“Consistent”

Ranked #62 of 81 Restaurants in Aldershot
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Basingstoke. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings - including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Basingstoke's favorite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Consistent”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I have visited this carvery 3 times now. I have not had an issue waiting for a table. Service has been attentive and correctly paced on each occasion. I find it great value for a family of 4. My kids love it-clean plates gaureenteed.

Aldershot, United Kingdom
“Amazing value”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

When I saw a voucher cloud money off for the new carvery , itwas time to go and see. Food amazing price espec ially on 2 for £10, great plates of food and loads of veg. Fizzy is free for second cup, really good value and good food

South East UK
“Very Busy for Sunday Meal”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Located with other eateries in a courtyard (aka piazza) above the free car parking in the newish Westgate Centre in Aldershot.

We turned up around 1630hrs on a Sunday, hoping for a quieter experience than we have had at other TCs in the past. Wrong ! The place was packed and we were told 30 mins wait for a table. So we queued by the inadequately small bar area with other hopefuls to get drinks. Within 5 mins we were called to a table and offered more drinks. Layout of place not spacious and with umpteen kids around not quiet either.

Longish queue for the food; about 10 mins. Food good but have seen better at TCs. The beef option did not seem to be popular today ! Serving and waiting staff rushed off their feet. Difficult to catch their eye. Finally got the pudding menu and had variations on icecreams. Then departed.

Bill for 4 came to £52, without drinks, so not bad for a Sunday. It's a bit cheaper mid-week. Best bit : no washing-up for us afterwards !

Prefer the TC in Frimley for ambience but that's usually crowded as well.

1 Thank Loosecannon
Aldershot, England, United Kingdom
“Excellence in sunday roasts”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Top food at reasonable prices is quite hard to find nowadays so the Toby is a refreshing change.
The sunday dinner's on offer are excellent and if you go kingsize you would have to be a real fat bugger not to be full afterwards.
All the meat on offer looked succulent and fresh from the oven - and the beef in particular is 1st rate.
And as you can have as much ( or little ) potatoes and veg you wont go hungry.
Staff were excellent and eager to please and i was made to feel like there was nothing they wouldn't do for me. My waitress in particular was very sweet , extremely professional and at the top of her game - so a shout out to Erin as you were great.
But all the staff were friendly and i certainly will be taking my family there again

hampshire
“So much for the weeks of training staff before it openened”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

The sign at the door asks you to get a drink before you get a table to eat. I would hate to be there with more than half a dozen people waiting to eat as you'd be squashed to death. It was the lady on the tills first night, and 15 mins later with only 1 drink bought before me i had my glass of wine. The roast dinner was fine although i have eaten in other Toby's and received plenty more meat. we were a group of 15 and you just dont get to eat together because of how long it takes to get through the queueing.15 puddings took about 25 mins to come out of the kitchen, 1 at a time almost! I would recommend it for a couple of people. I would also say we booked well in advance but were seated all over the place.

• Visited January 2013