“ha!!”
Review of Hazeldean Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Salford
Hazeldean Hotel
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“ha!!”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

ok so...

arrived at hotel - told the room we had booked was flooded and wen had been moved room.

we get to our room, its dirty and moudly. then my partner goes to bathroom, theres no water.

so we complain and get moved room, yes the room is bigger and but still dirty! but its ok.. theres water! oh but its old cold water and only in the sink! we couldnt even shower! we had to use the kettle to warm water to clean in the sink, and had to fill the kettle to fill the toilet!! is that even legal?!

heating... non existent!

there was a large dead spider on the carpet when we went in to the room - and as a 20year girl i am a whimp, so that put me off even more! felt dirty in the bed and barely slept. breakfast was good but slow - and there was only one other table to serve!

Only stayed here as everywhere else was booked up as it was a big football weekend. the next night we went to a nice b&b in salford and when explaining the hotel to this owner he said he couldnt believe we had stayed the night, last he knew of the hotel was that the owner was keeping loads of cats in it!

just avoid avoid avoid!!!

ps dont order from the near by take away. £10 seems cheap for a pizza, 2 kebabs and a bottle of cola...but cheap is not cheerful and you'll spend the next day in the toilet! oops!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ayr M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cumbria
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I arrived to find that they had lost my booking and things went down hill from there...
The room was tiny smelly and dirty. There was tea and coffee - but no kettle. There was a TV - but no remote. There was no cold water. The bin hadn't been emptied. I complained but they did nothing to fix any of the problems.

Room Tip: NOT room 7
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Andy H

Travellers are raving about these Salford hotels

Jersey Marine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2011

stayed here sat 15th oct on arriving were told no room for us eventually sorted out wish we hadnt handed over money as on seeing rooms would never have stayed they were filthy .bathroom could do with some bleach bedroom door wasnt very safe. coffee table in lounge thick with dust got back 1o.30 after show everthing closed on leaving asked if we would like breakfast we said no replied thats what we like to hear .never again will we stay at this hotel

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank p_grinter
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I have stayed here before years ago & it has not changed at all except for the staff whom have not a clue between them , its still filthy some windows are broken , the walls need repairing & painting , the rooms are just as bad too , the new management should have closed up until all was ready & not the s**t hole it is 0 / 10

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank karl043
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 July 2011

What a joke - so bad it was funny. Staff (one person) disappeared after the first day. Bar was locked. TV room was locked. All the phones had been removed from the rooms. There was no public phone in the hotel! One elderly lady without a cell phone was marooned there and could not leave even though she wanted to. Breakfast was canceled even though I had paid for it. I wished that I had not paid in advance as I could have left without paying for a non-existent breakfast because there was no member of staff there to collect my money. I ended up letting late arriving guests in, or rather redirecting them to other hotels in the area because there was no way that they could get into their rooms! Pretty bad experience all round. Never ever go to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank Ray94903
Devon
Reviewed 1 May 2011

No offence but this place is probably for homeless people and not for paying guests. I stayed for two nights last week in this hotel and was asked to check-in before 11 PM as hotel closed at 11PM and there's no night porter available who can let me in after 11. I drove all the way from Devon to Manchester and was extremely tired. Room allocated to was on second floor, the guy who checked me in told me that is one of their best room in hotel (Room 16). I Had couple of Suit cases to carry upstairs but the Asian guy on reception did not even offer to help me taking suit cases upstairs but instead he was talking to someone on his mobile and ignored me.
Entered in room and the curtain was hanging off, found a takeaway left over under bed and there was no bath towel in room. Next morning i told all this at reception and I was advised thats their chambermaid's fault and not theirs. Anyways I came back late from my meetings to sleep for the second night. In the middle of night my room was knocked by a young guy asking for a cigarette and couple of quid as he had not eaten anything whole day. Again there was no bath towel on 2nd day.
I would never ever stay in this hotel again and would recommend all the readers to think million times before booking their stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank NjalBaker
Manchester, England
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I stayed here with a friend for a few nights. I admit to being a little nervous about staying here as I had read lots of negative reviews HOWEVER, I also read the comments from the ‘new management‘; so I thought I would give this place a go.

I’ll try to be as honest in my review, but fair about each room in turn.

On arrival & first impressions:

I was greeted by a grand entrance with nice long corridors, decent décor and a warm feeling. The reception staff were friendly and polite. If only a suggestion would be the occasional spray of air freshener - just to sweeten the air.

Dinner room:
This was a clean, fresh room with modern tables and chairs and clearly looked like money had been spent to make improvements (ie: new decent carpet). The breakfast itself was simple, basic, but completely adequate (being toast, cooked English and cereal). So, no complaints from me.

Lounge:
This was similar to the dinning room, but with big leather chairs and a 50 inch television. Again, no complaints.

Ok, now for the bed rooms:

Room 17 was a double room on the second floor. This clearly had a new bed, new carpet, newly fitted bathroom and furniture. Also a 19 inch flatscreen tv with integrated dvd. There was also a large comfortable leather arm chair in the corner which was relatively new also. Clearly money has been spent on this room. Overall, this room was great, apart from the curtains that didn’t close correctly/fully and also a annoying draft from the window (being single glazed). Apart from these two small things the room was absolutely fine.

Ok, room 7A. This is a single room on the first floor. Unfortunately I really wish I could be positive about this room, and although there was a nice flatscreen tv (with integrated dvd) - the room is really in need of some TLC (tender loving care) - for example: there was a cracked window (which looked bad and gave out the wrong impression) and the curtains would not close fully. Also the window could only be held open by a chunk of wood (not so great). The skirting boards are really in need of paint. The walls look like they have been painted, but with bits missing so looked patchy (ie: peach walls but bits of cream here and there). There was also there peach paint on the gold light switches, so although the gold switches were a nice touch, they had been spoilt by blobs of peach paint. The bathroom is also in need of a good 'bleach down' (just to rid some moldy spots). I really don’t want to sound overly negative but this could be a great little single room (but just with decent quality maintenance, that does't cut corners)

Overall:
I’d stay here again, but would insist on a newly refurbished room. This hotel could have massive potential as it’s location is excellent. There just needs to be a greater focus on the detail. Generally the hotel is fine - but an eye for detail will improve it further.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank poppypicanto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Fairways Lodge & Leisure Club
Westlynne Hotel/Apartments
#68 of 118 in Manchester
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays

Been to Hazeldean Hotel? Share your experiences!