“Amazing Vegan Afternoon Tea”

Pier Eight Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 379 Restaurants in Salford
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Description: The Lowry’s stunning new restaurant and bar experience. Dine in the stylish and contemporary Pier Eight restaurant overlooking the dramatic skyline of Salford Quays and Media City. For a more casual occasion we also offer a full bar menu in the adjacent Pier Eight Bar. Our ethos throughout both our restaurant and bar is contemporary British flavours using fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked in for afternoon tea with family before seeing a show. My wife and I are vegan so we checked beforehand to see if they could cater for vegans, which they said they could. I wasn’t holding out much hope because of previous experiences at other venues - but I was completely wrong! The chef went to so much effort to make us our own completely delicious vegan friendly selection which was amazing value for money, and he even came out to explain what each dish was. The chocolate truffles were the best I’ve ever tasted, and everyone else was jealous!!
The team couldn’t do enough to cater for us and we left feeling very fully and very happy!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Lowry in Salford Quay is a great location especially on a sunny afternoon. You can look at the art and enjoy the views of the Ship Canal. We like a wander around and because it’s usually quiet, we like a coffee and a maybe a cocktail at Pier Eight.

It’s less than the cost of a Costa with great service from the staff and a view of the Imperial War Museum North. Amazing little bar and restaurant in the right location.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The quality of every dish we had was great ; the service was friendly and efficient, especially given everyone wants to eat at the same time pre-theatre.

On the downside, the tables are very close together - and it was noisy - but then, it was full in spite the large size.

My biggest grumble is reserved for the prices/ pricing. Firstly, if you’re going to promote a set menu with a set price, you need to offer a selection of dishes at that price. There were far too many carrying a supplement and that riles me. It would have been more accurate to say “2 courses from £23, 3 from £29”.

I like to tip good service. A lot do not. But I dislike automatically added service charges, as here. It says it’s voluntary but it’s rude and presumptive to add a discretionary charge in my opinion. Nice to see the description of how the money is dispersed amongst staff though.

Adding in two drinks, supplement costs, a side order of chips and a coffee (and that voluntary tip) came to £89. I might pay that for a relaxed meal of similar (ideally better) standard in a high class restaurant with a beautiful view or ambience, table linen and for a meal that *is* the event and lasts most of the evening. This however was only good food served quickly so I don’t think it merited the steep prices.

Clearly, it was full so many may disagree - but when we come to our next show here I am afraid we will dine elsewhere, as it’s more than we want to pay.

2  Thank CB001_11
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As a first time visitor to the area we were looking for somewhere nice to eat. This did not disappoint. Fantastic food and service. Would highly recommend

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pre-theatre dinner with 2 friends, one had salmon, one scallops & one goats cheeses & beet root starter. 3 x cod main course. All delicious. Patient & attentive service. Good value & very convenient when attending the theater