“Its ok if its not too hot”

Travelodge Aldershot Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Aldershot
“Its ok if its not too hot”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Ok hotel, its brand new however every area in the hotel apart from the reception was really hot, no aircon in rooms, although I guess you get what you pay for, thankfully I wasn't paying. My room faced the road, very noisy. Other members of my party had rooms facing the restaurants behind and all they could smell was greasy/meaty smells, not nice, when one was a vegetarian!

It is fairly comfortable although a little basic

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Middlewich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here last week, for just 1 night, July 31st, a family party booking 4 rooms between us, travelling down for my sons passing out. The hotel is in a great location and close to several army bases. I've stayed in various Travelodges and have always rated them very highly in all areas. 3 of the rooms were very clean and couldn't be faulted, but I obviously pulled the short straw choosing room 107, a family room. Although very spacious, I noticed as my son went into the bathroom that there was a screwed up receipt on the floor under the toilet. I picked it up and went to put it in the bin and discovered that it hadn't been emptied since the previous occupants. My son lifted up the seat as I was stood next to him and I was shocked to see a pubic hair on the toilet with stale, dried on urine stains. The rest of the room looked clean enough but I then started looking for more faults, which if the bathroom hadn't been so dirty I wouldn't have noticed. The mirror was dirty, the picture above the bed had thick dust on it, and the room (and the hotel) was so hot, I went to pull the curtains back and discovered thick cobwebs in the corner of the window. Obviously not just a rogue spider that had nipped in for a quick spin between them servicing the room and us occupying it. looking out of the window, there seemed to be what looked like a pair of underpants on the roof that it was overlooking. There was a fan in the room, but it only circulated warm air, making it very difficult to sleep. The guy behind the bar was lovely, and very helpful, but a receptionist tried to charge us twice for breakfasts that we had paid for, she seemed to find it difficult to understand us, with limited skills in the english language. The breakfast was great value and couldn't be faulted. As we were leaving there seemed to be a huge congregation of staff stood outside the front door smoking, so we had to walk through a fog to get to our car. I personally wouldn't stay here again after my experience, which is such a shame, as this is the first travelodge I have ever had any issues with...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
West Sussex, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a quite new Travelodge, close to the shops in Aldershot. Our room was small but clean and well kept; the bathroom was also small, with only a shower – no bath – and this was clean as well. We were on the ground floor, at the front of the building and found the noise from the road somewhat intrusive. We were woken around 3am by a group of people laughing and shouting to each other and at other times by traffic noises. However, the bed itself was firm and comfortable; we read in some of the advertising literature in the room that Travelodge has invested in new high specification beds for their premises.
Light meals and snacks are available in the spacious dining area, which we didn’t try. Backing onto the Travelodge is a pedestrianised restaurant zone, with about 9 different types of eatery, so we chose to eat in one of those. However, I did have breakfast at the Travelodge, which was good value at £7.65, very well presented, hot and properly cooked. It was completely self-service, with a wide choice of items, including grapefruit and orange segments and the usual cereals, morning goods and cooked selection. The staff cleared used crockery promptly and everything was very clean.
The car park is part of the Morrisons complex, from which there is a lift to the Travelodge entrance level. However, my companion is disabled, having difficulty walking, so we were very surprised how far away from the lift the actual entrance is. It would be much more useful to have disabled parking bays in the road outside the Travelodge building instead of the long loading bay which is there.
Each member of staff we spoke to was very pleasant, helpful and welcoming, but we probably wouldn’t stay here again unless we had another very early appointment at the nearby hospital.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kilmarnock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was a journey down memory lane for me but this was a new set of memories. We arrived too early to book in but the charming receptionist took our name so she knew we were around.
We headed off to have some lunch and a stroll around a town that hasn't changed much in the thirteen years I have been away.
The room was facing out onto the road but it was incredibly quiet. We had a great nights sleep and never heard a thing.
Spotlessly clean and welcoming. Would go back here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room which save carting luggage up the stairs.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Daventry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Upon arrival greeted by staff which were more than a little difficult to understand due to language differences. Booked three rooms two were exceptionally clean and well maintained. Unfortunately I had gone to room which smelt or wet dog and was roasting . Was amazed by the customer service skills of young man checking us out he was an absolute credit go the company. Would definitely come back again but hope not to get the family room that smelt of wet dog

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Chard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Always a good clean pleasant place to stay when we visit relatives. Generally very quiet compared to some hotels we have stayed in.
Also very handy for the station, and Westgate complex of shops and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Bridgend, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Friendly staff, great location, uncomfortable night's stay! Too hot, no aircon, too noisy with the window open or the fan on. Hard to believe that a recent purpose-built hotel has no aircon, and not enough fans for there to be one in each room!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldershot
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel
Premier Inn Farnham
#2 of 6 in Farnham
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham
Premier Inn Farnborough Town Centre

Been to Travelodge Aldershot Hotel? Share your experiences!