“Curry Night”
Review of The Red Lion

The Red Lion
Ranked #33 of 89 Restaurants in Aldershot
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I was recommended the Curry Night by a work colleague, I don't usually go out in Aldershot....but what a pleasant surprise we had.
We popped in on the Tuesday night, when we walked through the front doors, what a lovely warm welcome we had. We couldn't decide on which curry to have, so the pleasant man behind the bar said "try a bit of both" it was the same price for double the amount. It was amazing :)
Would totally recommend this pub for a curry, we are defiantly going back.

6  Thank Julie J

Reviewed 26 March 2013

The Red Lion is one I have had the pleasure of visiting over the years, with numerous landlords coming and going. I hope the current ones Lee and Jim are here to stay! Having got to know them over the last year or so they have been here it has totally changed the atmosphere of the place. There's a complete mix of people of all ages. The pub is also always a safe, friendly environment to bring your family or partner as I have found,

The town has been in somewhat of a decline over previous years but since it has been taken over last year a new lease of life has been given to the pub. It is now a thriving pub in a somewhat struggling town.

The beer is not cheap but is to my knowledge cheaper or on par with all of the other non-chain pubs outside of the town. I visit the Golden, La Fontaine and the White Lion occasionally too and they're all in the same boat and are also good places to grab a good quality pint! I personally do not visit a local pub to experience a cheap and nasty pint like you will find in the chain pubs in town.

The food is very reasonable, offering a massive range on the menu with various deals. We often have a drink at the weekends and before/after Aldershot Town FC's games where there are a mix of home and away fans with a great atmosphere.

In my opinion its the best place you can visit in Aldershot where people are actually IN the pub socialising. I wish them all the success in the world.

5  Thank Pete V
Reviewed 22 March 2013

They have a decent range of well kept beer but charge a pound a pint more than chain pubs in the town centre. It is a comfortable and friendly establishment and the food served looks very appetising and although I have not eaten there myself, I have had it recommended to me. Would stop for a pint or two to meet up with friends, but too pricey for an evening out.

1  Thank Mick H
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

This is a diamond in the rough in Aldershot. We were relatively new to the area and decided to brave the pubs of aldershot looking for a nice local to have a bite to eat.

We found the red lion after a few visits to surrounding venues with little success. We were very pleasantly surprised to find the food is of a gastro pub style high quality. They have the top rating food hygiene rating also which is a great indication of quality!

I had a red lion burger which was a ten ounce burger and my wife had a tasty salad. There was plenty of food and we say by the open fire after our full.

We have since been back at lunchtime where they do special offers on selected meals too.

I would highly recommend The Red Lion aldershot to anyone looking for great value and quality pub food with an excellent atmosphere!

9  Thank John R