“Family Weekend Break”

Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Excellent location - walking distance to the Lowry Theatre and shops and the Imperial War Museum (free entry). Could not fault the service from the hotel and staff. Had a family room on the ground floor so easy access - very clean and comfy beds. The restaurant was next door so there was absolutely no noise issues at all. Breakfast was excellent - service and choice. Definately recommend this.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Karl R, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear KPo66,

I am delighted with your positive review. It is fantastic to read that our team and staff service rate highly in your estimations and that you were happy with your clean and comfortable room. It is brilliant to know we are on the right track and delivering on our promise of a 'great nights sleep'!

Thank you once again for your review,

Kind Regards,

Karl Ryan.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,488)

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Apart from a little problem with a taxi booking, all the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean, bed was very comfortable indeed. Within easy walking distance of Media City, The Lowry Outlet, Old Trafford and Trafford Centre. Two minutes from Metrolink stop. Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear davebrad127,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that you found our team welcoming and friendly. As you mention in your review we have a great location, close to the metrolink connection to the City Centre and by Old Trafford and The Lowry Outlet/Gallery, it is great that you enjoyed the wonderful area of Salford Quays.

Thank you once again for your positive review, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

i good family stayed at the Premier inn with my husband and 2 year old daughter. We got the hotel for a good discount price due to Premier Inn promotion.
Ive stayed in other Premier Inns so knew what to expect however the staff at this particular one made it an enjoyable experience. They were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble from bringing us extra pillows to ordering us a taxi to the city centre and advising us of good family attractions in the area.
Its is just outside the city centre but its far enough away to be more quiet and peaceful. Obviously travelling with a child I was concerned about noise from other guests but also from the surrounding area. We had nothing to worry about as even though there was a major football game the night we stayed I did not hear any noise and we were not disturbed at all.
There is a beefeater restaurant attached to the Inn and also down the road you will find a Frankie and Bennys, Chiquitos and other known restaurants if the Beefeater is not what your after. We ate at the Hard Rock Café in the city centre (one of my favourite places).
Overall a lovely little break with the family and I would not hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear HellzBellz2013,

Thank you for your contribution regarding your stay at Premier Inn Salford Quays.

I am delighted to have read about your lovely stay with us and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your short break in the area.

It is particularly reassuring to hear that our team did a great job of making you feel welcome and well cared for. We have a great team who are driven by the desire to do our very best for our guests and it is lovely that you noticed this. I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again shortly.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is our second visit to the Premier Inn at Salford Quays and once again the room, cleanliness and reception staff were excellent. However when we arrived on Monday the lift was out of order and had still not been repaired when we left on the following Saturday morning! Although we are not disabled, it was hard work carrying our luggage up to our room which was on the second floor so this has to be a black mark. It will not stop us visiting again, but we feel the problem with the lift should have been resolved quickly.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the rear of the hotel overlooking 'The Quays'
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rayolee,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us, I am delighted that this was your second visit and that you will continue to use us for your travels in the area.

I am sorry that we did not explain that our lift is currently under refurbishment. We are having a new lift installed but we will look into how we communicate this information whilst our improvements are being made, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thank you once again for a kind and honest review, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Friendly, quiet and clean. The room was larger than I expected and had a king size double bed and a single bed, both were very comfortable. Flat screen tv and wi fi provided (wi fi 1st 30 mins free and then £3 per day).. There was no wardrobe and only 1 drawer, the only other storage space was open shelving. My husband, myself and our grandson stayed in the room, but there was only 1 chair, so if you wanted to read, play a board game or do a crossword it was either on the bed or on the floor. As we were only there 2 nights, and in the room for only short periods we could cope with this. This hotel has 3 floors and only 1 lift, which was out of order during our stay.When I checked in on-line on the morning of our stay this was mentioned and I was asked to contact the hotel directly. I did this and was given a ground floor room. The restraunt is next door (Beefeeter), only 2 minutes away, but far enough to get soaked if it's raining. Breakfast is served downstairs and provided a good choice of meals. Dinner however is served upstairs, with quite a few steps to negotiate, if there is a lift I didn't manage to find it and as I have a knee problem dinner was difficult for me. The bathroom was spacious, clean and well maintained, with bath and shower, but the water pressure was very low. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the hotel clean and comfortable. Overall we had an extremely enjoyable stay at Salford Quays. One word of warning though, if you stay when there is a match on the price is sky high. For 2 nights in a family room, with breakfast and wi fi included it was £200!!! But at least we did see the Man U lads win.

