each guests needs where possible so as not to inconvenience our guests.

The possibility of free Wi-Fi is currently being explored, so look out for that in the near future but in the mean time, our Beefeater has unlimited Wi-Fi use free to customers and guests.

I hope to welcome you back again soon, thank you once again for your constructive review and please be assured we will take your comments on board.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

You can't knock the friendly service of a Premier inn can you..
Always willing to help. But in this case the little details let the side down.
The new contactless room key system was my biggest gripe. I had to go up and down to the reception 3 times to get a key that would work...
The lifts weren't working (Ok, I could do with the exercise..), fine for an hour or two, but these were being refurbished... So "refurbished" sounds better than "broken down". I'll remember that next time my car is refurbished.. on the side of the A10...
And then the shampoo dispenser didn't dispense shampoo.. I had to dismantle it to get the sack of goo out so I could squeeze enough out to wash my thinning mane..
any one of these issues wouldn't impact my opinion, but all three equals bad management..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear shame-on-Hornimans,

Thank you for your contribution regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations and would like to assure you that the issues you raised are being dealt with.

Unfortunately our lift is out of service whilst we undergo the installation of a completely new lift. These improvements are being made so as we can continuously update and improve the service we provide and I am very sorry that this was an inconvenience. The work should be completed shortly and I do hope you will return in the future to experience our usual first class service.

Karl Ryan.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Hotel Football Old Trafford
The Lowry Hotel
The Lowry Hotel
#3 of 20 in Salford

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel? Share your experiences!