“Wow, great room, great service, great location!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Aldershot Hotel

Travelodge Aldershot Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Aldershot
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Wow, great room, great service, great location!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Can I just say that I hate, hate, hate Travelodge hotels, the last two I have stayed in (airport before holiday and accommodation for a wedding) have been disgusting. Well the Travelodge in Aldershot blew that all away. Easy check in, parking nearby, clean and reception staff friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bed extremely comfortable and there was a fan in the room which was a nice touch as there is no air conditioning and helps with the warm nights. Near the hotel there are bars and restaurants within walking distance. Stayed here for one night as Godson had passing off parade at Pirbright. Without being insulting, more like a premier inn, would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Gateshead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Really impressed with this hotel which is perfect for a weekend break. It's basic but has the essentials - bed, TV, kettle, coffee etc. Iron and board is available on request. The room is extremely clean and the bed very comfortable. The sheets nice and crisp white without one of those horrible throw overs. The only negative of the room is you only get one small container of shower gel. I'm sure another could be available on request but would be nice to have a couple as one just about caters for one shower. The staff are friendly and welcoming, including the maids, and the bar is open until early hours of the morning.
Free parking is available in Morrisons car park next door, but sometimes difficult to find a space. You also have to check your car in with Morrisons each day of your stay. Also, there is nodrop off parking to carry your luggage to the hotel so you have to carry it from Morrisons to the hotel.
Otherwise, this hotel is perfect and I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Aldershot.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We visited this Travelodge for the first time travelling north after a holiday in France. It is a modern, clean hotel that is in a great location. It is situated within a shopping centre so has free car parking and any amount of restaurants and pubs very close by. We were not disturbed by any noise during the night either inside or outside the hotel. Our room was really clean and the bathroom looked to be newly fitted. Great hotel and we felt it was good value for money. We will certainly return if in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roxane W
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights using it as a base to get to Goodwood Festival of Speed as we were unable to get anything remotely close to Goodwood.
This Travelodge has been refurbished and the rooms are very clean and modern. A small restaurant and bar area was available adjacent to the Reception but we didn't use it as we had very early starts on both mornings. Breakfast cost £7.65 so quite reasonable for buffet style.
The only negative comment I have is that the rooms were quite warm. We opened the window bit as our room overlooked the Cineworld and a variety of restaurants the noise from their air conditioning units/vents was quite noisy all through the night. This however wouldn't put me off staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I had to stay in Aldershot on business for one night (Monday). I prefer modern chain hotels for these types of stays as you generally know what your getting.

The Travel Lodge was perfectly located in the town centre and also came out cheapest of all decent looking chain budget hotels at £67 (check out the Premiere Inn).

Nearby cinema and restaurants complex (plenty of choice - Nandos, Frankie and Bennies, Prezzo, Harvester, an Asian fusion buffet (not bad) & a Toby Carvery etc) if you want some distractions and Tesco and Morrisons (next door) are walking distance.

Also very nearby was the theatre and police station/magistrates court.

The hotel offers parking at Morrisons car park between 2pm to 12th the next day but there is pay and display parking outside the hotel at £3.60 the whole day.

The room (double) was very basic and small including the bathroom but it was clean and the hotel still looks new. There was no aircon and heating is an electric wall heater.

Breakfast is an all you can eat buffet - Continental and English. I think I paid £7 for this. It's overpriced for what it was but edible and convenient.

There's no phone in the room so every time you need something (hair dryer or iron) you must go to reception. That said staff were friendly and keen to help.

If you need a clean cheap functional place to lay your head in the centre of Aldershot you can't go wrong. If you want a more this isn't for you.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank F D
Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have stayed here before and wasn't disappointed this time. Again the rooms were comfy and clean. The staff were very helpful and because there is no air conditioning offered me a fan if I needed it. The location is perfect with a wide ranging choice of places to eat within less than 5 minutes of leaving your room. In fact right behind the hotel. The only minor downside is the fact that the pressure for the shower is not great but it does the job. Will stay there again when in the area that is for sure.

Room Tip: Having stayed before I would say a room towards the rear of the hotel. Not as noisy as you might thi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Aldershot, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I am a frequent user of Aldershot Travelodge and have previously been very happy with my stay and the staff however recently there has been many mistakes. The first is the frequent calls from staff asking if they can move you to other hotels due to "Overbooking". This has now happened to me twice in as many weeks even thought I pre-book my stay months before!. The second worrying point is the fact that on 3 occasions now I've been given a room that smells very strongly of smoke. A member of staff thankfully helped me move my luggage to another room however before so, he sprayed the room with fabrize to remove the smell. This was never going to remove the strong smell of smoke from inside the room. There has been a large turnover of staff recently and I can only think that this has an effect on the running of the hotel. Cleaners are forgetting to put towels in the rooms and are also entering rooms when Late Checkout has been booked because "They haven't been told". There are very genuine staff in there (Matt) who are being worked to the bone and being taken advantage of. If this carries on me and my colleagues will no longer be staying and are already looking into alternatives in the local area. The company must really help the genuine staff in this hotel before more customers are turned off.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Aldershot Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your review Gareth D. We are truly sorry to learn that you were unhappy with your room. Our cleaning staff are required to routinely check all our rooms and to notice any smells. We will air out any affected rooms and notify the Hotel Manager if necessary. We would also expect our staff members to be helpful and available at all times so it is regrettable to learn that you feel that you did not receive this high level of service from our staff. We are sorry for the experience you had with us and would like to investigate the concerns that you have raised. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldershot
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,753 reviews
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham
Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel
BEST WESTERN Frensham Pond Hotel

Been to Travelodge Aldershot Hotel? Share your experiences!