“Oh dear...one for the hotel inspector”
Review of Hazeldean Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Salford
Hazeldean Hotel
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Made the mistake of staying here with our 3 children , had booked 3 nights but had to leave after first one it was so appalling . Dirty, dirty, dirty, and thrice filthy....it hadn't seen a clean in years, nearly broke my neck on the frayed stained carpet in our 'room'

Entertained at breakfast by a couple of cross-dressing transvestites who spoke loudly on their mobiles throughout discussing hormone injections.....try explaining that to an 11 yr old!

Beds were old, lumpy unclean and very squeaky which, as all 5 of us were in the same room made for a sleepless night.

Left that morning and got a travelodge nearby that was cheap clean and fit for purpose unlike this dive

Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Privatedoc

Reviewed 13 May 2010

Me and my family recently stayed at the hazeldean as we were attending a function there.. Which was all what we expected the catering was 5/5..onto the rooms and service, the rooms were clean and spacious the TV's were also a nice addition kept us up all night watching movies haha the service was all star. We felt right at home and enjoyed having freindly banter with the always helpful hazeldean staff.. We are sure to stay there next time when were next in Manchester, I totally reccomend this hotel for anyone looking to stay in Manchester.

1  Thank Shirleyw56
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Like a previous poster stated, I can only assume that the people criticizing this place have been unlucky. We've been staying there for a number of years now (after finding it due to another hotel's booking error).

It's not the most modern or luxurious hotel in the world, but it doesn't claim to be. It's a short bus ride to the centre of Manchester, but you're far enough out the city that you don't get the noise of a city centre hotel (or the parking costs). It's an ideal stopping point if you're on a night out.

Rooms are indeed quite old fashioned, & some of the bathrooms look dated, but for the price you're paying, it does the job.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank ScotsMag
Reviewed 26 November 2009

the manager said the the hotel was a quait little place and would be nice stay but only to find out the manager had let about 10 lads and 2 girls stay in the same room and put them in the room next to us as my wife and 2 year old was staying the first night on there own them and myself felt it was a joke to be up all night and the same happened the next night as there was no manager or staff to tell in the morning we told the member of staff that we found on the sunday morning they just said speak to the manager as they were leaveing as this happens all the time so i spoke to the manager on the phone and he was rude and told me to [--] off and he was going to do nothing and said it a hotel so tuff look and now dont answer the phone to me
so please do not stay here this hotel is dirty smell y and the paper is hanging off the walls the doors are not save and do not lock right and is not even a 1 star hotel trust me i am a soldier and would rather live in a dirty field witch would be cleaner

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank gibbo2007
HazeldeanHotel, Manager at Hazeldean Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2010

I am incredibly sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant stay at the Hazeldean Hotel. The Hotel is now under new management and ownership, we are currently upgrading the hotel outside and inside and will be finished very soon. This is being done to ensure your stay at the hotel is pleasant and enjoyable. The new management which includes myself strive to be the friendliest hosts you would come across.

Regards
Tom Singh

Reviewed 8 June 2009

I quite liked this hotel. The host was friendly. Rooms comfortable. Really old fashioned. The only fault was nothing to do with the hotel. It was an annoying guest drawling on his mobile phone at the top of his voice, telling his woman what he was having for breakfast and he didn't miss a single item!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rainy2009
Reviewed 10 April 2009

Stayed in this hotel as I came to visit friends and family. I was hoping to stay for a week but left after the first night. I checked in and the Asian man on the desk was extremely unhelpful. He watched us stuggle carry our bags up the stairs. The smell and the look of the room was disgusting. There was marks on the walls and gaps in the window. We had to roll the towel up and fit in the gap to stop the draft coming in. I was hoping to grab a shower in the morning but the state of the place put me off. The plugs were just lying loose on the bath - they wasn't even attached. There was no iron facilities. The breakfast however was great although a bad point I must also is that Asian TV was playing in the dining room. The lady on the reception desk was friendly and helpful. Wouldn't go back to this hotel. Stay away.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank Emma R

I am sorry to hear your stay at the Hazeldean Hotel was unpleasant. The Hotel is now under new ownership and management. Our new team are more than happy to assist guests with their luggage regardless or size or weight. The smell may have been damp which we have now corrected, all of the rooms have a great smell and new decor. All bathrooms and shower units have fixed and cleaned to a very high standard. There is no more Asian TV playing, what you will hear is the finest relaxation music your ears will ever hear!

Regards
Tom Singh

Reviewed 23 March 2008

I'm surprised at the poor reviews here. My third stay at the hotel. It's not a luxury 5-star, but nor does it claim to be. My one and only complaint is that the place is rather smoky; we could smell fresh cigarette (cigar?) smoke in our room most of the time. The management would do well to enforce a non-smoking rule in the entire hotel. Other than that, the staff are extremely pleasant and so is the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank PeanutIsrael
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
2 mi away
#4 of 20 in Salford
Hello Hotel Manchester
Hello Hotel Manchester
#1 of 2 in Swinton

Been to Hazeldean Hotel? Share your experiences!