Room Tip: If you have walking difficulties ask for a ground floor room when booking. If you are of a certain...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Karl R, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Kathleen H,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am pleased that overall you had a pleasant stay with us and we were able to allocate you a ground floor room. Whilst we are undergoing a lift refurbishment we do take care to allocate our rooms sensibly and reserve ground floor rooms for those who require it.

With regards to the Beefeater lift, it is located next to the bar on the right hand side. I am sorry you could not find it on this occasion and I will pass this information to the restaurant for their consideration.

Thank you once again for your review, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Friendly, quiet and clean with a large comfortable room. I arrived late after a long journey and received a warm welcome. Exceeded all my expectations - the best 'budget' hotel I've stayed in. The breakfast was cooked to order and was delicious - really well worth the £43 I paid for the night ...thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Familyseelow,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us at Premier Inn Salford Quays. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we exceeded all of your expectations.

At Premier Inn we strive to give our guests a warm welcome and a great nights sleep, it is brilliant to know that we are delivering on that promise.

I look forward to welcoming you back again and thank you for such a warm review.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I always try and pick a Premier Inn if i can, as they constantly deliver to a good standard. This one has been around a bit longer than some, but seems to be fairly up to date. I was amazed at the lovely big TV, the first Hotel TV i've come across with Freevew HD, even 5 star hotels don't have that - well done Premier Inn! It really added to the room as well for me, it was a real feature rather than a tiny TV fixed to the side of the Wardrobe and Vanity Unit. Not sure why only this location seems to have this, i put it down to all those Media types at nearby MediaCityUK! Room is normal Premier Inn standard, but i requested a Waterside view which was brilliant! It was lovely to look at, so peaceful, yet you're only 20 minutes from Central Manchester - i could live around here :)
As you can from the title there was a downside. The hotel only had one lift and even this was not working when i was there. Although the hotel is only 3 Storeys i would have expected at least 2 lifts, so you could have a working one while the other was repaired. I requested a room on a higher floor so knew i would have to lug my suitcase upstairs, rather than the Ground floor where there are rooms, so hopefully that would not be a problem for others, but i was concerned that if a disabled person had arrived late and the only room was on the top floor they couldn't have stayed there, not good Premier Inn. In addition i noticed the Beefeater was having its lift replaced at the same time, so you couldn't have eaten upstairs there either!
I should add that the staff member on duty when i checked in explained about the lift and was really friendly and helpful so a big thank you there! I also liked the 'Welcome Pack' that i was given with lots of local information, such a good idea and you wonder why others don't do that.
I really enjoyed staying here and hope i can come back. Due to its location the prices vary a lot so we'll have to see. I would say it needs another lift installed and maybe a direct link into the Beefeater at the same time? One of my favourite Premier Inns though!

Room Tip: If the Lift is working Top Floor Waterside View!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Karl R, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear BrightonMiranda,

Thank you for such a positive review, I am please to hear that you are familiar with Premier Inn and choose us wherever you can. In respect to your comment about the TV's, Premier Inn are currently investing in bringing all hotels across the brand up to date so soon you will be able to enjoy the brilliant rooms that you love at Salford Quays in all Premier Inn's across the UK. This is also why you found our lift out of service throughout your stay, as we are having a brand new lift fitted. I am pleased that this work should be finished within the next couple of weeks, so hope that on your next stay you will enjoy the improvements we are continually making. Please be assured that we reserve specially adapted rooms on the ground floor for those with disabilities and have taken extra steps throughout the lift replacement to ensure that all guests found to need a ground floor room can be accomodated.

Thank you once again for your kind review and for being a loyal Premier Inn guest.