“Impressed”

Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Indian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Mimosa Aldershot is a modern all-you-can-eat buffet with over 150 seats. A relaxed dining atmosphere with a wide array of Asian food all freshly prepared. The all-you-can-eat buffet includes starters, mains, desserts and live cooking from our noodle bar and grill all in one inclusive price per head. We have a very relaxed atmosphere ideal for group dining, family meals and special occasions. We pride ourselves on quality ingredients and produce coupled with efficient and pleasant service.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We decided to have a family meal for my brothers birthday a couple of weeks ago and were really impressed with the quality of the food. Not to say buffet style restaurants lack standard...but it was almost as if the food had been freshly prepared for us each time we chose something different.

Such a great variety of dishes, the restaurant staff were all polite and friendly. Considering it was a Saturday night and getting quite busy, any emptying dishes were quickly replaced so you never went without.

All in all a lovely experience and would definitely go again.

KGill_11, General Manager at Mimosa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for the great feedback... We are really good you enjoyed the birthday celebrations here as it always adds to the atmosphere. Hopefully, you will come back for many more family occasions.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We went there in the evening , it was busy. There was a lot to choose from . The food tasted nice, however the chicken satays were quite pink inside so I wouldn't eat them.
The staff were friendly & polite.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

So far we've been twice and we plan to go back few more times. The food is delicious and there's plenty of choice even if you are vegetarian. The drinks will rack up the price of the bill but the cocktails hit the spot and nothing is unreasonable, in fact the cocktails are very reasonable. The only disappointment is that the desserts are not quite on trend and are a bit dry sometimes, the jelly my son had was like it hadn't been made up with water, like the packet had just been broken into cubes (??). The only other thing is that if you want a table by the window you have to book although no one tells you that. Friendly hardworking staff. We'll be back (as they say)!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We arrived as they were opening the door for lunchtime. We found that a lot of the dishes weren't out yet but what was on offer was freshly cooked and appetising.
The dishes were well served and plentiful. The chicken and sweetcorn soup was wonderful and the Thai fishcakes were delicious.
The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them to make our visit a pleasant one.
This restaurant came highly recommended by a friend and she wasn't wrong. We were staying in the Travelodge round the corner so we could walk round.
Would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a buffet lunch that was well worth the money.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This buffet restaurant compares very well to another I have been to and was even very busy on a Thursday evening.

Before dining at this restaurant, I checked to the TripAdvisor reviews to see what others thought, and I have to say that I was not disappointed. Their website states that they serve a total of over 60 dishes, and although I did not physically count the number of dishes at the buffet counters, I can say that the variety did look spectacular, as soon as we entered the premises.

We were seated to our table very swiftly. Within just a couple of minutes of our drinks order being placed, the drinks arrived. Used plates and cutlery had been taken from the table, each time we returned from the buffet counter, to obtain our next course.

All the food I ate I enjoyed.

The restaurant and all counter areas seemed very clean and all foods seemed fresh (all hot foods selected were hot when served).

I could only find one fault with this restaurant, and that was the slightly un-even table - as we noticed a folded-up serviette holding the table level.

This restaurant is located in the new Westgate development, on the edge of Aldershot town centre, and there is car parking only moments from the restaurant.

Overall a very pleasing restaurant experience - and I was surprised, also, at how pleasant the new Westgate development itself is.

3  Thank lisboa186